HK-47 needs to be a bounty hunter

The fact that HK-47 has been in this game for this long and still only has the droid tag is absolutely criminal. He should be scoundrel and/or bounty hunter as well. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    I agree. Droids need some love in 2018.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Droids have been neglected since release. Anyone here remember when droids were meta and a speedy JE could end your day like THAT!?
  • Options
    HK-47 is an assassin Droid like IG-88.

Recitation: Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy… Master. Oh, how I hate that term.

Jedi Killer is another tag he attributed to himself.
  • Options
    HK-47 is an assassin Droid like IG-88.

Recitation: Yes, as I said, I am an assassin droid. It is my primary function to burn holes through meatbags that you wish removed from the galaxy… Master. Oh, how I hate that term.

Jedi Killer is another tag he attributed to himself.

Exactly why he should have matching tags. Though I'd be all for him having Jedi Killer on there as well. He's an epic character and I think he could certainly use a rework anyway.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I dont remember him hunting any bounties (i might be wrong)
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

You're somewhat right. He was more of an assassin than a bounty hunter. Because he was tied to his master, Revan, he couldn't actually go and hunt bounties on his own. But since he's an assassin droid like IG-88, I don't think it's too much of a stretch.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Diminuendo wrote: »

You're somewhat right. He was more of an assassin than a bounty hunter. Because he was tied to his master, Revan, he couldn't actually go and hunt bounties on his own. But since he's an assassin droid like IG-88, I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

IG 88 was an assassin, but in Empire he’s on the star destroyer because he wants to hunt some bounties
  • Options

IG 88 was an assassin, but in Empire he’s on the star destroyer because he wants to hunt some bounties

Well I'm sure HK-47 would love to hunt some bounties if he got the chance. Regardless, I still think he should at least get the scoundrel tag. If Old Ben is enough of a rebel to get that tag, I think HK can get at least that.
  • Options
    Maybe they just need Assassin tags and synergy IG 88, 86, HK, Asajj, Commando droids, Aurra Sing and some other bounty hunters. Asajj was also a bounty hunter sometimes.
  • Options
    Well watching warrior from Team Instinct stream yesterday he said that when he visited CG the last time he said they had on a board they were working on Droids and Bounty hunters rework or was planning on a rework for them. So Droids might get some love soon
  • Options
    HK wasn't a bounty hunter because he followed the orders of Darth Revan. He wasn't hired to kill someone like Boba, Dengar, Bossk, etc. He's an Assassin Droid just like IG-88, IG-86 and sometimes IG-100's. They were programmed to kill and nothing more. I would love an Assassin Droid tag though, there's 4 people that could have it :)
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    As much as people are saying droids need some love and yes eventually they do, they have had their fair time in the spot light compared to some factions who have never been able to really shine in the meta yet.

Factions like BH, Sepratists, tuskens etc

Droids had months of being meta and months more of being viable in the meta, all of you may of not of been around when they were but trust me droids had their time compared to other factions
  • Options
    Been a while since i played, but the droids in Kotor 2. HK-50? Might be wrong...
    Add them, synergize with HK-47, and they actually pursued bounties, even though only one...
  • Options
    The fact that HK-47 has been in this game for this long and still only has the droid tag is absolutely criminal. He should be scoundrel and/or bounty hunter as well. Thoughts?

No it isn't, and no he shouldn't. He never hunted bounties, he wasn't a scoundrel. He "liked" killing meatbags, since as an assassin droid, that is what he was programmed for. His master was also a murderus psychopath so there was no shortage of things to kill.

Comparing him to IG-88, and justifying him getting a BH tag because 88 has one, is a terrible argument. Notice IG-86 doesn't have those tags? It's because IG-86 is a generic assassin droid, IG-88 very different. IG-88 was a specific set of 4 droids who gained sentience and shared a "hive mind." He wasn't programmed to attempt to take over the galaxy, he decided to kill his creator, torch the lab to cover his tracks, and escape.

IG-88 had free will and the choice to do whatever he wanted, and chose to become a bounty hunter for a number of years(even if admittedly, it had very little to do with him wanting to hunt bounties/get paid). All the rest are just droids following orders.
  • Options
    Been a while since i played, but the droids in Kotor 2. HK-50? Might be wrong...
    Add them, synergize with HK-47, and they actually pursued bounties, even though only one...

HK-51 :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options

No it isn't, and no he shouldn't. He never hunted bounties, he wasn't a scoundrel. He "liked" killing meatbags, since as an assassin droid, that is what he was programmed for. His master was also a murderus psychopath so there was no shortage of things to kill.

Comparing him to IG-88, and justifying him getting a BH tag because 88 has one, is a terrible argument. Notice IG-86 doesn't have those tags? It's because IG-86 is a generic assassin droid, IG-88 very different. IG-88 was a specific set of 4 droids who gained sentience and shared a "hive mind." He wasn't programmed to attempt to take over the galaxy, he decided to kill his creator, torch the lab to cover his tracks, and escape.

IG-88 had free will and the choice to do whatever he wanted, and chose to become a bounty hunter for a number of years(even if admittedly, it had very little to do with him wanting to hunt bounties/get paid). All the rest are just droids following orders.

The thing is HK-47 is a unique character unlike IG-86. HK-47 himself murdered several of his masters over the years, and I feel like scoundrel is a suitable term for him at the very least. Plus, Revan isn't necessarily a murderous psycho; I've played through the game totally light-side, and HK is still a murderous lunatic. He is ultimately loyal to Revan, but he has the capacity to disagree with and show distain at a noble Revan's actions. Droids are certainly programed, but those programs become their personality.

As a notable character in the Star Wars universe, I think that he deserves some more utility in this game. I don't think it's that great of a stretch to give him one of, or both of those tags.
  • Options
    He's already mandatory in a droid squad. Giving him another tag isn't going to make him suddenly useful, simply because his kit is garbage except his crazy good leader ability.