Collusion

124Next

Replies

• Options
    I only know one truth: shard collusion must end.
    It takes away, at least for me, the competitive aspect of arena, and I wish CG would do something about it.
  • Options
    Git Gud bro.

You are responsible for your own happiness and if you worry about what you think others may or may not be doing you aren't putting your happiness 1st.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    Git Gud bro.

You are responsible for your own happiness and if you worry about what you think others may or may not be doing you aren't putting your happiness 1st.
    I get #1 despite not being in the shard collusion and Im still against it.
    You tried to look smart with your post but you failed hard.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    You are mistaken in calling people in arena cooperating collusion:

Define collusion: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collusion

If they were in the open saying: "We aren't cooperating!", and then doing so in secret, it would be collusion.

If there were rules against cooperating in arena, then it would be collusion.

Cooperating is not collusion. You are misusing a term to make what is occurring seem worse than it is.

TLDR: There is no collusion in arena. Only ignorance of the definition of collusion could make one say so.

Consider what you've said. Can you honestly say a private group chat on a private app that's not officially a part of this game is NOT "secret"? Do you honestly believe it makes it NOT "secret" since they aren't advertising the "not-really-existent" shard chat that they're actually in (this is actually called telling a lie, which isn't necessary for something to be a secret)?

You are trying to convince yourself and others that what you are doing is matter of course. The things is, while offline(not in game) chat is not expressly endorsed -to my knowledge- it can't be helped. Especially when we have such an appalling/rudimentary in-game chat system. But to argue it is not secret is some serious mental gymnastics you are attempting. Kudos to you!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Define collusion: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

If they were in the open saying: "We aren't cooperating!", and then doing so in secret, it would be collusion.

Cooperating is not collusion. You are misusing a term to make what is occurring seem worse than it is.

TLDR: There is no collusion in arena. Only ignorance of the definition of collusion could make one say so.

Consider what you've said. Can you honestly say a private group chat on a private app that's not officially a part of this game is NOT "secret"? Do you honestly believe it makes it NOT "secret" since they aren't advertising the "not-really-existent" shard chat that they're actually in (this is actually called telling a lie, which isn't necessary for something to be a secret)?

You are trying to convince yourself and others that what you are doing is matter of course. The things is, while offline(not in game) chat is not expressly endorsed -to my knowledge- it can't be helped. Especially when we have such an appalling/rudimentary in-game chat system. But to argue it is not secret is some serious mental gymnastics you are attempting. Kudos to you!

It's not a secret, the whole pvp and rivalery sub forum is filled with players searching other players on their leaderboard in order to coordinate pay-outs. Mind you, this is the official forum, not some secret website only insiders are aware of. Ever asked for help with arena? you'll get adviced to join a shard chat.
    I mean, even that we're having this very conversation on the official forum is proof it's not a secrtet, it's common knowledge.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Your_Father
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »

It's not a secret, the whole pvp and rivalery sub forum is filled with players searching other players on their leaderboard in order to coordinate pay-outs. Mind you, this is the official forum, not some secret website only insiders are aware of. Ever asked for help with arena? you'll get adviced to join a shard chat.
    I mean, even that we're having this very conversation on the official forum is proof it's not a secrtet, it's common knowledge.

Fair enough I did not specify what is actually secret. My mistake.

The group chats themselves are secret, and the contents of their discussions. Resulting in these trolling issues which ultimately is blacklisting players.

I wonder if I tried to have a running blacklist on this forum how long it would take to get pulled down...

Congrats on the mental gymnastics as well!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The group chats themselves are secret, and the contents of their discussions. Resulting in these trolling issues which ultimately is blacklisting players.

I wonder if I tried to have a running blacklist on this forum how long it would take to get pulled down...

probably falls under the "naming and shaming" part of the forum guide lines, wich isn't allowed. There was a thread about top20's should actively target newcomers in order to remain on top, the thread got removed and the poster banned. (probably for various reasons, not just his arena ideology though)
  • Options

probably falls under the "naming and shaming" part of the forum guide lines, wich isn't allowed. There was a thread about top20's should actively target newcomers in order to remain on top, the thread got removed and the poster banned. (probably for various reasons, not just his arena ideology though)

My point is blacklisting in an unofficial app is acceptable but on the forums it certainly is not. Likely the reasoning for this is cg/ea's lack of culpability in the matter, as long as it's happening off of endorsed ways off exploring this game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

My point is blacklisting in an unofficial app is acceptable but on the forums it certainly is not. Likely the reasoning for this is cg/ea's lack of culpability in the matter, as long as it's happening off of endorsed ways off exploring this game.

That's farfetched and you know it.
  • Options

That's farfetched and you know it.

It seems we'll have to agree to disagree. I am not sure what about that is far-fetched? Are you suggesting CG/EA will do something against these groups blacklisting other players? Not sure where you are going with this?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

It seems we'll have to agree to disagree. I am not sure what about that is far-fetched? Are you suggesting CG/EA will do something against these groups blacklisting other players? Not sure where you are going with this?
    The bolded part of your comment is farfetched.

If anything, it's because they can't stop it even if they tried. It's not in their power to monitor private chats between players. It's reasonable to assume they just don't give a fudge about collusion, naming and shaming just looks bad on an official forum, so they remove it (just like everything else that looks bad). That is assuming i'm right in the first place about it getting removed because it involves naming and shaming.
    By allowing players to find eachother on their forum they're already "endorsing/allowing" colllusion/cooperation.
  • Options
    Closing the subject, as it only serves to foster animosity.

Anyone trying to resume that discussion risks being warned and/or banned for Flaming.
This discussion has been closed.