Royal Guard or Stormtrooper

Wondering which one of the two to use for my empire team.

Replies

• Options
    ST is good with Veers and Starck
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Wondering which one of the two to use for my empire team.

Depends on what empire team you are running.
  • Options
    I dont have much atm, I have 6* vader and tarkin, I'm planning on adding palp and thrawn when the events come back round. I just need a fifth and not sure to farm Stormtrooper or royal guard
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Early to mid-game - Royal Guard.

Later - Stormtrooper.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtrooper is used in end game empire arena teams (what few of them there are), but early on and for the R2 event I'd go with Royal Guard.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Stormtrooper becomes a literal wall in an Imperial team.

My arena team is zzThrawn - zTarkin- Death - Shore - Stormtrooper. They are not optimally modded yet (I have to farm better speed secondaries), and I hang between 95-30 in the arena.
  • Options
    Easy answer. Stormtrooper.

16 cantina farm vs cantina store.
  • Options
    IF you can farm RG before R2 then do it! I got RG almost six stars and Storm Almost 7. Im in the same boat with you with tarkin and Vader waiting for thrawn and palp. I do RGs hard nodes until I gotta get serious and sniff out the event again and see if I have to use cantina on it at all. Might not even have to with Thrawn and Palp.
  • Options
    Early to mid-game - Royal Guard.

Later - Stormtrooper.

what does the term 'early-mid game' mean to you? below lvl70? I'm in the same boat, got both with RG and ST at 4*, rest of the team is DV, EP, Tarkin and TFP, got all empire team between 50 and 60 lvl with V-VI gear...
    Seriously dont know which option to go for...
  • Options
    Stormtrooper is better. RG auto taunt is nice and stun is useful, but Storm is tougher and has an un-resistable expose if he does not crit, great for damage setup.
    RG is great until you start facing g11 foes, after that the enemy puts out too much damage and Storm becomes more useful.
  • Options
    Royal guard will help more early, as Stun & Speed Down on basic doesn't need gear. It's a quick, but short term return on invested gear.

Stormtrooper is a far better tank when both are geared up, as he was WAY more hp/protection/defense then RG, has an actual taunt, and is an Imperial Trooper as well as Empire.

Do you need an Empire tank NOW, or is it mostly to have your 5th Empire character for events? If it's the first: RG is a passable, though admittedly short term solution; if it's the latter: Storm will get far more use for much longer.
  • Options
    cool, so i wont build RG past GVII/5* then, thanks!
    if you dont have thrawn, who of the 3 best to lead empire (no zeta) DV,EP,Tarkin?
  • Options
    Depends who you're facing in arena. Vader is best for raids, for sure. EP if you run mostly Empire vs Rebels, Vader if you run mostly Sith, and Tarkin's speed boost is just solid all around; plus gearing him helps his Cap ship.

If I was just starting out I'd probably pick Tarkin or Vader to focus on first.
  • Options
    Great help, thanks!