Feedback and Questions/Selling Excess Gear and Territory War Overload and more...

I'm relatively new to the game (September 2017 shard).

First of all, love the game overall. My leveling experience felt a bit grindy (some minor catchup mechanism would be wise to consider, the climb from zero to 85 feels immense. Think about how WoW ended up trying to help shorten the leveling grind a little for new players, so that new players didn't feel alienated when they start. You're always going to need to consider your lost players who stop playing at 85, vs. your need to bring in new players and making it appealing to them so they don't feel like it's impossible to reach the end game content.)

I've been 85 now for a month or more. The three or so major quality of life areas I'd like to see improvements in are:

1. Selling gear. I understand that RNG is a necessary evil in most games. In SWGOH, however, I've ended up with hundreds and thousands of white items, Mk 1 items, etc. Please include some method for me to sell these and gain something from them, or some way of dischanting/recycling them into a dust or something (maybe even shards) so that I can gain something from simming certain nodes dozens or hundreds of times for specific gear I need. I've been told there used to be this mechanism in the game but it was removed because some fools sold things they later needed--honestly, white/green/blue gear is so easy to get it becomes a nuissance to see that I have thousands of something already and I'm new. Will I have 10,000 of them soon, or 100,000? This should be an easy fix to make this sellable or recycleable.

2. I'm still supposedly getting exp from simming a node. Please consider something like the model WoW uses for simming at max levels--allow the exp to convert into some additional credits for max level characters. It would help slightly with the leveling heroes grind/mods, etc.

3. This is no surprise, I know you're aware of this from the videos your devs did with gamechangers--we need some better interface for management of mods.

4. The squads interface. There should be a way to get into the squads from within the characters screen somehow, not having to go into a mission, or squad and having the required energy or pvp charge in order to enter. That squad screen is great and should have other ways to enter it.

5. Territory Wars is NICE in this way--it's something different. However, it's NOT NICE in many other ways--A. Ties are still very common. B.Matchmaking is still based on GP--GP is extremely imperfect. Your using a system that makes everything linear, which is not the case within your game. for instance, I can add a level one 5 pip health mod, or 6 of them, and the GP of my hero is not increased. I just added 15% health to the character, and the GP didn't move a bit. Further, many changes to stats are NOT linear, there are various exponential curves at certain points. Speed behaves in a non-linear way, so much so that the value per secondary speed point on a mod is disproportionately worth more than other stats. C. There is no feeling of progress in TWs, one to another. Due to the first two points, the tie is the most likely outcome, and there is no steady barometer to compare against, one opponent may be nothing like another...

5b. Territory Battles are more interesting than Territory Wars. Rather than having two TW between each TB, all the people in various shards/guilds I've spoken with would enjoy one TW between all TBs. Each TB feels like a way of marking progress to us, for instance, we're really working on that squad of Imperial troopers, or our Sith squad, or Bounty Hunter team, or ROLO/CHS, or Phoenix, and we get to clear one more wave this time around. This is more interesting than getting paired with another random opponent in a TW, who knows what their teams are, if their mods are vastly superior to ours, or what. This is not interesting, much more boring. One TW is sufficient between each TB.

Please consider more of this sort of content like TB--can be used as a barometer of progress that feels rewarding, and if it can be a new way of doing that, even better. For instance:

I. Another raid with a different twist--like HAAT was from Pit.

II. A ships raid maybe, raiding the Death Star for instance.

III. Or a shorter TB that is more ships oriented with a small ground component (I realize this is challenging due to fewer ships than ground units, that's why I suggested making it a three day or something like that.)

IV. Perhaps another TB with different units/squads featured--a Galactic Republic Clone Wars TB as a theme, or some similar model with different units/squads. Again, this gives a feeling of progress against a steady barometer.

Replies

• Options
    1. They removed selling gear a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
    2. Eventually they will release level 90 and that xp will be relevant again.
    3. Yes. That would be nice
    4. See #3. :)
    5. I haven’t seen a tie in TW yet. Match making should be based on toons you can use (6000 GP+). Any upgrade should increase your toons GP. Unless your replacing a mod that is the same value.
    6. I believe they have a plan in place for different map TB’s. Like the Battle of Geonosis. LS Galactic Republic, DS Separtists.
  • Options
    Further, I wanted to add to the above, I think that the competition against a barometer component is more likely to bring about purchases from the P2P player base than TWs. TWs who cares, the rewards suck, the matchmaking algorithm is necessary lacking due to GP metric, etc. TBs, I might know that If I bump my squad a gear level, they will be able to do the mission, or if i grab a couple more shards, i can fill a platoon. There is ZERO of that in TW. I would drop a vault on something like that, whereas with TW, I'm frozen, and could care less.

Again, make it one TW between between TB, and add more TBs, raids please.