KRU under Rey meta?

Ploosh
565 posts Member
Was wondering if anybody has tried to run the Rey team (Rey, BB8, R2, GK) with KRU as the fifth? Right now I’ve just got my CLS in there, which is okay. Considered raid Han, as he’s one of my other few g12 toons, but feel like he’d die too fast (CLS basically serves as my second tank with learn control zeta, I target him with R2s special, and he counters and can hardly be debuffed).

I know others have Old Ben or SRey as their 5th and that works well, but don’t really want to take either from g10 to g12.

Thought with KRUs taunting he might be a good second tank, esp on defense, to keep BB8 and Rey alive? But my KRU is not even near usable, so was wondering if anybody has tried this comp yet, and how it runs.

Replies

• Spirit_of_Exar_Kun
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I dont use KRU with a JTR team but i use him on my cls team. 4* g11, kinda hits like a wet noodle, but he sure soaks up the damage quite nicely. Plus 2 turn stun and tenavity down on basic, i give him two thumbs up :)
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta Paploo is what you want...
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ive seen Old Ben as a fifth thats worked well, also seen ReyScav as a fifth that does good.

Imo Old Ben abilities reflect BaeRey's abilities quite nicely
  • Options
    Old Rey and obwk work well. GK can.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »

You being serious? Just looked at his kit and that actually seems like it would be really really good with this team. Multiple ways to gain taunt, esp whenever R2 would use smokscreen, and decent health regen. He doesn’t die to quickly at g12?
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I used ZKRU (unique for taunt) as a sub for GK with ZZJTR ZBB8 ZZR2 ZZZCLS ... no dice.

On offense it's fine, but on D my shardmates say it's easier to deal with than GK, even with fast mods.

Edit: As a second tank in place of CLS, it also wasn't that useful, since he doesn't hit very hard.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

You being serious? Just looked at his kit and that actually seems like it would be really really good with this team. Multiple ways to gain taunt, esp whenever R2 would use smokscreen, and decent health regen. He doesn’t die to quickly at g12?

I didn’t invest in the vets enough so I don’t have JTR yet...
    ...but I have been playing around with Paploo lately and he’s a very solid tank... I think he would do really well in that team with his kit and all the prot/ hp regen from all the buffs. The dispel on his basic attack is nice, plus he has a single target cleanse and would be able to keep taunt up often (and quickly) with R2 in the team