Stardust Plans

I’m thinking about unlocking Jyn Erso, she’s been on my mind. I have enough credits to get her to level 80 and gear to level 8. I wanted her to be on my end Arena Team with CLS(L), Ahsoka Fulcrum, R2-D2, and hermit Yoda (those four characters I really like a lot) but is she worth putting in the squad? That revive can come in clutch I would think.

PS Right now I have AA(L), Princess Leia, Farmer Luke, Ahsoka Fulcrum, and Bariss Offee.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    She is a worth getting in the long run for raids because of tmr. So even if you change your mind on going for characters you like she will be worth it in the long run.

She would actually work well with raid Han and cls all three have tmr which could drive someone crazy.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If the revive is your main draw, hoth han might be a better choice. Daze on basic (great under cls lead), healing, revive, etc
  • Options
    Yea I guess I'll stick with Jyn Erso @Naraic while I'm building my empire team to get R2 and finishing my Old Ben and Storm Han to get Luke I'll slowly keep getting Jyn Erso. Captain Han has a long cooldown and Jyn's power compared to Han is better from what I was looking at. I like your input though thank you @DatBoi
    How is she as far as basic attacks and all that? Can she do damage as an attacker and survive?
  • Options
    She dies pretty quick. I Target her first since she revives. Usually it's 5 vs 4 at that point. She isn't the best on defense.
  • Options
    She’s awesome in Phase 3 of HAAT but she does need two tanks minimum to keep the focus off of her. Her zeta for her leader is criminally underrated too, especially if you pair her with Leia, Raid Han, Cassian, Old Ben, and any others that can buff and debuff
  • Options
    R1 is required for multiple battles in LSTB, and Jyn is all but required for the squad.
  • MakinATrillion
    84 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Blackbeardpepe Yea the other day I vs’d her in SA and she was so squishy

@TheycallmeWillis Honeslty yea, I want CLS to be my (L) but I was looking at Jyn’a leader abilities again and it would pair up nicely with Ahsoka Fulcrum

@DedrickRogue I didn’t know what you mean. Like Rogue One squad is used for a lot of battles?
    Post edited by MakinATrillion on
  • Options
    Yes, in Hoth-Rebel Assualt every phase has a battle that requires Rebels. R1 squad qualifies. In addition a Special Mission for Event Currency and a regular combat mission in a later phase require R1 characters specifically.
  • Options
    @DedrickRogue that’s a good tip man thanks
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Be aware that while R1 qualifies for every battle, they're only required for two special battles. Other than Baze my R1 team is in very poor shape so they can't even finish the P2 special battle. Basically I never use them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have her lvl 80, G8, 7*! I really love the actress, the character, and also the character in the game too! Really changed my Heroic Pit raid performance to a whole new level.

Truncheon Strike, when maxed out, is just crazy amazing ability.
    Plus I like her AOE ability that gives a turn to an ally who I want, and also revives a Rebel ally to full health! (When she crits 5 enemies) Advantage chance from basic is a bonus. When she crits, she can stun enemy with TS, and more importantly her potency goes up by 10%, forever stacking!

And surely she is a must for R1 mission in Lightside Territory Battles too. She is the only leader in the faction! There are Jyn, Cassian, K2-SO, Chirrut, Baze, Bodhi, Pao, Bistan, and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder.

All of them are incredibly unique and fun to play, but for the best return on investment,
    Jyn, Cassian, Chirrut, Baze, +1 should be the choice.
    For the 5th, many people go for K2-SO because of his synergy with Mr. Andor, but I honestly can't tell which is the best 5th Rogue one member.
    Bistan is also good, with his frenzy and turnmeter removal. He is also good in Tancor raid too.
    SRP seems not bad since he has AOE debuff which will have 50% chance to land an expose under Jyn lead.
    Bodhi also seems alright with offense up buff on ally and extra debuff.
    Even Pao doesn't seem bad because of his debuffs will land expose with 50% chance.

Anyway Rogue One is a fun faction, and worthwhile to invest in!
  • Options
    I skipped Chaze and went with Bistan and SRP since they have a ship.
  • Options
    I have her lvl 80, G8, 7*! I really love the actress, the character, and also the character in the game too! Really changed my Heroic Pit raid performance to a whole new level.

Plus I like her AOE ability that gives a turn to an ally who I want, and also revives a Rebel ally to full health! (When she crits 5 enemies) Advantage chance from basic is a bonus. When she crits, she can stun enemy with TS, and more importantly her potency goes up by 10%, forever stacking!

And surely she is a must for R1 mission in Lightside Territory Battles too. She is the only leader in the faction! There are Jyn, Cassian, K2-SO, Chirrut, Baze, Bodhi, Pao, Bistan, and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder.

All of them are incredibly unique and fun to play, but for the best return on investment,
    For the 5th, many people go for K2-SO because of his synergy with Mr. Andor, but I honestly can't tell which is the best 5th Rogue one member.
    Bistan is also good, with his frenzy and turnmeter removal. He is also good in Tancor raid too.
    SRP seems not bad since he has AOE debuff which will have 50% chance to land an expose under Jyn lead.
    Even Pao doesn't seem bad because of his debuffs will land expose with 50% chance.

So it seems the Rogue One team is mainly good for Guild battles which is actually great to know, but with your knowledge in having Jyn is she a good Squad Arena member and/or is she a better leader in Squad Arena then AA or CLS

@DedrickRogue You too, out of Jyn, AA or CLS who do you think would make a better Squad Arena Leader?
  • Options
    CLS easily. On my 2 year old server the top 50 is pretty much 75% CLS leads. All 3 are effective at different things though, so they all get used in different aspects of the game.
  • Options
    @DedrickRogue Okay I’ll consider it then, thank you. It seems like Jyn is mainly a heavy toon for guild battles. You think R2 is really good support to have with CLS as (L). I want to at least have CLS, Hermit Yoda and Ahsoka in my squad at least.
  • Options
    R2 is a great support character. What he lacks in damage he makes up for in speed and utility.
  • Options
    Better support then Jyn too I’m guessing right? Lol for my fifth squad character I wouldn’t mind having Wampa but it’s gonna take me a while to get him.
  • Options
    Probably, but Jyn is pretty amazing at what she does...TM manipulation.
  • Options
    Haha I guess I’ll just unlock and see what she can do, until I get her to 7*. These mods really come into play whenever you really know how to use them. So I’ll see
  • harryheckDAX
    208 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Got Jyn at g12 and zeta lead, no regrets whatsoever. With Leia, Cassian, and chaze makes it a fun team to play. Can get serious exposure with her lead and Cassian's specials. And Leia will feed a decent amount of protection to the entire team. Swapping out baze with Scarrif or K-2 is just as viable. My Baze is poo, so I've been using them way more than baze.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

So it seems the Rogue One team is mainly good for Guild battles which is actually great to know, but with your knowledge in having Jyn is she a good Squad Arena member and/or is she a better leader in Squad Arena then AA or CLS

@DedrickRogue You too, out of Jyn, AA or CLS who do you think would make a better Squad Arena Leader?

If you're going for Hermit Yoda as well, then AA lead with CLS and HY is way better than a plain old CLS lead. CLS gets called all the time because of the AA lead, and then with the grandmaster's training all assist dealie, CLS just attacks relentlessly.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @MakinATrillion
    Best leader really depends on who the other 4 teammates are ;)
    If you are gonna use Cassian, then Jyn is best.
    If you use R2 and Han Solo, the CLS lead.
    If you use Hermit Yoda and CLS, then Ackbar lead.
    If you use Biggs, then Wedge lead.

Jyn as squad member is not that good in squad arena. The expose and potency bonus really helps the R1 team to do well in arena.

I would go for Ackbar lead Hermit Yoda CLS General Kenobi, and Thrawn team.
    The key is just making CLS to assist a lot. So Jyn will have no place in this team.

or CLS lead Han Solo R2 Thrawn General Kenobi.
    Jyn has no place here too because her basic is very weak, and her counterattack won't do much. Revive is not a key factor in squad arena, it's just a clutch. Because revive characters quickly die again.

or you could use Jyn Cassian Chirrut Baze Old Ben team.
    Old Ben really rocks under Jyn lead, as far as I have observed. His mindtrick will inflict a lot of expose, without triggering any sort of counter attacks, and Cassian can copy all the expose onto one target enemy.
  • Options
    @harryheckDAX have you been using her with Squad Arena if so do you mind sharing your rank? Basically has she been serving you well in SA

@Woodroward That’s what I was thinking the whole time! That AA (L) with HY is just over kill with CLS but it’s like that revive from Jyn can come in so handy especially if you revive CLS like come on haha that’s awesome. Cause I really want to implement Ahsoka cause to me she’s pretty underrated. Buffs equal healing then there’s turn meter gain and 40% protection.

@Anakin_Skywalker You speak wisdom I like I you say it depends on your choice of (L) for your other 4 characters. Lol I love the movie rogue one too I’m on the same boat as what you said in your first reply. From what I’ve seen in the Squad Arena tank in the past couple of months (August 2017) everyone uses CLS, GK, Thrawn, Darth Nihlius and Bariss offee with a new of Hermit Yoda. For me I wanted to try to become leader with as minimum of those characters as possible, you know?
  • harryheckDAX
    208 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @MakinATrillion I can't play the sniping game due to work. Will loose my job if I fiddle with my phone during work hours. So my rank is never good, but her zeta lead made me handle GW before they eased up on the dificulty(didn't have le resistance then). She's very good in TB, worth it if you wanna help your guild out ;)
    Post edited by harryheckDAX on
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jyn is a good toon, but is a little outclassed by the current meta. And trust me, I ran my g11 double zeta Jyn for as long as I could.

She is still a great lead for TW and lightside TB, so if you're going to get her, I would do it for those reasons.

Yes she is good in raids, but if you already have CLS, you don't really need her. It depends on how long your guild takes to do HAAT and if you still need to send in multiple teams. If you don't have JTR, CLS lead, Jyn, R2, Thrawn, Pathfinder was doing 5.5 million in p3 of HAAT for me, though you could easily throw Raid Han in there.

In the team you list above, she is likely to die first, so the revive won't do you much good. In theory, a Hermit Yoda team should prevent the need for revives, so her role would be more for the stun and granting tm. With R2 and CLS, the triple stun can be fun.

For an attacker, she has low damage. About 4-6,000 on basic, 9-10,000 on Truncheon Strike.

Again, I'm glad I have her for TW and TB. But at this point in the game, I wouldn't farm her for arena, and maybe not even for raids if you have CLS.
  • Options
    @harryheckDAX Lol i like that, Now I'm 9 shards till unlocking her. I can't imagine how useful she's going to be in GW and yea lol she would be useful in TB and for the guild in general lol thanks

@crzydroid Your point of view is compelling. I guess I won't farm her for arena, but just to unlock and have her a high of power to damage for needed battles like GW and Guild battles. The HY is a good put, and you're right about the Squad Arena, how they would go for her first because I pretty use that same method taking to account on the other toons. Thanks!
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'll say this. Jyn is top 100-50 arena viable. She is a great character in that sense. If you don't feel like climbing higher than 100-50. She will most certainly get outclasses in top 50.