Who should be my fifth for arena?

chionophile
1097 posts Member
edited January 2018
I'm looking to switch from my Resistance squad (Dammit, RJT) to a CLS led team. Currently, I've got CLS, Raid Han, and R2 ready to go at G11+, and Ezra almost there at G10 (one piece shy of 11). Thoughts on a fifth that can help me stay in the top 100 of my old shard (Jan 2016, I believe), and maybe sneak into the top 50? Mods will be switched once I make a decision (Poe has all my best speed mods, they're going to R2).

I just unlocked GK last night, so he's probably my long term solution; Baze is still ~40 shards from 7*.

https://swgoh.gg/u/chionophile/collection/

Who should be my fifth for arena? 29 votes

Thrawn (G9)
34%
OmerAsikJavikGoodgilAdmiral_Wh1skersMacattack9CoastalJamesYando_ScrozelliAdeDrocAA86Mr_Meeseeks1219 10 votes
Baze (6*, G8)
0%
General Kenobi (5*, G6, level 60)
34%
diangeloNightloresSTRIKEBOMBZCD_9915Ere742Jay_1997_CSyrup_Chugger3Old_Man_JenkinsFaroeste13thraken11 10 votes
Old Ben (G9)
6%
snarzenalAleSahnDroh_1979 2 votes
Swap Ezra for Chirrut (G8)+Baze
6%
JohnSithT2Tommo11 2 votes
Other
17%
TooLkevsmartShadeslayer7FierceRevanAnakin_Skywalker 5 votes

Replies

• Options
    Other
    CLS, R2, Han, Ben, Thrawn is what worked for me until I got JTR.
  • Options
    Other
    GK & Thrawn

Before that, GK
  • Options
    Other
    GK & Thrawn

Before that, GK
    zzBen > zBen > 7* GK > Ben > 5* or 6* GK. Too many people ignore Ben, if you have the zetas he is a better tank than GK.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    GK & Thrawn

Before that, GK
    zzBen > zBen > 7* GK > Ben > 5* or 6* GK. Too many people ignore Ben, if you have the zetas he is a better tank than GK.

I guess we can switch this thread to a "Which zeta?" one. I do have two zetas available, is OB moderately viable at G9 with his zeta? Devoted Protector before IYSMD?
  • Options
    Other
    GK & Thrawn

Before that, GK

I guess we can switch this thread to a "Which zeta?" one. I do have two zetas available, is OB moderately viable at G9 with his zeta? Devoted Protector before IYSMD?

Devoted protector definitely, and you want him at higher gear levels depending on how old your shard is.

I agree Ben is somewhat underrated. And so is his mindtrick.
  • Options
    Thrawn (G9)
    Thrawn is not underestimated like old ben, but that's because it's hard to overestimate him. If you want the best team, you should probably work on him.
  • Options
    Other
    I would get rid of Ezra and put it thrawn And JKA or GK
  • Options
    I would get rid of Ezra and put it thrawn And JKA or GK

I'm not sure what utility I'd get out of JKA. He's not a rebel, so there's no synergy, and he's not considered top-end like Thrawn or GK are, so I'm not seeing the use. And he has that AoE that would screw him against other CLS teams.
  • Options
    Other
    GK & Thrawn

Before that, GK

His taunt zeta is the one that puts him over GK, the other one is a much lower priority.
  • cannon_fodder_jr
    86 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Don't underestimate Baze in the new RJT world. Until people catch on to how utterly annoying RJT + 4 droids is going to be, most of the RJT teams include GK - and sometimes a second tank. If you're still running CLS, Baze provides two additional dispels, including the all important AoE stealth remover, which frees up Thrawn to fracture the lady jedi and shut down the TM / Expose / Heal Immunity train.

Edit: swap out Ezra for Thrawn in the long term - I understand you get the dispel and the extra attack call - but Fracture might be the second best ability in the game (next to the one which instantly removes someone, of course).
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Nov. 2015 shard

zzzCLS (L), zzOB, zEzra, zHan, zzThrawn

Best team I've run in a long time and although 3 of them r meta toons, 2 r not which makes me feel ok about it.

zzOB is a beast. I keep his potency low bcuz under CLS lead, every resist on a Mind Tricks effect grants 5% from CLS lead and 3% from OB...8% tm to every rebel for each and every resist. U can't take more turns and w/ 3 heavy hitters...u mow other groups down.

• Options
    General Kenobi (5*, G6, level 60)
    Get in a tank. Gk is the best one atm