Various Bugs to moan about & Information help for EA/Game Dev's

I feel I need to raise these points as I find at time this game most frustrating, I admit that it's possible these are just the game mechanics and how it's designed to work, but to me it seems like these are easy fixes. So haters go hate elsewhere
First up Ships,
how is that the AI controlled team capital ships seems to rotate turns faster than user controlled ships. For one turn of a capitol ship in most battles the AI has 2 turns to my one, usually brought on when I have of beating the AI.
Call for reinforcements ability. I've lost count of the amount of times the AI ships call in reinforcements one after another. Total best so far is 3 back to back reinforcements.
Tie fighter dodge, why does AI controlled tie fighters dodge upwards of 60/70% of hits. My tie fighters rarely dodge a thing.

Various events: I cannot be bothered to list them all as there is a new one each month it seems, but I'll list a few
Heroic & Mythic events, how about you give the players more than 24hrs notice before starting events, esp if said event requires 3, 4, 5 characters at Seven stars.
New events, is so difficult to put in the newsletter what is actually required for events. The latest Drathmore event, why not tell us in advance you'll need five star or high characters to participate.
Guild Territory Battles, can you not get the balance right? It started too hard& then went way to easy and it now back to silly hard. I have entire Zeta teams that cannot get past round 5 on some of the later battles, and special bonus (collect shard battles) well the fact I haven't seen a commander Leia since you moved the idea, hopefully means I'm not alone.

Next up Arena, how do teams with a lower speed rating than mine get to go first on some occasions, I confess to being sad & selecting opponents that I should be able to beat, higher power, better meta team, stronger more powerful teams.

MODs a simple one, a specific mod like Speed as an example should have a primary or secondary focus on Speed the clue is in the name SPEED MOD but I have countless speed mods that actually have no baseline or increased speed ability on them, what's the freaking point of that. I may want a speed mod to increase a slow TM character and so head off to get a speed mod, only find that it actually has no added speed, share with me the disappointment you get when you get a tier A 5* mod for speed and it has no speed on it. Surely this is a fixable thing?

Lastly Gear drops, I guess it's no surprise that gear drops seem to have decreased in the various shops (in game) over the last few game updates, MK III holodiscs
Seem to appear once twice a week for me, which makes farming these (which it seems nearly every character requires) take an age, I think I gave an estimate of around 40/50 I need just to level up 15 characters, of course I could buy shards, or equipment packs that may or may not contain the specific gear I need or salivate but when it take 20 or 50 to create one and those bits of gear can only be gained from raids a very long task in.

Now I know that the answer to nearly all these questions is IN GAME PURCHASES or more to the point to increase "in game purchases" but a lot of people are free to play (FTP) which means they don't or cannot spend a huge amount of real world money. Don't get me wrong on the odd occasion I have opted to purchase packs, as long as the cost does not outweigh the value.
And just as a reference I have been playing this game since it's release everyday (which a little sad, I know) and I'm rewards by seeing a team mate or opponent with a few months under the belt, with gear 12 seven star toons because they were happy to spend a mid sized car's cost to buy everything they want. That's hardly a reward to those of us that have been playing and supporting the game and telling people about it is it really.

As I said I know the biggest factor is making money, money to go into developement of the game and new features (I could do another section on new features, but every gamer understands new features being introduced while old bugs are still presents) is what keeps this industry alive Ha Ha . But surely some of the points above could be looked at and work upon before new features are rolled out.

So haters feel free to hate, anybody else post away.

Replies

• TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    If a post makes zero sense to me does that mean I'm a hater?

'Cause this makes no sense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @TVF not sure how it makes no make no sense, perhaps I posted in the wrong section, but this was a simple list of observations that I have made with a little bit of ranting chucked in for good measure.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'll admit I tend not to read walls of text, but I skimmed the first few points and I think the first is just misunderstanding of game mechanics and I don't believe the second. Videos would help.

EDIT: Reading a bit more, you need to do some research. Arena speed is affected by abilities in some cases so it depends who you are facing and what their abilities/synergy is. Mods you definitely need to read up on to learn how they work. Basically, you're not complaining about bugs, you're complaining about things you don't realize are WAI.

EDIT2: You've been playing every day since launch but you don't understand mods?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    This is probably a waste of time but...

how is that the AI controlled team capital ships seems to rotate turns faster than user controlled ships. For one turn of a capitol ship in most battles the AI has 2 turns to my one, usually brought on when I have of beating the AI.

There are a number of abilities that affect this. If the other team's TFP ship is dodging a lot (as you complain about in the next post) it's giving the opposing capital ship TM. Reaper can remove TM from your capital ship.

Heroic & Mythic events, how about you give the players more than 24hrs notice before starting events, esp if said event requires 3, 4, 5 characters at Seven stars.

We always have more than 24 hours notice for new events. Returning events, you are expected to already know the requirements for.

Next up Arena, how do teams with a lower speed rating than mine get to go first on some occasions, I confess to being sad & selecting opponents that I should be able to beat, higher power, better meta team, stronger more powerful teams.

It's called turn meter manipulation, and it's something you really want to learn to understand.

New events, is so difficult to put in the newsletter what is actually required for events. The latest Drathmore event, why not tell us in advance you'll need five star or high characters to participate.

This is not a new event. The requirements have been known since it first appeared 3 months ago. If you weren't aware of them you could have looked it up or asked.

MODs a simple one, a specific mod like Speed as an example should have a primary or secondary focus on Speed the clue is in the name SPEED MOD but I have countless speed mods that actually have no baseline or increased speed ability on them, what's the freaking point of that.

The set bonus is independent of the secondaries. Put 4 speed mods together on one character and you will get a set bonus increasing his speed.

Lastly Gear drops, I guess it's no surprise that gear drops seem to have decreased in the various shops (in game) over the last few game updates, MK III holodiscs

These are far more accessible in more places than they used to be.

And just as a reference I have been playing this game since it's release everyday (which a little sad, I know) and I'm rewards by seeing a team mate or opponent with a few months under the belt, with gear 12 seven star toons because they were happy to spend a mid sized car's cost to buy everything they want.

If you've been playing everyday since launch, you could easily have multiple g12 7* characters without having spent a penny.
  • Options
    @Liath & @TVF thank you both your replies, as I admitted it may be my lack of bothering to read up on some modes & features that is holding me back. Thank you both for taking the time to respond and give informative help. I don't have time to read a lot of the forums and watch countless video but perhaps I should take time to do so.