Question about deathtrooper

Sorry for my English.
I am wondering, deathtrooper special deathmark : can only dispell by cloaking.
That's the description in German.
But it can dispell by every ability,that's removes debuffs.
So what now?
It would be good for empire using player, if the German translation is right.

Replies

• Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It is dispelled by normal cleanses PLUS stealth which is unique to the deathmark. It has no synergy with Light or Dark. Just have to be careful on when you use it when there are cleansers or stealthers since it forces taunt on whichever character has deathmark.
  • Options
    The text says: only remove able by stealth.
    Not stealth additional ;)
    I only translate German to English :)
    So it's a translation failure.
    But would be fine if the description, is right.
    So some love for the empire.
  • Options
    I wish it would only be removed by stealth... Would make my maxed DT much more deadly. But no, it's an additional weakness built into the most powerful debuff in the game, for balancing reasons.
  • Options
    If mistranslation causes some problems, you could try this. Set your device's language to English. Start game. You will see English version of all descriptions
  • Options
    I know German speech is a difficult speech. But the description should be right. Not everyone understood English.
  • Options
    I don't know much about German, but the translation in Korean is utterly unbearable. For example, they translated the word "Resistance" in Jedi Rey's abilities as "Rebel". Enough said...
  • Options
    Can't paste the picture....
    But even in English there is written:

It's removed if units gains stealth!!!

Not that's stealth works also.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Mandalor wrote: »
    Can't paste the picture....
    But even in English there is written:

It's removed if units gains stealth!!!

Not that's stealth works also.

it is implied. all debuffs can be cleansed unless otherwise mentioned. being able to be cleansed is a default for any debuffs. Since it does not say it is cleansed 'only' when stealthed, it can be cleansed by cleansing abilities
  • Options
    Check out the description for new Rey's healing immunity:
    Defiant Slash 5 turn cooldown

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Copied, Dispelled, or Resisted). Target other Resistance ally and dispel all their debuffs, call them to Assist, and grant them Foresight for 2 turns.

Notice it says: "can't be dispelled" this means a cleanse will not remove it. Any debuff that doesn't have this statement can be cleansed. The inclusion on deathmark is just to let you know that it can be removed via an unusual method.

They did something similar with a buff in the Thrawn event. The Death Trooper's buff can be removed by staggering the opponent in addition to being removed by buff wipes.

Since you were having trouble with the wording I am wondering if the translation is actually bad, or you misinterpreted it. Does it say it can only be removed by stealth, or merely that it can be removed by stealth in the German translation.

Side Note: it's interesting that the only instance I could think of for alternate means of status effect removal also concerned death trooper... hmm.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I am blind. Can somebody tell me where this text appears?
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Check out the description for new Rey's healing immunity:
    Defiant Slash 5 turn cooldown

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns (this effect can’t be Copied, Dispelled, or Resisted). Target other Resistance ally and dispel all their debuffs, call them to Assist, and grant them Foresight for 2 turns.

Notice it says: "can't be dispelled" this means a cleanse will not remove it. Any debuff that doesn't have this statement can be cleansed. The inclusion on deathmark is just to let you know that it can be removed via an unusual method.

They did something similar with a buff in the Thrawn event. The Death Trooper's buff can be removed by staggering the opponent in addition to being removed by buff wipes.

Since you were having trouble with the wording I am wondering if the translation is actually bad, or you misinterpreted it. Does it say it can only be removed by stealth, or merely that it can be removed by stealth in the German translation.

Side Note: it's interesting that the only instance I could think of for alternate means of status effect removal also concerned death trooper... hmm.

There's foresight, but yeah I got nothing else not counting uniques.