BB8 Secret Intel

Prev1
I’m confused as to how it works. The way it’s worded it sounds as if BB8 doesn’t have to give it to anyone, allies just randomly get it every turn. That seems WAY too OP since Illuminated Destiny’s cooldown gets reduced constantly too.

Replies

• John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bb8 gives it out but allies can give it to each other too when they do a special themselves.

If the devs want to tone it down a bit they can make it that only bb8 can apply secret Intel on others
  • Options
    Umm am I missing something? This is literally the whole point of bb8. I never seen anyone say BB8 is OP yet.
  • Options
    The cooldown is huge so its not OP, if someone has Special Intel and they use a special, it spreads the buff.
  • Options
    It is always the same... BB-8 has been around for months now. He is really really strong in raids, but has not been arena viable for a very long time. Now he synergizes with Rey and everyone wants him to be nerfed.

Rey makes him viable. And since his ultimate finishes the match it looks like him being op, but he is not.
  • Options
    It is always the same... BB-8 has been around for months now. He is really really strong in raids, but has not been arena viable for a very long time. Now he synergizes with Rey and everyone wants him to be nerfed.

Rey makes him viable. And since his ultimate finishes the match it looks like him being op, but he is not.

This! In most of my arena fights Illuminated Destiny does not go out and if so the DPS toons are already down. In some cases the fireworks are applied and I lose the match. Nothing OP about that imho.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Others can only spread intel after bb8 has given an ally intel. No intel, no spreading, no cooldown, no illuminated destiny, no TM for 2ey.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

It doesn't end the match... It speeds them up... Which can also speed up their demise.
  • Options
    Ok.. you are right. But in my experience the game is almost ever over, if bb8 goes off.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

It doesn't end the match... It speeds them up... Which can also speed up their demise.

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

What?

If the have Plague, they'll pass it on to each other faster. ;)
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Ha, well, you can't win a match if you don't ever take a turn...unless we're talking about two NS teams facing each other. Slowest team wins!
  • Options
    @NoobSaibot12321 I’d say BB8, especially with his zeta, is pretty OP. He feeds tm to rey and r2 and once ID comes up, it’s game over.
  • Options
    I’m confused as to how it works. The way it’s worded it sounds as if BB8 doesn’t have to give it to anyone, allies just randomly get it every turn. That seems WAY too OP since Illuminated Destiny’s cooldown gets reduced constantly too.

That's why the cooldown is 70 turns. That's not an arbitrary number they pulled out of a hat, they had a "real" cooldown in mind (4-5 turns) and then had to go back and calibrate the actual cooldown around Resistance's and Droids' abilities.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Umm am I missing something? This is literally the whole point of bb8. I never seen anyone say BB8 is OP yet.

You never saw anyone soloing multiple phases of heroic aat until BB-8 came along. He wasn't used much in arena until JTR came along because his kit was a little complicated, but now he's showing up in pretty much any JTR team.

You could definately make some arguments that his kit is a little overtuned
  • Options
    Ha, well, you can't win a match if you don't ever take a turn...unless we're talking about two NS teams facing each other. Slowest team wins!

I had a match where everyone was alive and then after Bb8 special they went so many times that 4 of their squad died from plague... Then I got to go again... One of the most hilarious wins I've ever had. I don't run a NS squad... Just Mt.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

That's why the cooldown is 70 turns. That's not an arbitrary number they pulled out of a hat, they had a "real" cooldown in mind (4-5 turns) and then had to go back and calibrate the actual cooldown around Resistance's and Droids' abilities.

I faced a zFinn team (no RJT) with R2 and BB8. I never got to attack. I run a CLS team with a fast Leia and R2. They went first, but I did get to stealth Leia and Smoke Screen with R2. At about the point it was “Illuminated Destiny! Illuminated Destiny! Illuminated Destiny!“ BB8 used it SEVERAL times in a row. I was wiped without a chance. 70 cooldown is a joke.
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

You never saw anyone soloing multiple phases of heroic aat until BB-8 came along. He wasn't used much in arena until JTR came along because his kit was a little complicated, but now he's showing up in pretty much any JTR team.

You could definately make some arguments that his kit is a little overtuned

Whats wrong with that? Now every guild and there mother can do Haat, I only see this as a good thing. As far as bb8 being included in JTR teams, NO DUH lol. JTR was made to be used with bb8.
  • dunmer
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Sawyerstooth Several times in a row? BB8 popped ID every turn he got for several turns?
  • Sawyerstooth
    341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    dunmer wrote: »
    @Sawyerstooth Several times in a row? BB8 popped ID every turn he got for several turns?

He did it 3 times. Maybe not EXACTLY back to back, but definitely close enough that a “70 cooldown” did not reset. Probably would’ve continued but my team was dead by then. And, I’m not attacking the entire time. Just watching my team get wrecked. It was infuriating.
  • Options
    I’ve had a couple matches where something like this occurred....bb8 doesn’t even finish his full Id animation, truth be told I don’t even think it’s his turn, but they all go so fast I can’t be sure, and all of a sudden I have 3 toons exposes.

I know it’s not their R2 burn. I win anyways cause I run Talzin, but rey/bb8 is big time bugged. Had shardmates remove all mods so base rey speed and they beat full modded rey at over 240 speed off the line. Big Time tm issues for Rey at the moment. She is a big money toon so I doubt it gets fixed because it is VERY advantageous for rey squads on offense. It doesn’t matter on speeds your squad goes first.
  • Options
    I think bb8 needs good gear and mods to work... he needs to be fast to make his kit work. Whilst nightsisters that are under geared (below g11/g10) and under modded (+100 speed accross all 5 toons) can take down a fully geared fully zetad super fast rey r/ / bb8 squad.... in my opinion the team that is broken is nightsisters...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    dunmer wrote: »

He did it 3 times. Maybe not EXACTLY back to back, but definitely close enough that a “70 cooldown” did not reset. Probably would’ve continued but my team was dead by then. And, I’m not attacking the entire time. Just watching my team get wrecked. It was infuriating.

with finn lead his cooldown can reduce at a rapid pace. With the TM gain (35% on hiting an expose and RT 55% whenever someone gets exposed) and the TM reduction (poe's taunt) it's entirely possible that you won't get a turn. Even without bb8 finn lead resistance could finish an entire GW without getting hit (back when it was still difficult).
    Luckely AI blows and they won't target exposes, so it doesn't happen very often that the expose train wrecks you while you're on offence.
  • Options
    @leef May I ask a question?
    Does it help in any ways to use 'BB8's 0 cd special', when all allies already have the intel buff? Or is it just a silly move by AI?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef May I ask a question?
    Does it help in any ways to use 'BB8's 0 cd special', when all allies already have the intel buff? Or is it just a silly move by AI?

I believe it still grants jrey 8% TM. Not entirely sure about that though. Other than that i don't think it serves any purpose.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    leef May I ask a question?

I believe it still grants jrey 8% TM. Not entirely sure about that though. Other than that i don't think it serves any purpose.

16% tm to Rey, bb8 gains 40% tm immediately so he goes faster and the cooldown of illuminated destiny is reduced when he uses secret intel
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    "when another Resistance ally gains Secret Intel, Rey gains 8% Turn Meter."

I'm not sure that counts if they already have it. Wording would indicate no but it may not be worded well.

Also if you have JTR's lead zeta'd:

"When a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, all Exposed enemies lose 5% Turn Meter, which can't be Evaded or Resisted; When a Resistance ally uses a Special ability, if they aren't debuffed, reduce their Cooldowns by 1"

So you can drop every exposed enemy's TM by 5% each time you use it.
    Post edited by TVF on
  • Options

I'm not sure that counts if they already have it. Wording would indicate no but it may not be worded properly.

Its sort of the same thing with biggs ship, when an enemy becomes target locked taunt and recover protection. That happens even if the enemy ship was already target locked to begin with.
  • Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »

I'm not sure that counts if they already have it. Wording would indicate no but it may not be worded properly.

Its sort of the same thing with biggs ship, when an enemy becomes target locked taunt and recover protection. That happens even if the enemy ship was already target locked to begin with.

^This.

When BB8 uses secret intel, he grants it to a random ally that doesn't have it. And then reduces his cooldowns for every ally with SI. If they all have it already, he re-grants it to someone randomly (prompting the turn meter gain for RJT and BB8), reduces his own cooldowns by 1 due to Rey's leadership (if he is not debuffed) and then further decreases his cooldowns by 1 for each ally with SI due to using a special ability while having secret intel himself.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i forgot about the CD reduction from jrey's lead and the TMR on exposed enemies.
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    PiffGuru wrote: »

... and then further decreases his cooldowns by 1 for each ally with SI due to using a special ability while having secret intel himself.

I believe that isn't true.
    BB-8 and a random ally who doesn't have it gain the Secret Intel unique buff for 3 turns. Then, BB-8 gains 8% Turn Meter for each ally with Secret Intel. If all active allies are Droids, BB-8 gains Taunt for 1 turn. Secret Intel: +25% Potency and when another ally uses a Special ability they gain Secret Intel for 3 turns, then the cooldown of Illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel.
    The bolded part specifically states another ally.
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    To be honest, you might be right, but I can tell you from personal experience that ID cooldown decreases around 8-10 between each of BB8's turns once the whole team has the SI buff.

Could also be that the portion you bolded is only referring to the text up to the comma.