Are the Evasion Leader Abilities Working Properly?

Johnnyudes
288 posts Member
edited February 2016
The title of the discussion speaks for itself.

A bit of context:
Was doing a PvE mission (the last LS 5 hard node to be more precise) and picked Lumi as a leader (leadership skill rank 5 = 13% evasion on jedi) and Old Ben as an assist partner, giving me 10.5% evasion.

This would thus bring me at 23.5% evasion or roughly one evasion out of 4 attacks. Well, let's just say that was far from it. I evaded 1 attack out of 25 during that mission. Even worse, my enemy evaded more attacks than me (4).

So how does this skill work? Does it work properly or is it like speed leadership was and kind of buggy?

Replies

• Options
    CGJesse said they are aware that Dooku isnt working properly and think they have a fix. I don't know if that applies to the others too.
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OP, I've always felt that the evasion leader skills are junk when I try them, but they sure work well for the AI. I dunno what's up man. Something is weird with them. Especially Dooku's.
  • Options
    I use Lumi and Dooku as leaders quite often and I fight against many Lumi led AI teams in GW. My overall impression is that AI teams usually get about 1 dodge for every 4 attacks which is very nice. My own Lumi team dodge rate is lower than that about 1 for 6. The Dooku leadership is terrible and not working as intended at all.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    CGJesse said they are aware that Dooku isnt working properly and think they have a fix. I don't know if that applies to the others too.

What about old Ben leader ability? R they aware of that which is also functioning improperly?
  • Options
    Eightys wrote: »
    OP, I've always felt that the evasion leader skills are junk when I try them, but they sure work well for the AI. I dunno what's up man. Something is weird with them. Especially Dooku's.

I faced a Lumi kead team in GW that evaded maybe 20 attacks on their Jedi side (Yoda, QGJ, Lumi) but Sid and Kylo would evade often too, like every 3 ****. Had no Jedi's other than Kumi so not sure why Sid was so slippery. In general since I had to replay that battle 20 times they would also Resist stuns from Dooku 90% of the time when Jedi's actually should end up stunnnnnnnned 90% of times.

Completely bogus

• Options
    To be clear speed leaderships weren't necessarily buggy, they just didn't work on turn 1 by design. They changed their design philosophy because speed leaderships were not popular. Not to mention they pretty drastically changed how speed worked too.

Under the assumption that evasion can be treated as a Bernoulli trial and therefore modeled as a (implicitly nonnormal) binomial distribution your sample has the following properties:
    Mean: 5.875 = 6 evasions (n*p)
    Variance: 4.49 = 4 evasions (n*p*q)
    CDF (P(X<=x)): .011 or 1.1%

So while it's unlucky that you would get 1 evasion out of 25, it's not so unlikely that it's practically impossible nor is it evidence that anything at all is wrong with evasion leader abilities. I know everyone is probably tired of hearing this but you need a larger sample to prove anything.
  • Options
    To be clear speed leaderships weren't necessarily buggy, they just didn't work on turn 1 by design. They changed their design philosophy because speed leaderships were not popular. Not to mention they pretty drastically changed how speed worked too.

Under the assumption that evasion can be treated as a Bernoulli trial and therefore modeled as a (implicitly nonnormal) binomial distribution your sample has the following properties:

So while it's unlucky that you would get 1 evasion out of 25, it's not so unlikely that it's practically impossible nor is it evidence that anything at all is wrong with evasion leader abilities. I know everyone is probably tired of hearing this but you need a larger sample to prove anything.

Oh I know that my sample is small and I am not basing any assumptions solely on this (I'm actually not making assumptiosn, hence the question of this topic). It's just that, like the other posters said, I felt like the AI dodged often my attacks and rarely saw a difference when I would put a evasion leader on, I decided to actually count the number of evasions during my mission and, while like you said not impossible, was quite low compared to what I would expect from both leadership skills combined.
  • Options
    See but that's the nature of variance, you could have a sample of 25 where you evaded 13 times and it would be roughly equally unlikely as only evading once. I don't really care enough to do a statistically rigorous analysis of it because evasion leaderships just aren't that competitive but there's no reason to believe they aren't working based on casual empirical observations.
  • Options
    Yeah been trying maul lead and Sid definitely wasn't the Jedi evading machine i was expecting.
  • Options

The sun could rise from the West. The moon may not exist when nobody is watching it. A cat may be dead and alive at the same time. The arrow of time may not exist.

We can make distributions, etc. And ANY outcome would be satisfied, just more common or less comon or extremely rare. However, I've seen insane proc rates in GW from Phasma, Daka, etc. that never happen to me. Maybe the moon isn't there when we don't watch.

• Options
    Dooku has been better of late but lumi is a bit bland
  • Options

The sun could rise from the West. The moon may not exist when nobody is watching it. A cat may be dead and alive at the same time. The arrow of time may not exist.

We can make distributions, etc. And ANY outcome would be satisfied, just more common or less comon or extremely rare. However, I've seen insane proc rates in GW from Phasma, Daka, etc. that never happen to me. Maybe the moon isn't there when we don't watch.

You can tell the moon exists when you're not looking at it because there are tides ;)

I don't really understand your point anyway, confidence intervals and hypothesis tests give us a way to prove a variable is within a parameter. That's the whole point of this conversation.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that when Yoda uses his battle meditation ability while lumi/old Ben is leader that he grants everyone evasion up?