Some of those shipment shard deals may not be so bad after all

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
The game seems to know that I like Barriss and has now for the second time offered me 3 of her shards for 150 crystals. I passed the first time, and probably will this time as well, because I am just not sure I will use her long-term. Also, I thought the price was a rip-off. But it might not be.
The only other ways to get her shards are chromium packs (also a rip-off and I don't buy) or grinding her two level 5 missions. I can't even get to those missions, and when I do, they will cost 16 energy each to try. My drop rate on characters shards is at best 1/3, so it would be 96 energy for 6 shots per day, likely getting 2 shards. On average, 144 energy for 3 shards.
Now a refill is 120 energy and starts at 50 crystals. And you get more than just character shards in those 9 attempts, you get gear and XP and training droids etc. So it is still probably not worth buying shards right now. But I could see it making sense for someone higher level or someone close to starring a character up.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    I've avoided her for these reasons. She's difficult to farm and that makes her a no-go in my game...
  • Options
    For a primary way to get or upgrade a character, they're terrible. But if you're a couple of shards off unlocking or upgrading a hard to farm one, I agree it might be worth it. Then you can spend that energy on gearing up, particularly useful for a newly unlocked character. I do wish they came in packs of 5 instead of 3 though, at least for the ones also available through arena, cantina or gw.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would never consider it for a character available from Arena, Cantina or GW. It's not worth spending 150 crystals to save me a fraction of a day's rewards from one of those places. Only would do for a character that can't be obtained easily.
    @ioniancat21 The Barriss pack has proved to be worth the $50 I spent and then some. She and Asajj are both mainstays in my PvP and other teams, and have likely allowed me to get more than $50 worth of crystals and other rewards from places like the Arena and GW. Even at 4* she is the best leader for GW IMO by a wide margin. I am not sure I would want to spend 3300 crystals to get her to 5*, but even at level 51 she is worth her spot in my roster.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The Barriss pack has proved to be worth the $50 I spent and then some. She and Asajj are both mainstays in my PvP and other teams, and have likely allowed me to get more than $50 worth of crystals and other rewards from places like the Arena and GW. Even at 4* she is the best leader for GW IMO by a wide margin. I am not sure I would want to spend 3300 crystals to get her to 5*, but even at level 51 she is worth her spot in my roster.

Asajj is the sell on that package you bought clearly, she can be a 7* but Bariss???? I'd say, if you can pick her up as a secondary goal, just gear her up and don't make farming her a priority...
  • Options
    Now if only I'd get shard offers for a good character I have. Dooku has completely dried up for me from every farming spot. 0/20 currently so I'd buy a few from shipments if offered.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Barriss is the difference between me being able to make the top 10 on my server every day for the last 2 weeks and not. That's an extra 2000-3000 crystals, half the cost of the package right there. I also probably would be 4 or 5/10 on GW instead of 9/10. Even if in the long run I don't use her in PvP she is STILL going to be essential for GW even at 4* because of all her passive heals which are incredibly useful at the ends of fights.
    Plus, I will eventually unlock those missions and then I can star her up. My guess is I will need some of the gear from those missions anyway. I just have to get through dark side 5L.
  • Options
    Maybe after we hit 60...that's a lot of potential experience down the drain. Not a valid use of crystals for me atm.
  • Options
    Why is there a lvl 60 limit, and lots of gear require level 62 even wha. i was lvl 50? If the lvl 60 cap remains, this game will be hugest dissapointment.

Why have gear lvl 62, that can never be equipoed? Just cap thevgear as well. I hate unfinished games. Hope they fix this.
  • Options
    Why is there a lvl 60 limit, and lots of gear require level 62 even wha. i was lvl 50? If the lvl 60 cap remains, this game will be hugest dissapointment.

Why have gear lvl 62, that can never be equipoed? Just cap thevgear as well. I hate unfinished games. Hope they fix this.

There;s still a lot of parts of the game which aren't developed yet or listed as coming soon. So when these features become available, I would expect the level cap to go up
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!