The classic "which zeta" post!

Coming up on my next zeta. Looking for some insight into which would be best.
My current arena team and their zeta's:
CLS lead (IBAT)
R2D2 (NC)
Thrawn
Raid Han (Shoots First)
Old Ben (Devoted Protector)

I am loving this team. Old ben has so much defence from Luke's lead along with 47% armor after mods that he takes forever to kill. His zeta is also insanely underrated. I am not having a lot of trouble on offence, I crush CLS teams and 95% of the RJT teams on my shard. I am looking for the zeta to best increase my teams defensive power.

The three zeta's in question:

R2's Combat Anaysis.
CLS's Lead Rebel Manuevers
CLS's unique Learn Control

I do run a mainly rebel team so the leader is nice. But the Rex days are gone and tenacity up doesn't really apply anymore. Combat analysis seems like the right choice, but I love the sounds of learn control.

HELP ME DECIDE TO MAKE MY TEAM A DEFENSIVE POWERHOUSE!

Replies

• Options
    R2
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    R2 Combat Analysis is awesome. And it works for any LS team. Useful in arena, TW and TB across multiple strategies.
  • Options
    I run the same team in arena too although a lot less zetas, between old ben and cls who has a better zeta?
  • Options
    You're darn tootin' Devoted Protector is under-rated. Nothing more frustrating to see on offense than breaking someone's taunt only to find it back up immediately.

Combat Analysis is probably your best bet. The counterattacks Luke's leader ability gives will crit from time to time and cleanse the counterattacker when it's not their turn.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'm gonna go off topic and say Thrawn's Ebb and Flow.
  • Options
    Interesting that no one says learn control. It sounds so good. CLS would be virtually unkillable. But combat analysis would let countering cleanse the exposes from the RJT teams. Which sounds great to me. I'm still open to suggestions though
  • Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    Interesting that no one says learn control. It sounds so good. CLS would be virtually unkillable. But combat analysis would let countering cleanse the exposes from the RJT teams. Which sounds great to me. I'm still open to suggestions though

Learn Control is really good, though it doesn't make him unkillable....just really hard to debuff. It's so good that I almost never use Call to Action unless it's in raids, or he needs the health/protection.

It's just that Ebb and Flow is better.

PS Combat Analysis is pretty mediocre outside of a select few situations, and pretty much requires CLS lead for any milage out of it.
  • Options
    It's also +50% crit avoidance which is nice. My CLS has 64k h&p so it would make him really tough to bring down
  • Options
    Ehh, it's a bonus but not the selling point.

Mine has 80k combined. With his health/protection regen CLS doesn't get killed because he he catches a few more or less crits, especially since no one wants to beat on him with the constant counters; he gets killed when he uses Call to Action and loses the tenacity so he gets stunned/dazed.