Need some help here!

TheQwe
27 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hello guys,

I have been playing this game for a few months ago more or less without reading any type of guide but now I need some advice about what directions should I take, I mean which arena team as well as for GW should I make with the characters I have and also what pjs should I farm in order to improve my perfomance. My current squad for arena and GW is Boba (L), Lando, AA, Luminara and Biggs but I read that phoenix squad is good at this level but decay 70+ that is why I am farming them right now. My goals are to be at some point competitive in arena and be useful for my guild when doing raids. I am getting some nice armor through the rancor raid (the only i am available to do yet).

Constructive comments are always welcome :smiley: here I let you my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/theqwe/
Post edited by TheQwe on

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    How seriously do you or do you want to play? For a month in, you are probably pretty far behind your shard already. For your current team, what you really want is to get Wedge - how close are you to being able to farm him? You also need a tank. Stormtrooper Han is a good choice for a rebel team early on. He will also help you out because you need more scoundrels. Being able to do the highest level of credit heists you qualify for is essential.
  • Options
    Im level 62 and wedge is in the 6-X cantina I dont remember exactly which you unlock in lvl 69 but yeah I Will farm him as soon as i can. Moreover, im about 10 shards to unlock STH, should I get It and then continue with Phoenix Squad? From now, my plan is as I said before try to be competitive in arena (not now but in a future with a huge grind if needed) and try to do heroic raids with my guildies and for this I know that I need a better squad with maybe 1-2 replaces and ofc all of them good geared but dont know where to start.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, unlock Stormtrooper Han and replace Lumi with him in your arena team as soon as you can get him geared up. I would also run Ackbar lead over Boba at that point for the speed. Lumi is helpful in GW because healing is more important there (until you get protection recovery, which is even better, such as on the Phoenix squad you are building), but healing isn't very good in arena where the key is to to do a lot of damage quickly, and healing just doesn't keep up. Stormy's turn meter manipulation is really helpful with that early on.

Also, you should have unlocked mods at level 50, but I don't see any on your characters. Is that a syncing issue or do you really not have any? Mods are extremely important if you want to be competitive.

As for raids, are you already in a guild that is doing heroic raids? If so you need to get a 7* character ASAP so that you can get rewards.
  • TheQwe
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sure then I Will unlock STH first then continue with Phoenix. I haven't mod any character yet cause I dont know if It is good to invest in 1*-2* mods because I read 4*-5* mods are the best, should I mod my chars with 1-2* and then replace those mods with the 4-5*? I have read the mods guide in swgoh.gg that is why I havent mod my chars yet, I am not sure at all and since im f2p I dont want to loose many resources.

According to raids, my guild changes between heroic and normal, they offer us rancors lvl 3-4 to those like me who are lvl 50-70 to get our heroes geared.

Thanks so much for your advices :smiley:
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    5 dot mods are definitely better, but how long is it going to be before you start getting them? In the meantime, you are going to be even farther behind the people you are competing against who are using mods. Don't level up 500 2* mods, but enough for your arena team can make a significant difference. The set bonus is the same regardless of the dots on the mods, and some of the primaries can be decent as well, especially if you can get any 3* ones. If you can get through the health mod challenge any time soon, then do that and start farming some higher ones.
  • Options
    Understood. So get STH, level and gear him, replace him for Lumi in my arena squad and mod all of them to start laddering a bit better. I will also level up to 7* any character so I can get the reward from heroic raid aswell.

Thanks again for all the info mate :smile:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    TheQwe wrote: »
    Understood. So get STH, level and gear him, replace him for Lumi in my arena squad and mod all of them to start laddering a bit better. I will also level up to 7* any character so I can get the reward from heroic raid aswell.

Thanks again for all the info mate :smile:

To do tier iii health mod challenges and get 5 dot mods all you need is any five five star characters. You can push boba and lando to 5 star (it won't be wasted 5hose two will carry you in credit heist) then invest in mods.
  • Options
    Sure and by the way, do you consider guys that im doing right farming phoenix squad or should I focus anything else before them? I know they are good for EP and Thrawn event but I feel like as level 62, they won´t be more useful for me except for those two events.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Sure and by the way, do you consider guys that im doing right farming phoenix squad or should I focus anything else before them? I know they are good for EP and Thrawn event but I feel like as level 62, they won´t be more useful for me except for those two events.

I'm not sure. How is galactic war treating you. Phoenix is pretty much easy mode for galactic war. By the way you know you can use rebels for Palpatine. Phoenix are two for one in that they are rebels but you have a few rebels already.

Sometimes a bad plan executed with single minded vision and focus is better than a good plan executed badly. By the time you have phoenix farmed everyone might be moving off phoenix in arena. You might be better pushing a team for the moment and at some point picking up phoenix for thrawn.
  • Options
    To be honest, GW is treating me well, I can cover all the areas and sometimes I get stucked in the last purple chest at the end, the problem comes in arena where amazingly I haven't seen any phoenix squad at all, I dont know if it is because of my shard but people just put their 5 strongest toons together and thats all, sometimes I have faced some nice sinergy Nightsisters squad, sith or jedi team or even Wiggs squad but it is very rare.

I think the best idea for now is to make that replacement of STH and focus on those 5 guys for arena, gear them and level up them till 6-7* then move into farming Wedge if I am lvl 69 by that time ^^. Maybe I should leave phoenix squad for a bit later if I start struggling in GW.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the top 50 in your arena shard. What are they running. To be honest you are fairly far back and most of the people there don't know what they are doing.
  • Options
    My top 50 arena shard is full of CLS, JTR and GK leaders as expected, I guess with a heavy grind I could push several ranks not top 50 of course but somewhere between 200-500 although it would take me months.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    My top 50 arena shard is full of CLS, JTR and GK leaders as expected, I guess with a heavy grind I could push several ranks not top 50 of course but somewhere between 200-500 although it would take me months.

Wow did you start playing briefly a six months ago or more then pick up an old account. People in your arena should be close your starting day and should not have jtr cls and gk.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Wow did you start playing briefly a six months ago or more then pick up an old account. People in your arena should be close your starting day and should not have jtr cls and gk.

Lol sorry, I wrote a month more or less and I wanted to write a few months ago more or less, since middle of the last year and a few weeks ago I started to read some guides to continue progressing like mods guide and which characters to farm (that is when I read about phoenix squad for low-mid levels and started farming it).
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Lol sorry, I wrote a month more or less and I wanted to write a few months ago more or less, since middle of the last year and a few weeks ago I started to read some guides to continue progressing like mods guide and which characters to farm (that is when I read about phoenix squad for low-mid levels and started farming it).

Lol level 62 is around a months play if you play daily, spend crystals on the cheap refreshes and do all your achievements so I assumed the top of your shard was around the same level as you.
  • Options
    Hello there again guys!

I have tried to reinforce my arena squad as much as I can with mods but have some questions. My core team right now is: Rex (L), Biggs, Boba, STH and Ezra.

1. STH is considered a tank, however my STH isn't as tanky as I expected and now I'm asking myself if I am doing well pushing him to 7* instead of Leia. Could it be mod fault? maybe because he is only 4*?

2. I am already lvl 66 and my wedge is 30/80 from fleet store which means I probably will have him by next week maybe before reaching level 69. Which one should it be replaced? I'm considering two possibles teams: the first one would be Rex (L), Wiggs, Ezra and Boba and the second one would be Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, Ezra and STH.

3. Since I have decided to go for a classic rebel squad instead of phoenix, which farm would be more appropriate after pushing this team to 7*: farm phoenix squad for thrawn (which is coming next thursday) or directly for an empire team to get R2?

P.S: I have 5,6k crystals from the christmas offers so feel free to comment where should I spend them.

https://swgoh.gg/u/theqwe/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    1. Han isn't really a tanky tank. He is a squishy tank that charges his team mates when he is hit.

It's a little odd but he works really well. If the rest of your team is alive and he taunts and eats 10 hits the rest of your team gets 2 turns.

Also he will have 10 25% chances to remove 5% turn meter from each enemy.

2. Id be likely to go for the second team. The healing when you kill an enemy with wedge lead works well with the Han taunt. Hans taunt speeds you up and lets you kill quicker. When you kill han heals.

3. Id go for an empire team you will miss this thrawn so r2d2 might be back before thrawn.