Thrawn event bare minimum?

Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited January 2018
I'm in a horrible situation. I might not have even enough purple mats and omegas to max their abilities. I think I could get 130 purples and 15 omegas or so before thrawn comes, but I need 350 purples and 80 omegas to max their abilities except zetas.
Or since I do have zeta mats, I can use a mass chunk of ability mats to zeb's zeta or something.

Have you ever seen a good example/review/guide/video/essay/memorandum online that shows that people like me managed to do the event even with the lack of ability mats? That helped you when you prepared for the event for yourself? Or if you have such an experience by yourself I would like to hear about that too!

And for gears I think I can make them all to G8 in time tho.

Here's my sorrow invoking, tear breaking Phoenix Squad at the moment
https://swgoh.gg/lukeamidala

ps. I'm not sure why this was posted twice, sorry for that. I have no option to delete it.

Replies

• Options
    Sorry above link won't work I missed /u/ in between.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala/collection/?f=phoenix
  • Options
    gear viii is good max out speed in ezra zeb hera use them to assisst this 3 needs to be alive
  • Options
    any mod wirh speed is best for this event if hera zeb ezra 180+its win with rng and if extra mods are there then upgrade speed of chopper with critical chance triangle as he is not a big damage dealer
  • Options
    zeb is at iv star get him to 5 to just unlock thrawn
  • Options
    zeb is at iv star get him to 5 to just unlock thrawn

Thanks @dynamitecoder I'll put all my ability mats to those 3 and leave others(kanan chopper) at all ability lvl 3.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd focus on the unique abilities as opposed to the basics or specials as it's phoenix and with a hera lead they share their uniques.

Ezra's is everyone's dps and kanan is counter attack for all.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think i can get my ezra to 131+75=206 speed. (He needs to be fastest, right?)
    Hera to 120+62=182 speed
    Zeb to 115+61=176 speed (I could swap some mods with ezra to make zeb upto 180 if that should be better
    Chopper to 152+54=206 speed
    Kanan to 95+59=154 speed.

What do you think about my speeds? Should I change some bit? @dynamitecoder
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Naraic
    Would all 5 survive long enough to utilize their uniques? I was thinking, set chopper&Kana as a scapegoat and focus all my ability mat to the main attacker trio(Hera, Zeb, Ezra) What are your thoughts?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @Anakin_Skywalker

Just to give my own perspective I have not done the event yet. I use phoenix a lot though and I've watched a good few videos.

If you haven't pushed to gear x the battle with Thrawn is all about juggling damage. If Chopper taunts and gets bashed you need Kanan to taunt and then slap phoenix rising on chopper to recover.

You've 3 recovery unique and 4 recovery specials if you can't juggle damage and keep people alive you won't be able to do the event.

I saw one video with a gear viii team that got to 4 on 1 thrawn by being quick with backup plan and juggling damage. Also remember protection up is buff and you can save yourself a lot of damage by dispelling the buff.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    @Anakin_Skywalker

Just to give my own perspective I have not done the event yet. I use phoenix a lot though and I've watched a good few videos.

If you haven't pushed to gear x the battle with Thrawn is all about juggling damage. If Chopper taunts and gets bashed you need Kanan to taunt and then slap phoenix rising on chopper to recover.

You've 3 recovery unique and 4 recovery specials if you can't juggle damage and keep people alive you won't be able to do the event.

I saw one video with a gear viii team that got to 4 on 1 thrawn by being quick with backup plan and juggling damage. Also remember protection up is buff and you can save yourself a lot of damage by dispelling the buff.

You mean the purple protections on enemies on round 4 is a buff, that can be removed? And I think I will think about maxing (lv7) these: Ezra's 4 abilities, Zeb's basic and 1st special, Hera Basic, 1st special, probably much of others will ve at lvl 5 or 6, depending on where is the maximum roi point for each abilities. Do yoh think it's an ok plan? @Naraic
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @Anakin_Skywalker

You mean the purple protections on enemies on round 4 is a buff, that can be removed?

Yep. Flourish and choppers 2nd special can do it.
    And I think I will think about maxing (lv7) these: Ezra's 4 abilities, Zeb's basic and 1st special, Hera Basic, 1st special, probably much of others will ve at lvl 5 or 6, depending on where is the maximum roi point for each abilities. Do yoh think it's an ok plan?

I think you may need more of the healing uniques. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    @Anakin_Skywalker

You mean the purple protections on enemies on round 4 is a buff, that can be removed?

Yep. Flourish and choppers 2nd special can do it.
    And I think I will think about maxing (lv7) these: Ezra's 4 abilities, Zeb's basic and 1st special, Hera Basic, 1st special, probably much of others will ve at lvl 5 or 6, depending on where is the maximum roi point for each abilities. Do yoh think it's an ok plan?

I think you may need more of the healing uniques. Just my opinion.

Wow that is very refreshing. I never thought buff removal will also remove their protections. That would make the event thrice easier, i think. thanks I'll consider those uniques too
  • Options
    It cannot be removed. It is not a buff.
    @Naraic , please dont spread false knowledge with such confidence.
  • Options
    I think i can get my ezra to 131+75=206 speed. (He needs to be fastest, right?)
    Hera to 120+62=182 speed
    Zeb to 115+61=176 speed (I could swap some mods with ezra to make zeb upto 180 if that should be better
    Chopper to 152+54=206 speed
    Kanan to 95+59=154 speed.

What do you think about my speeds? Should I change some bit? @dynamitecoder

zeb ezra and hera 180+ swap it such a way all are above that point also kill death troopers then use taunt with backup plan on either kanan or chopper one toon after death troopers is key to win
  • dynamitecoder
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    omega all uniques is suggestion basics specially
  • Options
    Omega unique and gear 8 is cool for up to six star, seven stars you need a bit better than g8 on at least Ezra and prob kanan and Hera, I did it with Ezra at 10 Hera and kanan at 9 and it was a frustrating nightmare of a final tier
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Omega unique and gear 8 is cool for up to six star, seven stars you need a bit better than g8 on at least Ezra and prob kanan and Hera, I did it with Ezra at 10 Hera and kanan at 9 and it was a frustrating nightmare of a final tier

that is true 3 crit triangle 3 speed arrow is win or else as above.
  • dynamitecoder
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    no taunting till deathtroopers death then kannan or chopper with backup plan from hera
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

that is true 3 crit triangle 3 speed arrow is win or else as above.
    @dynamitecoder I have 2 36% crit damage triangles and a bunch of 30 speed arrows
    but I'm not sure if I would be able to get a 7* Thrawn. 6* is still good, but I just want more lol
  • Options
    7 is possible rng just keep doing one will click trust me automatically you will know
  • Options
    7 is possible rng just keep doing one will click trust me automatically you will know
    Thanks that is very nicr of you to say so @dynamitecoder
    I'm very determined so I'll try 1000 times
    Hope there's something like a purple material pack. I would like to buy 200 of them to put all abilities to at least lvl7 lol
  • Options
    its most fun and satisfying event due to difficulty and remembrance event after a year also thrawn was hardest post yoda before nerf
  • Options
    its most fun and satisfying event due to difficulty and remembrance event after a year also thrawn was hardest post yoda before nerf

I see I'll do my best!
  • Options
    People have done it on g8 but I couldn't do it last event on g9 with all Omegas maxed except Hera. Now Ezra is g11 and Kanan is g10 it should be possible for me this time.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/bludmetal/collection/?f=phoenix

I will move some mods before it starts but it is really challenging at 7* to get Thrawn. Good Luck!
  • Options
    The basics... g9 I complete, but have to be lvl 85... speed and potency mods are needed. The stagger buff is key on Zeb and Sabine. G8 is possible, but have to get super lucky. No chopper.
  • BCSAkira
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Edited, moved comment to a different thread