Is Rex Still Good Leader in Arena?

hey guys, so my current arena team atm is phasma (L), kylo, qui gon, old ben, and luminara. yes i understand that this team isnt good. but please note that im only level 67, the highest level account in my shard is like 75, and im working on replacing some of these characters. atm im working on an ackbar led team because i need rebels as well as my empire team for when palp comes back around.

now im using rex lead on a few of my alternates but theyre still in the low 50's level range. so high ranked arena battles are not something ive been involved with. im f2p and no where close to getting r2, gk, or any of the other reaaaallly good toons. rex has been good on my alt but i got him out of the chromium pack from the start and have no way of farming. though on my main account ive seen rex pop up a lot in guild and fleet shipments. i also have him unlocked but hes ungeared and unleveled at 4 stars. my question is, should i start farming rex and use him as a lead instead of ackbar? i plan on using ackbar with bistan, leia, lando, and old ben. and ive seen a lot of ackbar teams on the meta chart, as well as rex leads. though these rex led teams are typically accompanied with other hard to obtain toons like gk, r2, and such. so is rex viable in arena as a lead still? or should i go with ackbar? they both cleanse but rex gives tm and can remove it (which makes him good for rancor). but ackbar has better syngeries since rebels are OP. is rex only good with all the other OP toons? or can he be viable/good with f2p characters? and if so, what is a good team with him as lead? excluding r2, cls, gk, thrawn, etc.

note: i do have nihilus but hes only 3 stars and will be for a while. though i have him at gear 8

Replies

• Options
    Wedge lead is probably better than Ackbar, especially with Biggs imo. The health gain can be a nuisance and it was meta at one point.

Rex can be good but only in mixed teams, Triple Cleanse for example had Rex, Nihilus, GK, Baze and Chirrut. These all had faction synergy except Chaze bc of the TM feed to launch Nihilus's Annihilate. This is the only viable team on defense Ive known him in. So unless you want that then dont bother imo.

A good team to go for early on is Phoenix, to get Thrawn and Palp which helps to get R2, thus helping towards CLS. Also helps towards Yoda as Phoenix has two jedi.

Since your shard is quite early then a dodge lead is good such as Old Ben.

• Options
    recently learned that old bens ability block special doesnt count as a non-attack. and that ezras assist doesnt count as an attack. so maybe i could use ackbar, lando, leia, bistan, and ezra.

i know that wedge is probably better, but i like the ackbar team because im already working on it, i think itd be more fun, and i like to be a little different than all the teams that everyone runs. i also dont want to start farming phx because ive already started on so many other teams that to start farming phx now would take too long. though ive farmed a phx team on an alternate account. i also have maul, nihilus, dooku, sidious, and opress. id like that to be my main team but theyve been put on the back burner for now because im pretty sure palp is coming up after cls. and i know with the new movies, i wana focus on fo more.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong in trying refreshing lineups but wedge and biggs teams do hit hard. Ackbar teams don't....well, before CLS, and Hermit Yoda join the team, that is.
  • Options
    i know that wedge is probably better, but i like the ackbar team because im already working on it, i think itd be more fun, and i like to be a little different than all the teams that everyone runs.

That's great, don't expect to achieve much.

• Options
    Rex is probably the best catch all lead. if you want to run a specific faction you can do better, but if you want to run a composite of toons from different factions he's probably your best option
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rex is amazing as a leader still. I use my Han solo stun against him because, he's just too good.