Why The Mod Caps?

Prev1
I just found out i reached max amount of mods you can recieve, so all my new mods have to be dormant in inbox until i sell a bunch good mods that are not easy to get why should I be forced to sell any of them! These mods cost good Cantina energy which does not come very quickly unless you buy crystals which also gets expensive so essentially I am losing money with this, please remove the mod cap and or post a notice that one even existed before people get into the situation this is a loss for me, hopefully you will remedy

Replies

• Options
    There's no way you have that many "good" unassigned mods.
  • Options
    Just go ahead and sell any grey mods that aren't crit damage triangles or speed arrows. All other grey mods are not good mods.
  • Options
    i agree mod management is already horrifying why make it harder by setting a cap
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    equip your good mods, this will free up space for new mods.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    There's no way you have that many "good" unassigned mods.
    I use my cantina energy on mods so get alot of them, i sold alot of the "undesirable" ones already so i have ones left that I think may be useful, plus that whole grey mods is useless thing is a myth friend! Because a good amount of those gain nice wuality secondary and 3rd attributes! So please why would i sell them? Why should i even have to sell them!?! Some of those came from purchases and there is no notice in place that this may happen,
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i agree mod management is already horrifying why make it harder by setting a cap

well to be fair, having a cap kinda makes it easier to manage.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

how?
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Just go ahead and sell any grey mods that aren't crit damage triangles or speed arrows. All other grey mods are not good mods.

Only some characters require those type of mods and sometimes depending on the situation may have shuffle my mods around, and grey mods may have good second, third attributes when maxed
  • Options

Thanks for the advice but as we all know certain Toons take certain mods I may have a bunch of this type but we require a few of that type that I don't have I do not want to put mods on a toon and then have to remove them which cost me credits which are rare itself now, theres really no valid reason for caps,
  • Options
    Equip them to characters.., that way they r all showing on swgoh too.. that will free space for more... although i equip all mods worth having and sell the rest and still have toons without mods
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

how?

Having 1500 unassinged mods sure is harder to manage than "just" 1000.
  • Options
    The ironic part is is that this stored all of my new mods inside of the inbox until I get rid of the old ones why not just open up the Inbox and allow me to have more that makes absolutely no sense. It's like having a closet inside of a closet
  • Options

how?

Having 1500 unassinged mods sure is harder to manage than "just" 1000.

I understand for some people is easier to choose from the smaller selection but some of us like to have options especially when you're paying for them
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »

Thanks for the advice but as we all know certain Toons take certain mods I may have a bunch of this type but we require a few of that type that I don't have I do not want to put mods on a toon and then have to remove them which cost me credits which are rare itself now, theres really no valid reason for caps,

well, having all your characters modded all the time has it's benefits. One of them being that they show up on swgoh.gg, wich is the main reason i do it.
  • Options
    grey mods being trash is not a myth.. the fact that it is grey means that you can ONLY get 1... lets call it layer of the secondarys. if it was a gold then each of the secondaries can go up more and more. so if you are looking for speed secondaries which everyone is.. you cant get more than like 5 speed from a grey mod as opposed to like 10+ speed mods which are extremely desirable.

A grey mod that is a speed primary arrow or a crit damage triangle then sure it will be useful but a random square grey mod or w/e is garbage and you really shouldnt be wasting 100k+ credits to see if you got lucky with a small amount of speed.
  • Options
    Equip them?

Farm more characters so you can equip them?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

well, having all your characters modded all the time has it's benefits. One of them being that they show up on swgoh.gg, wich is the main reason i do it.

I don't mean that I'm not minding my characters because to obtain a good GP you need mods on all your characters at this point in the game now what I'm getting at is them taking away my ability to a degree to Taylor make my toon the way I want him to be, that is really the only thing that sets a difference apart in toons since there is a level cap and limits on abilities, really the bottom line also is I paid for some of those mods and I want them
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    grey mods being trash is not a myth.. the fact that it is grey means that you can ONLY get 1... lets call it layer of the secondarys. if it was a gold then each of the secondaries can go up more and more. so if you are looking for speed secondaries which everyone is.. you cant get more than like 5 speed from a grey mod as opposed to like 10+ speed mods which are extremely desirable.

A grey mod that is a speed primary arrow or a crit damage triangle then sure it will be useful but a random square grey mod or w/e is garbage and you really shouldnt be wasting 100k+ credits to see if you got lucky with a small amount of speed.

That's not true at all and I can guarantee you don't have any data to support that because I've gotten many good in high speed mods as secondary when I maxed out a gray that is not true that is your opinion but thank you for your comment
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Equip them?

Farm more characters so you can equip them?

Yes but that still does not get rid of the fact that I don't have access to mods at this point anymore
  • Options

That's not true at all and I can guarantee you don't have any data to support that because I've gotten many good in high speed mods as secondary when I maxed out a gray that is not true that is your opinion but thank you for your comment

The maximum speed you can get on a gray mod is 5. On a green it's 10. Sell your grays (or equip them to pilots that you don't plan to use in battles, because all you need on a pilot is dots and levels).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Time and/or Money = crystals = energy = Mods, so please tell me out of the above equation which one if not more than one would you be willing to lose?
  • Options

The maximum speed you can get on a gray mod is 5. On a green it's 10. Sell your grays (or equip them to pilots that you don't plan to use in battles, because all you need on a pilot is dots and levels).

Where did you get those statistics if you don't mind me asking also even if it were 5 as a Max or average that is still a good amount and not worth tossing also again I am putting the mods on characters that I don't use but the fact is once I have them on there and I decide to take them off it's going to cost me credits as opposed to mining them from the beginning the way that I want them and not being wasteful
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I don't mean that I'm not minding my characters because to obtain a good GP you need mods on all your characters at this point in the game now what I'm getting at is them taking away my ability to a degree to Taylor make my toon the way I want him to be, that is really the only thing that sets a difference apart in toons since there is a level cap and limits on abilities, really the bottom line also is I paid for some of those mods and I want them

I don't know what to tell you. I highly doubt you've got more than a thousand unequiped mods that are worth keeping. I've got 724 mods equiped and some of those aren't even worth keeping. I'm also probably close to the max in my inventory currently, but i've got boat loads of grey mods that i can instandly sell knowing they're not worth the credits it costs to upgrade them.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to feedback sub
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options

Its in no way an opinion. thats pretty funny actually.

I guess ill break it down for you. every 3rd level on a mod will apply a secondary stat OR upgrade a secondary stat. so if you start with a grey mod, at lvl 3 6 9 and 12 you will get a secondary stat applied to your mod. If you have a blue mod with 2 secondaries already on there at lvl 1, Then for 2 of those 4 lvls you will get a new secondary stat and the other 2 will UPGRADE one of the secondaries.

So if you have a gold mod at lvl 1 with a speed secondary then you will have 4 chances at increasing the speed. Of course you could get unlucky and only get a garbage secondary stat increased. If you have a grey mod then you will have no opportunity to upgrade one of the secondaries. There is never a situation when you will have a grey mod that gets speed secondary stat above like 5 or 6 speed(cant remember the max in 1 go). Its just not possible, the only way that could happen is if the mod ended up with less than 4 secondaries at lvl 12 which is not possible.

Its very easy to prove aswell. take a grey mod and level it to 3, you will see 1 secondary added, then lvl to 6 and you will see another secondary added and so on. Then take a blue mod and lvl it the same way. you will see at lvl 3 it will add a secondary, then at lvl 6 add the last secondary, then at lvl 9 and 12 there is no more room for another secondary so instead it UPGRADES the current secondary available. Thats how it works, thats how people get 16+ speed secondaries cause that mod had speed already and that stat got upgraded multiple times. there is no 1 time addition of 10+speed, it just doesnt happen cause if it did then those perfect gold mods that got speed upgraded multiple times would be able to go over 40 speed in 1 mod, and that doesnt happen.

I hope you come to understand this cause more knowledge of how this game works can only help people.

• Options

It appears that you have a fairly significant misunderstanding of either how mod stats upgrade or what constitutes a high secondary-speed value. I'd suggest searching for the subject on YouTube. There are several good mod tutorials available that can help you out.
  • Options

There is all sorts of data to support that. A grey mod will NEVER get higher than 6 speed on it.

Secondaries level up at 3,6,9,12.
    If it's grey, all they do is appear. But if it is colored, it will increase.

If you want to hang onto grey mods for some reason or another, go ahead. But don't kid yourself that they will be quality mods. They are, at best, placeholders until you come up with non-grey mods. At which point you will have to spend another 500k credits to level the good mod up.

Please do yourself a favor and stop leveling grey mods.
  • Options

Its in no way an opinion. thats pretty funny actually.

I guess ill break it down for you. every 3rd level on a mod will apply a secondary stat OR upgrade a secondary stat. so if you start with a grey mod, at lvl 3 6 9 and 12 you will get a secondary stat applied to your mod. If you have a blue mod with 2 secondaries already on there at lvl 1, Then for 2 of those 4 lvls you will get a new secondary stat and the other 2 will UPGRADE one of the secondaries.

So if you have a gold mod at lvl 1 with a speed secondary then you will have 4 chances at increasing the speed. Of course you could get unlucky and only get a garbage secondary stat increased. If you have a grey mod then you will have no opportunity to upgrade one of the secondaries. There is never a situation when you will have a grey mod that gets speed secondary stat above like 5 or 6 speed(cant remember the max in 1 go). Its just not possible, the only way that could happen is if the mod ended up with less than 4 secondaries at lvl 12 which is not possible.

Its very easy to prove aswell. take a grey mod and level it to 3, you will see 1 secondary added, then lvl to 6 and you will see another secondary added and so on. Then take a blue mod and lvl it the same way. you will see at lvl 3 it will add a secondary, then at lvl 6 add the last secondary, then at lvl 9 and 12 there is no more room for another secondary so instead it UPGRADES the current secondary available. Thats how it works, thats how people get 16+ speed secondaries cause that mod had speed already and that stat got upgraded multiple times. there is no 1 time addition of 10+speed, it just doesnt happen cause if it did then those perfect gold mods that got speed upgraded multiple times would be able to go over 40 speed in 1 mod, and that doesnt happen.

I hope you come to understand this cause more knowledge of how this game works can only help people.
    +1
    Unless you consider +5 or +6 speed good, there's no reason in saving those grey mods :)
  • Options

grey is 5, but green is 11.
    Speed secondaries can go up by a max of 6 each time.
  • Options
    Hoarders... just let it go man, it's all junk.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice