7* STH vs 5* GK

KorAgaz
105 posts Member
edited December 2017
Alright, hear me out.

I've met this conundrum today. The rest of the team is zzCLS (zUniques,G12), zR2D2 (zNumCrunch,G12), Thrawn (7*,G11), Zolo (6*,G11). I used to run this team with STH (7*,G11) as 5th and Rex (G12,7*) as lead, but swapped the latter with CLS. My GK is 5* and G8 and still a long way to go (in terms of Mk3 Carbs). First, the numbers of defensive stats (both similarly modded), negative values in difference means more stats for GK (first table without mods, second with mods):

BASE Health Prot H+P Armour Resist Speed Tenac
GK 18748 11182 29930 22.59 15.86 115 25
STH 16982 18774 35756 27.76 12.01 126 26
Diff -1766 7592 5826 5.17 -3.85 11 1

MODS Health Prot H+P Armour Resist Speed Tenac
GK 20605 22838 43443 27.1 19.86 169 28.53
STH 20384 32207 52591 31.85 15.73 178 34.93
Diff -221 9369 9148 4.75 -4.13 9 6.4

As you can see, the main issue is the 9k difference in protection. Considering how enemy toons will hit (like CLS and Zolo) and that my team doesn't have an aoe cleanser, I'm leaning towards going forward with GK. STH dies fast anyway, and he lacks some secondary defensive mechanisms (i.e. foresight).

Thoughts?

ETA: Eh, can't really do much better with formatting the stats tables, sorry for that

Replies

• Options
    I saw the title and thought it was a no brainier, but one think is that STH will benefit from the CLS lead: also I’ve run up against both set ups in my arena, but in the STH case he has a zeta, which allows him to gain protection on being damaged; it’s actually a rather good mechanism, and attacking him gives all other people on the team tm, so if you have a spare zeta and are willing to, zeta STH is a good option
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Tanks benefit less from stars than any other type of character.

I'd have it pretty even between the two though you could move Han clearly ahead with a zeta. That said you would benefit more in the longer term with an extra zeta on r2 or a third on cls.
  • Pacyn4life
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Kenobi, always invest in the future, there is no future for STHan on arena. Give the spare zeta for R2.
  • Options
    GKs crit immunity and auto taunt are going to help your sqaud more than the extra HPs that STH provides while GK is being geared/starred. GK is one of the best toons in the game. Dump resources into him
  • Options
    Just use STHan as a fill in. He's not bad, but very easily controlled in the current meta. End game, plan on GK.
  • Options
    The difference isn't 9k protection, the difference is how well used it is by the A.I on defense. The difference is in how many team comps can you fit sth and in how many can you fit gk? Use sth until you've geared Kenobi to g10/g11, but once you're there swap him out. Sth can taunt every once in a while, one dispel and he is just sitting there, being useless. Kenobi has a persistent taunt, every time somebody on your team gets hit by a crit.
  • Options
    Long term I'm going for GK, I think there's no doubt there, my problem is who to use while GK is being geared! I don't intend to zeta STH (actually considering R2's cleanse as my next zeta).

After quite a few battles and mod swapping for STH (tried him with more protection or more speed) he seems unable to keep up for the ranks I'm trying to get now (< 30) and his kit is beyond lackluster.

Boy, all this time while aiming at 50+ rank, I didn't realize how squishy STH is. Maybe I should've gone with OB all this time.

Will try GK extensively the next few days (since both get destroyed by a Wiggs+Zolo attack...) and update. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    I didn't put GK in my team before he was 7* gr 12. Stars does not matter so much but the 11k protection does. When I put Kenobi in my team at gr 11, he was 30k Health + 46k HP and 214 speed. Without Bariss, he was shot in one assault when the other GK was calling 'Lead the Charge'.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Either Old Ben or Sthan fail to stand up in late game without a zeta.

Chaze can hold up without a zeta but that takes a second slot as backup.

I've heard of people alternating Sthan or Old Ben and zeta Luke learn control (call to action off) as tank.

R2s stealth works as good as a taunt and with call to action off Luke gets critical avoidance defense up and extra counter chance.

Then when Han is ready to taunt Luke uses call to action and recovers health and protection.