JTR under Zeta Finn Lead

Can we talk about how amazing JTR is under a Finn Zeta lead? All the discussion seems to be about who’s leader ability is better, JTR is better in arena but thats about it. JTR is exactly what a zFinn Lead needed. When you run her under zFinn the cooldowns are a non-issue, people were concerned about her 5 cooldown for each ability but under zFinn I can use any ability with her every turn. So I use mind trick which gives her close to %100 turn meter and reduces the opponents turn meter, then immediately use Defiant Slash and call zBB-8 to assist EVERY TURN, its total domination. Every time its BB-8’s turn I give out secret intel so JTR gains more turn meter and shes going twice as much as any other resistance toon, and being able to use Defiant slash constantly and calling zBB8-8 to assist everytime means that no longer will BB-8 do little to no damage, BB-8 attacks more than most toons on the team now. I run zFinn, Poe, Ressistance Trooper, JTR and zBB-8. They are crazy good, the secret is out now... thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Thoughts: I like it! Was planning to use her in TW under this situation as I do not have her lead zeta'd yet, so happy to hear the experience is good.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd be more interested in hearing how it does in arena and raids, as I'm trying to build two Res teams for TW/TB. I imagine it's worse than a JTR lead in arena on defense, so it really comes down to raids. Can this team outscore a JTR/R2//BB8/+2 team?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • Options
    In Arena: no doubt that JTR is better on Defence cause you can mix and match the Team and still hold your place as long as you have her with zBB-8 and zzR2D2

Heroic Rancor: they can clear the whole thing but nowadays the Rancor is a non issue anyway.

Normal Tank: really good phases 2,3 & 4

HAAT: unfortunately I’m gonna need your guy’s help on this one. I have a top tier lineup of toons but I am not in a top tier Guild so I cant accurately test this out for you guy’s. But I’m confident its better, between JTR and Poe reducing turn meter it should be enough to get thru phase 3 and with zFinn’s cooldown reduction you will get Illuminated destiny off way faster.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    JediAaron wrote: »
    In Arena: no doubt that JTR is better on Defence cause you can mix and match the Team and still hold your place as long as you have her with zBB-8 and zzR2D2

Heroic Rancor: they can clear the whole thing but nowadays the Rancor is a non issue anyway.

HAAT: unfortunately I’m gonna need your guy’s help on this one. I have a top tier lineup of toons but I am not in a top tier Guild so I cant accurately test this out for you guy’s. But I’m confident its better, between JTR and Poe reducing turn meter it should be enough to get thru phase 3 and with zFinn’s cooldown reduction you will get Illuminated destiny off way faster.

What team do you use in p3 with finn lead?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Same resistance team. Poe’s Taunt and BB-8’s secret intel is enough buffs to survive the the big gun but i guess you could sub R2 in there as well for his group attack, haven’t tried R2 yet tho
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Same resistance team. Poe’s Taunt and BB-8’s secret intel is enough buffs to survive the the big gun but i guess you could sub R2 in there as well for his group attack, haven’t tried R2 yet tho

problem with that line-up is that you'll get to enrage way too soon without any other character than poe for tmr. Rey works way better in that fase and you'll still need an extra TM redux toon in there to solo the entire phase.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Can we talk about how amazing JTR is under a Finn Zeta lead? All the discussion seems to be about who’s leader ability is better, JTR is better in arena but thats about it. JTR is exactly what a zFinn Lead needed. When you run her under zFinn the cooldowns are a non-issue, people were concerned about her 5 cooldown for each ability but under zFinn I can use any ability with her every turn. So I use mind trick which gives her close to %100 turn meter and reduces the opponents turn meter, then immediately use Defiant Slash and call zBB-8 to assist EVERY TURN, its total domination. Every time its BB-8’s turn I give out secret intel so JTR gains more turn meter and shes going twice as much as any other resistance toon, and being able to use Defiant slash constantly and calling zBB8-8 to assist everytime means that no longer will BB-8 do little to no damage, BB-8 attacks more than most toons on the team now. I run zFinn, Poe, Ressistance Trooper, JTR and zBB-8. They are crazy good, the secret is out now... thoughts?

Thoughts: a lot of teams are amazing on offense. They all suck on defense so why is this one so special?
  • Options
    A JTR lead squad can do a portion of P2 all the way to the end of p4 in HAAT, gear/mods permitting of course.