Speed needs a nerf and I have an idea of how to do so

For a long time now, Speed has been the ONLY stat that matters in this game. It has caused countless hours of mod farming, crystal purchases, and energy refreshes to obtain just this one stat on mods. It has been more than apparent that it's an issue that needs resolving. Here's how.

Certain mod stats should only be available to certain classes. Here is how they would break down:

Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Offense is only for Attackers.
Health, Protection, and Defense is only for Tanks.
Potency, Tenacity, and Speed is only for Supports and Healers.

This makes it so each role has a balance and also helps to solve the Speed problem that has plagued the game since mods were implemented. It makes each role more effective at what they are supposed to do instead of just making it about who has the fastest characters. Abilities, zetas, and gear will matter more instead of all of that hard work meaning nothing because the other person has a faster team.

Of course, this would also require an overhaul of other aspects of the game, such as the raids. But, I think in the end it would bring much more balance to the Force (and the game) and giving us something more to rely on than just the Speed stat.

Replies

• Options
    This wouldn't fix anything. Number one team would be something like Rex(L), R2, Thrawn, Nihilus and GK. Four supports (so they max out speed) and one tank.
  • Options
    For a long time now, Speed has been the ONLY stat that matters in this game. It has caused countless hours of mod farming, crystal purchases, and energy refreshes to obtain just this one stat on mods. It has been more than apparent that it's an issue that needs resolving. Here's how.

Certain mod stats should only be available to certain classes. Here is how they would break down:

Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Offense is only for Attackers.
    Health, Protection, and Defense is only for Tanks.
    Potency, Tenacity, and Speed is only for Supports and Healers.

This makes it so each role has a balance and also helps to solve the Speed problem that has plagued the game since mods were implemented. It makes each role more effective at what they are supposed to do instead of just making it about who has the fastest characters. Abilities, zetas, and gear will matter more instead of all of that hard work meaning nothing because the other person has a faster team.

Of course, this would also require an overhaul of other aspects of the game, such as the raids. But, I think in the end it would bring much more balance to the Force (and the game) and giving us something more to rely on than just the Speed stat.

If speed isn't the bane because of your vision, something else will become your bane. The gamers here will figure out your new rules, and then everyone will be farming that.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    I think most people farm mods for secondary speed stats anyways, so this wouldn't really change much. It was already pointed out that the primary meta teams' individual classes would still have the same benefits under your proposed structure. It was also already mentioned that people would just as thoroughly scour this structure like the current one has been explored to find the "perfect" combo and build. No matter what the structure looks like, it is human nature to adapt and find the patterns for the most efficient productivity.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne