Into the future

Am I the only one somewhat optimistic about the future of the game? It's true that I think a lot of things have gone wrong over the last three months but idm now because we were all essentially beta testers. With these last updates imagine if the game were released today with all its features. That's means in the upcoming months we'll see a couple of things such as new characters, a level cap increase with stage 8, and with the next major update in April maybe we'll see alliance system, social features, new events, and the fact that he devs are committed to improving the game is great considering I play other games and it feels like the devs release and nothing ever changes.

It's true that the whales are probably dying and there are rounds of quitting but by the time we start seeing more and better features and the release of legendary gear we'll see a new wave of whales move in. I've been reading a lot of posts and the community is very passionate about this game since its Star Wars and EA wants to make the customers happy because that means more money. I think we're leaps and bounds further ahead that we were in November and the main problem now is balance and content. I think all the recent changes, credit changes, energy limits, Poe nerf ect. address the balance issues. Us players may not be happy about it but I do see how the devs think it will be what's best for the game.

In terms of content, I think that's next on EA's agenda. I know they are working on a lot and there's a lot to do. They probably have a list of priorities and will be working down the list. I know I've read that they're unhappy about their pvp for a long time and wanted to completely redo it but that got pushed back as there were more pressing matters. I'm bored with the game in its current state but at least with this game I can come back in a month and things will have changed whereas some other games have had far less engagement or urgency to fix things as this game. If I had known today what would happen, I probably would have spent $100 less as all this time for f2p to catch up with the caps keeping us there really made me waste crystals on 200 crystal refreshes or chromium packs which weren't that helpful. Anyone share my optimism or do you think I'm crazy?

Replies

• Options
    I truly hope you are right!
  • Options
    The cap needs to be raised within a month or so because it gets real tiring waiting at 60and waiting at 70. I think the devs finally caught on and it took me about two to three weeks to get to 70 so they will try to make it more like six to eight weeks for the next cap. The reason being that people don't complain if they're not at the highest level. EA finally figured this out at havinglimited energy caps and are about to make this game a whole lot harder in a lot of ways which will hopefully be offset by much more content and characters to make he game interesting. Right now nobody wants to spend money and we all have buyers fatigue or perhaps remorse but if the devs do succeed and make this game addictive again then maybe the wallets will crack open again.
  • Options
    Keep the level cap at 70 and add end-game content. Let the newer players catch up. We don't need a new level cap just to repeat the same grind to 80.
  • Options
    Jesus747 wrote: »
    The cap needs to be raised within a month or so because it gets real tiring waiting at 60and waiting at 70. I think the devs finally caught on and it took me about two to three weeks to get to 70 so they will try to make it more like six to eight weeks for the next cap. The reason being that people don't complain if they're not at the highest level. EA finally figured this out at havinglimited energy caps and are about to make this game a whole lot harder in a lot of ways which will hopefully be offset by much more content and characters to make he game interesting. Right now nobody wants to spend money and we all have buyers fatigue or perhaps remorse but if the devs do succeed and make this game addictive again then maybe the wallets will crack open again.

I disagree with this. Now to me, a guy who has spent like $80 in the last 3 months, for me, that's an absurd amount of money. Now I know in the micro transaction world we live in, there are millionaire 'Whales' in ths game who sank 3-5 thousand dollars into every advantage they could get - but you have to understand, that they make the godsum of their money from those occassional 5, 10, 20 dollar purchases over a period of months. I'm their target audience. The super whales are few and far between, it's the 'small spenders' that are EA's bread and butter. They need to cater largely to F2P, to obviously establish a fanbase and give an itneresting game to folks. Then you use incentives to urge people to buy in order expedite their experience and become more competitive.

Right now, they're stacking servers. 20k people per server 'chain.' So essentially, each one of us are only competing with 20k potential accuonts, of which, probably 10k go abandoned/weak, minimally. So we each have a relatively small pool of competitors - I like that.

The game itself WILL become harder out of necessity but they don't need to do that without providing means for their cash flow to remain steady. If they try and wait from update to update to advertise lucrative events and exclusive purchases, they lose out on a lot. There is only 1 Yoda Event in stock right now, next event is a couple weeks away, it's the same event. If it were me there would be weekly events that alternate. The profit mining and training droid 'events' would have a drastically higher payout. There would be 'shard' events where you face 4 and 5 or 6 rounds of a battle to try and emerge, potentially with an expanded swappable squad of 6-10? There's so much that can be done that I think they will do.

• Options
    Expand out first, then up.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    We need something new, level cap raise will only keep high paying players satisfied for a week at most, mid paying players 2 weeks, low paying 4 weeks, and leave f2p way behind struggling to get credits, for their toons, that's base on what I've seen with the cap raise from 60 to 70
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    We need something new, level cap raise will only keep high paying players satisfied for a week at most, mid paying players 2 weeks, low paying 4 weeks, and leave f2p way behind struggling to get credits, for their toons, that's base on what I've seen with the cap raise from 60 to 70

I agree! I'm an above average spender and I have PLENTY of heroes waiting for level / skill ups. I have a few 7* heroes that I just can't promote (granted I don't think I'd use them...maybe poggle) and a ton of heroes waiting for levels. If the cap was increased even in a month I'd be upset, everyone is struggling for credits AND mats WHILE we are farming to expand our pool of heroes to use / play. I really really don't want to keep dumping ALL my resources into my current "A squad" just to stay relevant and competitive...and thats even spending money.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Hmm idk I'm thinking this next cap change is going to much much different than this last one. The devs don't want to have people bunched up like this and bored so the next cap is going to take a lot longer. Also I think people severely underestimate the coming credit drought. I have ten million saved up and I think it will be 2M+ per character to 80 which is 10M for main five then any new characters will be about 5M and galactic wars you'll need another 10M. Devs want to make people spend crystals on credit packs and won't give us any relief until some people start to do so. Even farming 500k a day won't be good enough because I know I can spend all my credits in five minutes. Be smart everyone, start saving up.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Keep the level cap at 70 and add end-game content. Let the newer players catch up. We don't need a new level cap just to repeat the same grind to 80.

This.

Also gives us a chance to flesh out some more of our characters and have a bit more depth and variety.
  • Options
    HanSlowMo wrote: »
    I really really don't want to keep dumping ALL my resources into my current "A squad" just to stay relevant and competitive...and thats even spending money.

Right. The fun for me is the variety of the toons, but if the level cap keeps raising I'll have to stick with 5-7 forever.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    In an ideal world how many characters would you like to max before a level increase?

I'd like to be able to get at least 3 full teams, maybe 4. So 15 to 20 characters.
  • Options
    They honestly don't known what they are doing to designe this game. After 3 months of 1 lvl cap raise, 3 new characters, and 1 event challenge, makes me wonder if Cg is just 5 guys that took more than they can handle. We are still beta testing there incredibly weak code.(AI *cough*)+ they are killing off the whale's do to weird decision-making. I say max 2 more months til it's a ghost town of F2P players. Then EA pulls the plug. I for sure won't Ever use money on a Cg game again.
  • Options
    I want to communicate with my allies, in game mailbox message would be fine, I wanna be able to use my allies' support toons (just for fun on lower levels) , Matter fact! I wanna be able to trade my extra Dooku, Poe, and JC shards with my allies that have maxed out droids teams, pretty sure they have or had extra droid shards. Or better yet, something like EA sports games have (e.g. Madden, FIFA, NHL) auction blocks! for shards, gears, XP droids, Sim ticks, Ability Mats, credits, with crystals as the currency, IDK? just a thought?