Now i don't have Phoenix ...

Polar
13 posts Member
Hi all,

At lvl 72 now, i chose the classic Rebel path for my main team (wedge coming asap) :

swgoh.gg/u/polar/collection/

I know i should have gone Phoenix from the start, but i didn't know it when starting, and i don't want to reroll now.

So my question is : as i didn't run Phoenix at first, when (if) am i supposed to start them (to eventually get Trawn one day) ?

I was planning run rebels to Emperor Palpatine, then raise empire team, and then maybe First Order or Phoenix ?

Any advise appreciated.

Have a nice week-end,

Polar

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    First question. Does rebels make galactic war easy or difficult? Phoenix is basically easy mode for galactic war.

Second question. What empire team do you want to raise. Thrawn is a very good empire character so if you do phoenix first you only need 3 others (If Palpatine is one)
  • Polar
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Hello Naraic,

As i also have Luminara et JC quite high for my lvl, GW can be completed almost everyday at the moment.

For empire team, i was thinking EP, TFP, RG, Tarkin and Vader. I'm unsure about Vader (close to 5* now), don't know when he could be 7* exactly.
    But i guessThrawn could be a strong addition also.

Cheers
  • Rac3track
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Rebels are a good choice. Definitely don’t reroll. Phoenix are great to start with, but aren’t an end-game team, so it doesn’t matter too much what order you do it in.

Focus primarily on your arena team. Your rebel team is good. Get them as high a gear level as you can.

Your suggested empire team is good. You can swap any other empire toon in for Vader.

After empire, you can do Phoenix, but try to work on FOST at the same time - he’s a slow farm from a hard node.
    Post edited by Rac3track on
  • Polar
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you Rac3track,

Your advise seems very wise, FOST and FOTFP seem to take ages to lvl up.
  • Options
    This suits more Strategy subsection - moved.
  • Options
    The main thing to consider is if you are planning an awesome Empire team, Thrawn surely would be a big piece in that. There is one reason to potentially go after Phoenix.

Others can comment, but the strongest possible F2P Empire team would surely consist of the following right?

Vader
    Emperor
    Thrawn
    Arguable
    Arguable
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    darthjeary wrote: »
    The main thing to consider is if you are planning an awesome Empire team, Thrawn surely would be a big piece in that. There is one reason to potentially go after Phoenix.

Others can comment, but the strongest possible F2P Empire team would surely consist of the following right?

Vader
    Emperor
    Thrawn
    Arguable
    Arguable

Thrawn, Death Trooper, Shoretrooper, Stormtrooper, Krennic/Tarkin.
  • Options
    Thrawn is definately up there with CLS as the best plug and play character in arena, possibly a little bit better. He also has a great lead for really strong empire teams and is a must have character for raids

Phoenix tails off a bit in arena, although I hear they're really strong again once you start zeta'ing. Plus you need them territory battles and they're a really strong defensive team for guild v guild wars

Lastly (and this is just speculation so take it with a grain of salt), I definately see them doing more buffs to dark side characters in the near future. They have to, because they need to make dark side territory battles easier and because many players are sick of Luke led rebel teams in arena. This means that thrawn will possibly get stronger in arena, while your rebel teams will get weaker as they buff/release more characters to counter rebels (Phoenix also is not a popular team so they won't be affected by those changes unless there's a lot of new characters with specifically anti-rebel abilities).

Tl;dr drop your wiggs teams asap and start farming Phoenix. They're much better long term
  • Options
    If your goal is to run an Empire team you want Thrawn, he's the best Empire character.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Tl;dr drop your wiggs teams asap and start farming Phoenix. They're much better long term

Don't think I agree with this. I certainly am much happier with my CLS-led Wiggs team in arena than if I were trying to run Phoenix in there. And the fact that I've only seen one Phoenix team in arena lately would kinda agree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    If your goal is to run an Empire team you want Thrawn, he's the best Empire character.

This.

And to get him, you need Phoenix.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Don't think I agree with this. I certainly am much happier with my CLS-led Wiggs team in arena than if I were trying to run Phoenix in there. And the fact that I've only seen one Phoenix team in arena lately would kinda agree.

Maybe so, but Phoenix also gets you thrawn while wiggs doesn't. They're also needed for other areas of the game, like territory battles which isn't wiggs isn't specifically required for. They're also pretty strong when zeta'd. I know a maxed Phoenix team can solo phase 4 of the aat raid.

Lastly, you need to think about where the game's going to be in a few months. We've already seen Rey teams start replacing CLS teams in arena and we know palpatine is probably going to a zeta soon, which i can assume will counter rebels pretty hard. Thrawn stands to benefit a lot from this while CLS will probably slowly get power creeped out the meta
  • Options
    Polar wrote: »
    Hi all,

At lvl 72 now, i chose the classic Rebel path for my main team (wedge coming asap) :

I know i should have gone Phoenix from the start, but i didn't know it when starting, and i don't want to reroll now.

So my question is : as i didn't run Phoenix at first, when (if) am i supposed to start them (to eventually get Trawn one day) ?

Here's the thing about Phoenix, if you continue playing long term, there is no "if" on farming Phoenix, just a when. Regardless if you are interested in Thrawn and Chimaera(which everyone should be), Phoenix is required for 2 missions in LSTB. This will almost certainly never change, so never farming them isn't really an option.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Here's the thing about Phoenix, if you continue playing long term, there is no "if" on farming Phoenix, just a when. Regardless if you are interested in Thrawn and Chimaera(which everyone should be), Phoenix is required for 2 missions in LSTB. This will almost certainly never change, so never farming them isn't really an option.

A part of me suspects that eventually there will be 6 (or possibly more) tb. There will be three light sided (republic, rebels and resistance) and three dark sided ones (separatist/Sith, empire and first order).
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Six? Where in the calendar would they go?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

Not sure. I suspect we would see one a week and repeat after six weeks or something. Remember when lstb were launched they were more often than they are now.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Hi all,

A part of me suspects that eventually there will be 6 (or possibly more) tb. There will be three light sided (republic, rebels and resistance) and three dark sided ones (separatist/Sith, empire and first order).

I doubt it, honestly. In addition to the whole development time, and lack of calendar time; DSTB are already a bit of a struggle with lack of legitimate teams who can full clear, especially with platoons eating into it.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Not sure. I suspect we would see one a week and repeat after six weeks or something. Remember when lstb were launched they were more often than they are now.

They'd have to run TB and TW at the same time. Which would be fine (TW doesn't take much time) but there's no indication yet that will happen.