Imperial Tie Fighter (Ship) -- Why does AI not use special?

Why does the AI NOT use 'T-s8 Targeting Computer'? Change the tide of a predictable meta ship!

I get it--too much coding and CG manpower? Perhaps a 2020 vision? It would be a nice change.

SHATTERPOINT

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section.

From what we are told you need to post on <<Answers HQ>> to get changes like this. Much like AI changes were posted in the Bugs section when it existed here
  • Options
    Probably for the best that it doesn't, honestly. As long as Biggs is around, you'd usually want it using its basic to land target locks over using its special.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    Probably for the best that it doesn't, honestly. As long as Biggs is around, you'd usually want it using its basic to land target locks over using its special.

I agree. I am always using anything to apply more TL when biggs is still alive.
  • Options
    I brought this very issue up in the bugs section about 4 months ago. It never uses its special even with a target locked enemy waiting to be hit with it. Never got any sort of response. I actually would like it if it used the ability. I have plenty of other ships to inflict TL. I like the guaranteed miss and feeding my capital ship turn meter.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    My ships only land target lock about 20% of the time, so I need the TIE to use his basic every chance I get if Biggs isn’t dead yet.
  • Options
    I’ve found situationally applying the buff block to a target locked enemy to be better than feeding protection to my own Biggs. Specifically if there is some other enemy target I want to finish off or kill but I need to work through the opponent Biggs prot/health Wall. The buff block followed by a Vader cleanse on Biggs or any other method of clearing taunt can open up a path to another opponent. You still have to deal with Biggs eventually but I do that sometimes. Not sure how AI could handle though.