It's Not About the Difficulty, It's About the Surprise

Lots of people are now complaining about Galactic War, and I've been one of them. But I should clarify, because many people have taken the complaining to mean that they don't want any difficulty in the Galactic War.

For me, nothing could be further from the truth. I like difficulty, and I really enjoyed having to strategize to find ways to win the GW "campaign". Now, however, there is no strategy at all, because out of nowhere, I'm facing people almost ten levels higher than the highest I faced the day before. There was no scaling of the difficulty, and thus no opportunity for me and others to gradually adjust my meta-strategy to account for this difficulty.

There was merely an extreme jump in the quality of opponents that I'm facing, and I take from all the other posts that I'm reading that I am not alone in this.

Please do not reply to this with GW strategy tips.

Replies

• Options
    I have not complained, nor will I offer you tips. Just wanted to let you know that I've noticed it too. Also noticed it being too easy sometimes, so I wonder tightness of the logic in there.
  • Options
    I have not complained, nor will I offer you tips. Just wanted to let you know that I've noticed it too. Also noticed it being too easy sometimes, so I wonder tightness of the logic in there.

You are not alone. And I also agree I like some level of difficulty. For example I'm F2P and only have three 7* toons. So I like the challenge of facing a full geared 7* team that requires some retreats and strategy to beat. But i've been having this happen to me as early at battle 4. Having this for eight battles in a row i very difficult, yesterday was the first day in some time i wasn't able to beat GW. And the days before that toon at least twice the time to beat compared to normal. At that point there is no different strategies to figure out. It's simply moving characters around and a whole lot of retreating to finally come away with a win.

I would like seeing the challenge build up to the last 3 battles being this hard but no more.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Update: To those who keep saying, "Just retreat and try a different strategy", today on Node 9 of GW, I literally lost all 5 of my characters (level 67, all of them) in a row without getting a single turn (which means no chance to retreat). So, there's that.
  • Options
    Yup nod 5 or 6 lost 3 of my top toons within minute's.. Like above lost 1 without getting a turn... Surprise! ....no surprise
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    ddoyle76 wrote: »
    Update: To those who keep saying, "Just retreat and try a different strategy", today on Node 9 of GW, I literally lost all 5 of my characters (level 67, all of them) in a row without getting a single turn (which means no chance to retreat). So, there's that.

I'm not a fan of this method as I think it's not really a strategy but I have use it once recently when facing a fully geared team that was just taking out everything I threw at them. Like what you described above, the only way I was able to retreat was by Force Closing the game when 4 of 5 of my toons died before being able to go.
    Try using a suicide lead team. They have to be close enough in level so one AOE doesn't wipe them all out and strong enough to force at least 4 of the opposing team to move and use their big attacks. Then come back in with your primary team. The other team will still go first but they should only have their standard attacks and, hopefully, you can survive that attack and heal.

As I said, I've only had to use it once but it is an option if you are facing a completely overpowering speed team.
  • Options
    Varlie- I don't need GW strategy. I know how to beat it...which is how I also know when it's impossible.
  • Options
    Occasionally you are just **** by the RNG before you know it. And when you know it you quit.
  • Options
    I restarted galactic wars today and I'm already facing a team with all level 7 gear + and 2 7* (the rest are 6) toons and it's just my first battle. I have 2 7* tunes and my level is maxed out I can get to like node 4-6 but after that it's hopeless because you can't last that many battles if the teams are equivalent of better than yours. They need to change it to where the last section is this way not the whole thing. It makes me not even want to play Galatic war which was my favorite thing to do and probably my best way to farm credits. But now Galatic war is just a crap section of the game that offers no reward for your time. I some times wonder why I'm still playing now. It sucks.