FO Time? Has Their Time Finally Came?

AndySCovell
770 posts Member
edited January 2018
Are we finally going to have toons in the DS like First Order who can crush CLS/RJT Meta? Are we ever going to see DS toons start ruling the Meta?

Thrawn and maybe DN are the only DS toons we will ever see in top arenas.

I’m sure the Devs will release DS characters as that’s what they have said in the interviews. I’m not talking about just releasing some cool DS toons, but ones that are actually at the levels of R2, CLS, RJT, Raid Han, BB8, GK, Barriss. That’s what we need. Overpowered DS toons so there is a shift in the meta. Make this happen!!!

Replies

• Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    People that make these kinds of posts and don't mention Nightsisters are not paying attention.
  • Options
    Gwonk wrote: »
    People that make these kinds of posts and don't mention Nightsisters are not paying attention.

I run NS in Arena. I def pay attention. But there are multiple LS squads in Arena and nothing else. Sure. People are running NS here and there but nothing compared to LS.

Yes I have all the NS geared to 12 with all Zetas aside from Daka.
  • Options

Yes and no. Yes, they can get high in the ranks but are very easy to counter. I'd rather fight NS than CLS / Raid Han / R2 combo. Not seen much of JTR yet.
  • Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    My point is that NS was not mentioned at all in the original post. They beat CLS/New Rey teams with no trouble, so what is the point of this post if you have them already?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The devs recently said with ns and jtr the idea was to make them strong but not overpoweringly so that it will introduce more varieties in the meta and maybe a rock paper scissors feeling with multiple teams in the meta that each struggle with different opposition's so that there is no team that will rule them all.

After all there are meta teams that struggle with ns but ns loses in 30nseconds to troopers on auto.

This is a great aspiration and would be really helped with by a couple of strong sith/empire characters being reworked and a top tier fo squad.

It is important to note that thrawn and Nihilus are used now because they are so good that they don't need synergy. A Vader or Palpatine rework to give a top tier leader that can use both and you are very close to a sith/empire combined team that can challenge the meta.
  • Options

Also NS have to be in their synergy unit or they are in trouble. The toons I mentioned above can be thrown in almost any team and make it work. We need toons in DS like Thrawn that can work in multiple team set ups. We need FO, Empire, Genosians, Bounty Hunters that can work outside their factions more as well. Before you mention Boba Fett, he can but I don’t see him in Arena anymore. Why? Because Raid Han, CLS, R2 or much better.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    The devs recently said with ns and jtr the idea was to make them strong but not overpoweringly so that it will introduce more varieties in the meta and maybe a rock paper scissors feeling with multiple teams in the meta that each struggle with different opposition's so that there is no team that will rule them all.

After all there are meta teams that struggle with ns but ns loses in 30nseconds to troopers on auto.

This is a great aspiration and would be really helped with by a couple of strong sith/empire characters being reworked and a top tier fo squad.

It is important to note that thrawn and Nihilus are used now because they are so good that they don't need synergy. A Vader or Palpatine rework to give a top tier leader that can use both and you are very close to a sith/empire combined team that can challenge the meta.

Yep. And FO under KRU is good and the leader ability is good, but these TM gain teams along with huge DPS can’t keep up the health and protection gain and the squad is overran quickly. Like Rey and BB8 are a thing Kylo needs that toon that can act as a 1-2 punch.

Biggs and wedge
    Rey and BB8
    Chaze
    CLS and R2
    GK/Zarriss

Maybe one DS Krennic/DT. That’s it.
  • Options
    My point is that NS was not mentioned at all in the original post. They beat CLS/New Rey teams with no trouble, so what is the point of this post if you have them already?

1 specific 5 toons Squad for NS isn’t the solution to the CLS/Rey Meta. It’s still here. Also I posted because we need more DS and I wanted. You however can hop of this post if this is too much for you to take in.
  • Options

1 specific 5 toons Squad for NS isn’t the solution to the CLS/Rey Meta. It’s still here. Also I posted because we need more DS and I wanted. You however can hop of this post if this is too much for you to take in.

Agree. The LS benefits from some all out excellent characters. Raid Han' s guarantee to go first, stun and hit like a truck is hard to counter. Where is the DS answer to R2 for example? GK is the game's standout tank. Barriss a hugely annoying healer and cleanser. We had Chaze as a long running meta. Rex can still be run as a viable leader.

CLS is the best character in the game.

There's only Thrawn and DN that are excellent standalone characters for the DS.

• Gwonk
    239 posts Member
    Options
    "I want more than 1 solution that I already have to this problem!"
    Yes, too much for me to take in for sure.
    Other people have already mentioned that the current meta is the most healthy/diverse it has been in a long time. Whining about "CLS/RJT are horrible and I hate them." just makes you look immature.
  • Options
    All you really have to do is play a LS TB and then a DS TB to know just how behind most of the DS characters are.
  • Options
    Well, there are more LS Toons Arenaready. But when you look at Ship Arena, there are more DS Ships Arenaready.

So just looking are squad Arena is a Little bit unfair...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Also NS have to be in their synergy unit or they are in trouble. The toons I mentioned above can be thrown in almost any team and make it work. We need toons in DS like Thrawn that can work in multiple team set ups. We need FO, Empire, Genosians, Bounty Hunters that can work outside their factions more as well.

That's exactly what INRAJ said they want to move away from. When you have a bunch of plug and play characters that can work with anybody, people take the best 5 of them and throw them together and it results in everybody running the same thing. In order to increase diversity in arena, he said they are trying to make teams that are really good as a group but do not have individual OP plug and play characters.
  • Options
    Except there are no crystals from ships arena unless you rank in the top 20. So not really comparing like with like. However, I do agree DS is stronger for ships.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    ..so the guy who has spent like every zeta possible on FO cuz he thought they would become meta but didn't is begging for them to become meta?? trolololol. with your roster, surely you can crack top5 if you tried?
    I am the Tard of Tards