Basis for JTR assist/thrawn swap

Hey guys,

Just 2 quick questions:
On what basis do the following happen:
1) Thrawn cleanse/tm swap
2) JTR picking BB8 or R2D2 for her assist

I got intrigued cauz today thrawn swapped with my "not debuffed" han solo instead of going after my GK who had burn, ability block and daze on him.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Options
    For number 2 I've seen a lot of gameplay and I think nearly 100% of the time JTR called BB8 to assist. Granted all of the gameplay I have seen had a Zeta bb8 so that may impact the decision.

As for Thrawn I have no info on that.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    They did say that with JTR they had improved the AI for defence. That may be part of it.

As for Thrawn I'm thinking clense was an extra bonus added and protection/maximizing TM gain from the swap is a priority over cleansing.

Thrawn's AI has always been a little....curious.
  • Options
    JTR AI is ‘good’ because if you have zBB8 she will almost always call him to assist. However, that’s the way that team falls apart for me, because I stun r2 and she doesn’t call him (cleanse him) and I can immediately take R2 down
  • Options
    I don’t leave it to auto AI play my turns. I don’t trust the AI in most cases to make the right decision. Do the same with Rancor Raid- Thrawn/Jyn synergy. I just do it myself.
  • Options
    Who’s JTR again?
  • Options
    Who’s JTR again?

Jedi Training Rey
  • Options
    Thrawn use the tm swap if he or any ally has a debuff.
    He swaps tm with the char who has the lowest hp (prot and health combined), it does not matter if that char has a debuff or not.
  • Options
    mikk207 wrote: »
    Thrawn use the tm swap if he or any ally has a debuff.
    He swaps tm with the char who has the lowest hp (prot and health combined), it does not matter if that char has a debuff or not.
    So why does he go for my old ben swap 100% of the times as I have Luke and nihilus with less hp/prot than him??
  • Options
    Was ob attacked before tm swap ? Maybe then ob had less hp.
    Thrawn has always, without exception, used tm swap with the lowest hp char for me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'll have to disagree about rey calling in zeta bb8 nearly 100% of the time, it's just not true. Rey calls in a random resistance ally. Test it out yourself using a full resistance squad, rey is not gonna call zeta bb8 to assist anywhere close to a 100%.
    Thrawn swaps TM with the lowest prot+health character at the time. Similar to R2's smoke screen giving forsight to the character with highest prot+health at the time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Agree with leef, pretty sure Rey calls a random ally. Don't use auto in arena or tank, but I do in Pit and GW.

I think if people feel they are seeing BB-8 often it's because if droids are the only other two Resistance characters, chances are 50%.

I did also see a comment in a video where they thought BB-8 was being called more, but it was when she first came out and could have been chance or wishful thinking.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

I think if people feel they are seeing BB-8 often it's because if droids are the only other two Resistance characters, chances are 50%.
    I did also see a comment in a video where they thought BB-8 was being called more, but it was when she first came out and could have been chance or wishful thinking.

It suprises me tbh. Usually when something is random the people on this forum think they're getting shafted by RNG. Maybe it's the power of suggestion since they said bb8 gets called more often in that vid.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

It suprises me tbh. Usually when something is random the people on this forum think they're getting shafted by RNG. Maybe it's the power of suggestion since they said bb8 gets called more often in that vid.

I honestly think that's it. I remember when someone said Nute needs g6 for his leader ability....it's actually g4, but people kept repeating g6 in all Nutinni discussions.

Likewise when people say there are 6th months between Legendaries.