Zeta Old Ben or CLS (binds already zetaed)

I’m running CLS lead (zeta ‘it binds’), zzr2, z raid Han, Zarriss, and Old Ben. All gear 12, I’ve reached mid 30’s in arena rank and want to keep climbing. No gk yet.

I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on my next zeta out of the 4 remaining between OB and CLS.

I would love to hear from anyone who’s in (or has been in) the same situation with these two.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    My next zeta is going on OB taunt if that helps. Looks brilliant. Already got ibat zeta. In your team an OB taunt zeta work work amazing I think. Curious though, how have you modded OB, you done it for speed or?
  • Options
    I've heard that Zetaing OBs taunt really projects him to another level. It's fracture proof as in it comes back after a fracture always. I think having the zeta will really solidify your defense capabilities.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Currently my OB has 4 health and 2 potency mods, with his speed up to 195. I have heard good things about the re taunt too!
  • Options
    zOB is the way to go. If I were running cls still, OB would have a zeta
  • Options
    I am running something very similar and take #1 at payout.

zzCLS lead (IBAT & LC), zR2D2 (NC), Thrawn, zHan, zOld Ben (Taunt)

Old ben is an absolute monster. I literally cannot stress this enough. He synergizes with CLS and R2 so much more than GK because he is a rebel. When I throw the taunt up, and Thrawn fractures, normally I would be worried about zHan. With no tank or stealth he is a very squishy target. But zOld Ben laughs at fracture. By the time they wipe his second taunt off, r2 has smoked everyone but him again. He is literally perma-taunting on my team.

Some key points to make zOld Ben work from my experience.

-He needs to be as fast as you can. I have him at 211, but on offense I swap Thrawn with old ben at the start of the match. So he is really 254 for turn 1. GET MIND TRICKS OFF ITS SO UNDERRATED
    -Like I said, mindtricks is amazing. Like seriously broken. I can remove 60% TM, and put them all on basics for one turn!? I run him at 65% potency. It seems to work really well at this amount. More might be over kill
    -i run him with 47% armor. With CLS lead giving 50% defense and defense up from his taunt, he has +100% defense. Have fun with that zeta han

Overall. I drop to around 20-25 overnight. That's as good as it's going to get. Getting old ben to gear 12 really helped but his g12 gear is all garbage. I couldn't recommend his zeta more. It's a game changer. And I love old ben
  • Options
    Just stumbled across this thread, thanks for the info guys!
    @Wearesyke what mods are you using on your Ben?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Old Ben is a Monster. I don't even run GK any more.

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Thrawn can make him go 1st on Offense, which is brutal. Running 3 fast, heavy-hitters makes anyone but Nightsisters wary to touch u on Defense.

Watched a vid where my team killed a zombie 10x in a row on defense...yay me.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Options
    Old Ben it is. Thanks!
  • Options
    Old Ben zeta regularly ruins my day :/
  • Options
    If it helps, I find GK more of a pain then OB using NS. OB can have the most HP in the game and it doesn't really matter. While GK's foresight goes a long way against NS.
    My Arena teams been going more JTR and OB, and I'm just dropping less on defense and, other then zombie (obvi), I rarely lose a single NS on O.
    There's now 3 NS users in my arena - I'm not sure its much of an effect other then it seems GK/Zariss are still on a couple teams that likely hunt us.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    @RichRich
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wearesyke/collection/154/obi-wan-kenobi-old-ben/

Check out the mods. I could get him to around 225 but I lose a lot of potency and I've been loving him at 62% or whatever he has right now
  • Options
    @Poxx how do you like the second zeta on old ben? Been looking at that as well. Notice anything from the extra TM gain?
  • Options
    I have a guildmate who put the second zeta on Ben by mistake and it turned out to be way better than expected. It is not better than the one for his taunt but if you are going to continue running a CLS squad it is worth it.
  • Options
    Interesting. I'm already doing combat analysis first. But maybe I'll look into that zeta next?
  • Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    Interesting. I'm already doing combat analysis first. But maybe I'll look into that zeta next?

Depends on the needs of the rest of your roster, there are bigger zeta priorities. But if you are good elsewhere and want to beef up your arena team more it's a good one to go for.
  • Options
    My plan is combat analysis next. Then CLS lead. Then maybe old ben unique? Or Thrawn unique?
  • Options
    Question about Old Ben's taunt zeta, since it looks like you folks will know--Does it effectively mean a permataunt?

As in, when it expires you get a new taunt for 1 turn; if that taunt expires does it re-re-taunt? Or is the zeta only good for one? Either way it's still great, of course.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    CLS lead is not very good. I do not have Thrawn's unique zeta'd but I have heard it's decent.

CA next is a definite yes, though.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Wearesyke Old Ben feeds my team tm when any Mind Tricks effects are resisted, plus the tm gained under CLS lead when an enemy resists. He feeds them tm again when he dies. The gain upon death is noticeable. I typically have 1, if not 2 toons pushed to 100% tm bcuz of it which basically gives me 1-2 free turns, granting me a kill since over half my team r heavy hitters.

@NicWester w/ OB zeta, he taunts for 2 turns. Once that taunt either expires or is stripped off, he regains taunt again for 1 turn...even if the initial taunt is stripped by Fracture. But then, it's gone until the cooldown is up.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

You have a g12 Grevious... what in the world, dude?!

CLS lead zeta is super mediocre UNLESS you are running multiple rebels that AoE debuff, then it can workout pretty well. Kinda like how r2's CA is mediocre unless under CLS lead.

I think Thrawn's Ebb & Flow is much better then either of them.