Farming Question

If this is posted somewhere feel free to link me to it but I couldn’t find it anywhere. In regard to farming mats:
1. Do certain nodes have higher chances of dropping particular mats? If so is there a list somewhere?
2. Do hard mode nodes have higher chances of dropping purple mats than normal nodes?
3. Do higher cost nodes have higher chances of dropping mats than lower cost nodes? For example does an 8 cost normal node have a higher chance of dropping a mat than a 6 cost node?

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    In my experience.
    1. Nope. Maybe slight difference but the chances are low to get purple mats in any cantina nodes, let alone omega.
    2. Absolutely no. Farm hard node for shards and normal for gears.
    3. Probably yes. When I invest equal amount of energy, chances were higher to get more gears from more expensive nodes. I.E if there is one 8 energy node and 2 10 energy for mk 3 carbantis, I get one or two or even three from 10 energy ones(out of 120 energy), while i consistently get none from 8 energy nodes (out of 120 energy)

But come to think about it I think the answer of question 3 kinda depends on the gear you are farming. Easy gears work fine on low nodes. Especially that mk1 white furnace. There's a node that has 3 of them as possible rewards. That node always dropped at least 2, 3 if lucky.
  • Options
    I regularly get 0 shards for 480 energy.
    The game has a mind of its own and knows when your going for something in particular and all i hear is "the computer says noooo"
  • Options
    I regularly get 0 shards for 480 energy.
    The game has a mind of its own and knows when your going for something in particular and all i hear is "the computer says noooo"

Lol I hear that. Just like when you’re getting close to getting a new Star for a character and all of a sudden you can’t get that characters shard for days.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It’s all just my horrible luck, but it seems I was able to 7* Old Ben faster than I am getting shards for Kylo Ren. I would spend 300 Cantina energy for Ben and get 3-4 shards and with Kylo I get 0-2. And let’s not talk about FOST even with 3 nodes to farm him. I 7*’d Rey, Finn and Poe just doing nodes and FOST is at 30/65. I started them all at the same time during B.B.-8 event so that tells ya something.
  • Options
    RNG is random. And I disagree with the first responder. Pretty sure the droprate is the same for carbantis from the 8 energy nodes as from the 10 energy nodes: ~20%

This goes for all gear. Greens have around 50% droprate, whether that's from a 6 energy or a 20 energy node.

The same is not true for cantina and ability mats. 16 energy nodes have a lot huge chance of dropping purples than 12 energy nodes. I do agree that omegas will drop once in a blue moon. Do not farm cantina for omegas.

For character shards: the droprate is 33% regardless of node (low energy cantina, high energy cantina or hard nose).
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    My experience with the RNG has been that when farming a rarer piece of gear from a lower level battle, it is less likely to drop. When farming that same piece of rare gear from a battle farther on, it shows up more often. In some cases, the difference in these battles will be the required energy, such as 8 for early battles or 10 for higher level battles, but the ultimate answer is RNG determines everything.

Some people put more value in doing the higher level ones (or battles that have multiple possible rewards they need), and some people put more value in the lowest cost battle for more attempts. That's really the only 'strategy' available when it comes to this.

*I will say when it comes to ability materials, I've found in my experience that they drop more commonly in Cantina Nodes > Hard Nodes > Normal Nodes.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    In my experience.
    1. Nope. Maybe slight difference but the chances are low to get purple mats in any cantina nodes, let alone omega.
    2. Absolutely no. Farm hard node for shards and normal for gears.
    3. Probably yes. When I invest equal amount of energy, chances were higher to get more gears from more expensive nodes. I.E if there is one 8 energy node and 2 10 energy for mk 3 carbantis, I get one or two or even three from 10 energy ones(out of 120 energy), while i consistently get none from 8 energy nodes (out of 120 energy)

But come to think about it I think the answer of question 3 kinda depends on the gear you are farming. Easy gears work fine on low nodes. Especially that mk1 white furnace. There's a node that has 3 of them as possible rewards. That node always dropped at least 2, 3 if lucky.

I would second this.