jedi, weaker then the Phoenix squad

KueChael
930 posts Moderator
So I went in to TB phase 3 today and pitted my Jedi team against Imperials.
In the past I just auto my g8 Phoenix teams and get 6 of 6.

Not even close today. My Jedi team was g11 QGJ, G11 GM Yoda, G10 Lumi, G 10 Old Ben, G 10 Mace. It took forever for them just to get to 3 of 6. Using water noodles for weapons they annoyingly beat the empire through shear futility. They were able to get 5of 6 but had minimal success in the 6th phase. Yoda is SO Weak it was Funny. Mace was slow and useless. Old Ben and Lumi held the team together with a taunt heal combo. Yoda can steal the protection up and that was helpful to give to the rest of the team.

We all know the Jedi need a rework, power zetas and abilities . But a few key Jedi should be front and center.
Mace should operate similar to 5’s (A beastly non taunting tank with retribution). Mace should deal damage equal to the opponents damage they can deal. Because that is what made him special. No matter how powerful the opponent gets, mace would equal their power.
GM Yoda was awesome at release, then he was nerfed, and has never been the same. His kit is great. But he hits like 4 Star Gear 6 mob enforcer. (I’m not kidding) The little green gremlin is so under power it hurts to watch. Like EP, Yoda can’t take many hits, so he need some taunting protection.
Anakin is crafted with shear power in mind. He can hurt himself if reckless assault doesn’t land a crit. He is one of the most powerful Jedi attackers. And that power needs a little creep adjustment. I’d like to see synergy with GK and Possibly Darth Sidious. For GK something like when ever GK takes damage, Anakin gains 20% TM . Whenever Anakin takes Damage GK taunts for 1 turn. For Sidious, Anakin should gain double Sidious leadership and as long as Anakin is alive clone allies have the same as Anakin.

Replies

• Options
    Do you have yoda, qgj, and old ben zeta’d?

I currently don’t but I figure with that much foresight and taunt, it can’t miss. Zeta bariss really helps the jedi as well. Yoda can get up around 250 speed, that’s a lot of foresight, etc. from that fast little effer. Maybe, improve your mods and zeta up?
  • Options
    Still wont matter much. Jedi are total weak sauce at the moment.

That being said, there ARE better character choices such as Ezra, Ima-gun-di and Aayla that would marginally improve your team's performance but do not expect them to be the saviors of the galaxy or anything
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Still wont matter much. Jedi are total weak sauce at the moment.

That being said, there ARE better character choices such as Ezra, Ima-gun-di and Aayla that would marginally improve your team's performance but do not expect them to be the saviors of the galaxy or anything

Well, you can make a pretty sturdy jedi team if you're willing to go all out. Not sure if they'll ever perform as well as phoenix at low gear though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    QGJ's zeta was a life changer for my Jedi. Additionally, have you faced a team with zeta'd Barriss? lol

I agree that Mace is still underwhelming, and Yoda used to kick more ****. Honestly, Kanan and Ezra have been worming their way into my Jedi squads. I most recently used them in TB, successfully, to the tune of Zeta QGJ (L), Ahsoka, Lumi, Zeta Kanan, & Ezra. While "water noodles" is an accurate description of lightsaber damage, Kanan and Ezra's kits really help out with assists, foresight (Zeta Kanan), and protection.

I fought against using Phoenix toons when they first came out because, well, I thought they ****. They still kinda do, but being forced to level them up has allowed me to see the value, esp w/ the Jedi.

I'd love for CG to take a look at the old school Jedi like Lumi, Mace (yes, again), Plo, IGD, etc. (Really, a lot of the vanilla toons need WORK).
  • Options
    Jedi are weak, eclipsed by so many other factions. I guess since GK/Zariss exists, Jedi, as a unit, have some annoyance power, but they've needed help so badly.
    Still, DS needs love, badly, for many of us to even DO DS TB with some level of efficiency. So, for now, They can continue to rot.
    It's probably even in the devs favor to let the faction go so long new players don't even give them a second look, and skip the yoda event, and then they can do a pass and release a new toon and garner all the panic farming from newer players.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yoda has a zeta. But foresight to all only lasted one AOE at a time.