Guild (raid) expectations

Wimma
152 posts Member
Hi, fairly new to guilds, just trying to understand what to expect.
I'm a casual, but fairly active, F2P player, getting close to L80. Definitely not hardcore competitive, just enjoy the game.
Found my first guild maybe a month ago, and they did run some T4 raids (for under 80) and T6 (open) then, but lately it's just been open T5 & T6, with the L85 players smashing them quickly and taking all the rewards. Expecting this to be the new norm, so I'll struggle to progress.
Just wanted to know how things usually run? Is this fairly standard?
Thanks for any help.

Replies

• Options
    Message me on Discord and we can talk

Chrome Cobra#6892
  • frtpskn
    1026 posts Member
    Options
    normal if you have a level 85 players in your guild you need to open higher tier rancor or tank because the gear they need is only drop from t5-t7, other wise you will lose your level 85 players
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options

Chrome Cobra#6892

Thanks, I'll get discord installed tomorrow and ping you.
    Be good to understand more.
    Cheers.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options

Chrome Cobra#6892

Have tried to - Wimma#4304 - still setting up discord though.
    Cheers.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    The normal in a small guild is to run heroic rancour and normal tank raids ideally every two days for rancour and three for the tank.

There is usually rules to ensure that everyone gets to post a score (even if only zero) so that everyone gets some rewards.

I'm in a guild that has first 24 hours in rancour no one does over a million points damage. This lets the big guys lock up top rank while everyone else fights for rank 4-50.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds reasonable. I'd be happier with some defined, or at least consistent, starting times for raids.
    1am starts don't help most of us, so have to play catch up.
    Nor do random mid afternoon T5 raids that the 85 who started it clears the first phase in 10 or 15 mins :\
    Doesn't help the lower level players much.
  • Options
    I don't understand why all guilds don't follow the 24 hour no damage rule for rancor, it really helps the entire guild. Those who are too low to do any effective damage still gain benefits, and those who are more than capable still receive the same rewards. If you're looking for a guild with more equitable raid policies, check your PMs
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    if they go and kill straight after they launch it, leave, leaders dont care about people, they just want best rewards. Any decent guild does 24 hours 0 dmg, its means that you send 1 crap toon that dies instantly and you wont do any dmg, this way you register for rewards and even if you want be able to do any dmg, you get some rewards.

I would recommend to check this forum, there is a plenty of new and casual guilds that will take any active player. Just be sure their raid times will be good for you.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, I was wondering how the zero damage thing worked! Thanks.
    I will keep an eye out, as currently feels like I'm just collecting raid points for the 85s to plunder more rewards.
    Maybe straight after this current TB finishes.
    Timezones are a pain when you're down under (GMT+11), but with some of the guild members over in the west, fair few raids have kicked off at 1am for me anyway, which isn't perfect. Think that will always be a challenge.
    Cheers.
  • goat13
    246 posts Member
    Options
    There’s a fair bit of Australian guild oot there. Some bigger alliances as well. Cobras a good person to talk to. He’s well connected, he’ll find you something.
  • Options
    Amazing Opportunity in a successful alliance!

Cөmpany Alliance is recruiting for our third and final Guild
    - GhөstCөmpany -
    The only requirement is to join our discord server and be one with the family.

ShadөwCөmpany is fully heroic 50/50
    CantinaCөmpany is almost Haat ready and also 50/50
    GhөstCөmpany is being lead by the creator of our awesome alliance and is welcoming all levels to join in on the fun.

If you're looking for a fresh experience and golden opportunity to raid non stop and grow quickly, this is the place for you.. all you need to do is click this link
    https://discord.gg/FtfGh5V