Veteran Smuggler Chewie SPOILER

snarzenal
316 posts Member
edited January 2018
Should he have a rebel and resistance tag?
Post edited by snarzenal on

Replies

• Options
    Rebel? Definitely not. This Chewie is post Death star 2, possibly post Life Debt ( I think thats the book where he and han go to Kashyyk).

Resistance? Probably should, but they would get a lot of questions for not giving Old Man Han a resistance tag, and he definitely does not deserve it.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sure. Rebel tags for everyone!!!
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I only wonder due to chewie surviving ep vii and going with rey and R2 (both resistance) to get luke, then helping them escape kylo ren...the only resistance members left are aboard the falcon (chewie piloting) and he will definitely be helping during the next movie so...shouldn’t he have a resistance tag at the very least?
    Post edited by snarzenal on
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The case could easily be made for Old man Han being resistance due to him being at the meeting to destroy starkiller base. Especially since STHan is rebel.

• Options
    Old Man Han purposefully removed himself from the resistance. In TFA he hadn't seen Leia for years and the only event he even participated with the resistance was the Starkiller base, and that would be his only mission.

Chewie at least in some variety has participated with the resistance for more than one mission (Crait was his 2nd I think.)
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If STHan is a rebel, Oldman Han should be Resistance. Standing on SK base he said, “we cant leave. Those are my friends, my friend has a bag of explosives, lets use em!”.

I would say Crait was chewie’s third mission. Destroy SKBase, find luke, and rescue leia.
    He should definitely be Resistance.
  • Options
    Yes and yes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Chewie should be tagged like R2.

Han should stay as he is.
    IMHO.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Chewie should be tagged like R2.

Agreed. A little love for Chewie, who’s gotta be one of the more heroic heroes of the saga by now, would be nice. His toons are such a disappointment compared to his role in canon and simply changing his tags so he can get some synergy could make him the utility piece he should be.

• Options
    Well, for me they are first and foremost smugglers.
    Yet, in the original trilogy as well as the new trilogy, they played the unwilling heroes, fighting not for heroism, a greater cause or glory, but for their friends.
    Even if they are not part of the rebels or part of the resistance, they should have synergy with their friends.
    Luke, Rey, Leia, etc...
    (You could also circumvent the Tag issue that way)