GW matchmaking different for Android and iOS

I've been playing identical arena teams at lvl 70 on both Samsung Note 5 and iPhone 5. In arena, the team on android is usually in the top 10 while the one on iOS is in the top 50. Both teams are on the same shard/server since they were created on the same day.

For the past couple of weeks or so, the iOS matches have been significantly harder than the android matches. The iOS matches would be highly starred and geared starting level 68 and majority after that would be against level 70 teams. The android matches would start at 58 and i would run into way fewer 70s. I basically breeze through on android and have a very difficult time on iOS due to poor matchmaking.

Anyone have similar matchmaking on GW and care to share their experiences on the different platforms?

Replies

• Options
    I only play on iOS and today I'm facing a level 70 team on only the 3rd node and I'm level 65. iOS is hard for sure.
  • Options
    Are you running identical teams on both accounts?
  • Options
    I am on android, and didn't start focusing on a "A team" until recently, so my squad isn't very strong, but on the 3rd node of GW i am facing a team that is on equal or better footing star and gear wise than my squad.

The A team I am running until i finish getting better stuff
    6* Gear 7 lv 61 Sidious
    4* Gear 7 lv 59 Teebo
    4* Gear 7 lv 59 Dooku
    4* Gear 6 lv 61 Lumi
    4* Gear 5 lv 61 QGJ

I am facing

4* gear 6 lv 56 chewie
    4* gear 8 lv 56 JC
    6* gear 7 lv 56 Talia
    6* gear 7 lv 56 Lumi
    6* gear 6 lv 56 Sid

seems unfair on android to me
  • Options
    Are you running identical teams on both accounts?

Yup, identical teams 26,276 power on android. iOS is weaker at 25,115 (some characters are missing a couple of stars)
  • Options
    Omicron wrote: »
    I am on android, and didn't start focusing on a "A team" until recently, so my squad isn't very strong, but on the 3rd node of GW i am facing a team that is on equal or better footing star and gear wise than my squad.

The A team I am running until i finish getting better stuff
    6* Gear 7 lv 61 Sidious
    4* Gear 7 lv 59 Teebo
    4* Gear 7 lv 59 Dooku
    4* Gear 6 lv 61 Lumi
    4* Gear 5 lv 61 QGJ

I am facing

4* gear 6 lv 56 chewie
    4* gear 8 lv 56 JC
    6* gear 7 lv 56 Talia
    6* gear 7 lv 56 Lumi
    6* gear 6 lv 56 Sid

seems unfair on android to me

I had similar grief on GW before hitting level 70. Matchmaking is all over the place when not at level cap.
  • Options
    Interestingly, I'm running another game account on Android. Yes, iOS from my memory was much harder at that level. Galactic War was impossible at the time, whilst now on my other device running Android, I'm breezing through content. However, this time around, I have the knowledge and experience with me and a different team. I can't say the games are coded differently, just a case of luck.
  • Options

I read a post somewhere (not sure on the validity of it) but GW matches are seemingly based on the maximum strength of your best ever arena team. You say both teams are identical but I imagine that is in terms of characters and not levels and gear levels. Even if they are identical there will always be variance based on the randomness of it. Some GWS will just be easier than others and I believe it is just random and that you would find the same if you ran 2 android accounts or 2 IOS accounts.

Im on Android and I probably finish 2xGWs a week if I'm lucky. Other days I can only get to about node 9 or so
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    I read a post somewhere (not sure on the validity of it) but GW matches are seemingly based on the maximum strength of your best ever arena team. You say both teams are identical but I imagine that is in terms of characters and not levels and gear levels. Even if they are identical there will always be variance based on the randomness of it. Some GWS will just be easier than others and I believe it is just random and that you would find the same if you ran 2 android accounts or 2 IOS accounts.

Im on Android and I probably finish 2xGWs a week if I'm lucky. Other days I can only get to about node 9 or so

This. By identical, I meant literally, or I would've used the word 'similar'.

I think your results on each side would've been closer over time if the two power levels were the same. Any "leftover" variance would then be more likely attributed to random chance rather than platform.
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

Following your logic, my android team should be facing a tougher challenge than the ios team but it's the other way around. Might be luck but seeing 12 nodes two times everyday at level 70 for the past two weeks and seeing the disparity begs the question if anyone feels the same way.
  • Options
    I run a JT Rey, BB8, R2D2, GK, and Fulcrum AT, zetas on rey, r2 and fulcrum, float around 30s if i do all my battles i can get into top 20, i love the squad its very fun to play with
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing the devs love more than rebels/LS is android.
    =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Interesting read.
  • Options
    I’ve missed these threads since the devs reworked the GW matching algorithm.

It was conclusively demonstrated before they changed it that the strength of opponent you faced throughout the nodes was relative to the highest power team you’d ever used in any GW node.

They’ve now capped the difficulty so that level 85 players will permenantly face teams of the same difficulty, the hardest of which is that of someone who has just become level 85. For the majority of level 85 players that is embarrassingly simple.

If you’re struggling now, you won’t in a while - believe me.

And the variance between devices is likely related to the difference in power level between the teams. I regularly face “identical” teams to mine in arena, but because of mods and zetas I get rinsed.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Moved to Feedback/GW and closed necro post.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
This discussion has been closed.