GK/zBarris combo

I’m just wondering if the devs have any plans to fix this ridiculously impossible combo. I used my zATF Whirlwind, 7-8 buffs, on a protectionless GK and did ZERO dmg. There should not be any game mechanic that makes a character invincible. That’s a cheat code. This isn’t GTA.

Replies

• Options
    Except its not invincible. Heal immunity, exposes etc.
    My Res team smokes GK/zBarris all day, so does my Zader w/Zidious squad...its learning to play the game and creating the right attack squad for the right defensive squad. There are more characters than ever out there, use different ones to take on different teams. Be glad for the variety we have, as its better than it has been in the past.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Buff Immunity/Fracture GK. Beat down zBarris (who receives crit immunity from GK, so she doesn't heal anymore), then take out whoever you like at will. Also, healing immunity/shock can work as well.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    All of the above. This combo's been around for over a year now. Lots of ways to counter it. It was broken at one point, with Zariss still healing after she died, but they did fix that.

And Jedi Rey is a clear counter to it which they just brought out. So work on your Ep 7 characters for the next time she comes around.
  • Options
    totally thought this was going to be a necropost
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.

They did. It's called NS, healing immunity, New Rey, annihilate. ...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    INRAJ pretty much said that JTRey was their fix.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    INRAJ pretty much said that JTRey was their fix.

Nihilus has been around for almost a year now, and he works basically any comp with zBarris.
  • Options
    So basically I either buy Thrawn or buy RJT, since everyone else’s debuffs get cleansed, cleansed, cleansed. I did put buff immunity on GK. He shrugged it off. WAI? I think you mean “broken as intended.”
  • Options
    DT, DN, Thrawn, Ray, Kylo, IG88, Ani, Paps, Dooku, and so many more.
  • Options
    You can't really buy JTR you can start farming now and you should easily have the characters the next time the event comes around lots of people missed out on her

Also all characters you need to unlock thrawn are f2p and have been for quite some time so you shouldn't have to buy Thrawn either
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to buy somebody buy Nihilus. You just have to keep him alive long enough to annihilate, clear Kenobi's taunt, and Zarriss is gone.
  • Options
    Nihilus, IPD, JTR, zEzra (can flourish for 100k in the right comp), Thrawn, zFinn led resistance... all are great counters to GK + Zarriss, and 2 of those are fairly easy to get (need one for the other even).