Captain and Commander

wrekincruw
315 posts Member
edited January 2018
3 day mini event guild captain vs. Another guilds Captain and commander vs. Another guilds Commanders based on combined GP of captain & officers, Battle ship vs.ship day 1, accomplish a series of special missions day 2, individual squad vs. Squad day 3. at the end of Day 3 points are tallied up loser has his Guild raided, losing guild forfeits next 3 days of % of Guild tokens, free crystals, and credits as homage to the mire powerful guild, in addition winning guilds logo takes the place of losers for next 3 days....Muahhaahahaa!

Like this.

Replies

• Options
    This is quite possibly the worst idea I've seen all year, luckily we're only 11 days in so you have time to one up yourself.
  • Options
    yeah erase and move this whole thing wherever u have to and while your at it move the topic w/ guy w/ green lantern shirt on already
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

Why would you have an battle thats only for some if the players? ?
  • Options
    colt 45 , or king kobra has somethin to do with it probably
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Ugh..got me..

This promotes trust and comradery between members and leadership which is always under constant strain, members of a guild would come to rely on leadership and although not well could directly participate everyone in the guild would benefit. As it is now not all players in the community can participate in big events this game in general excludes people maybe not intentionally but it does, cls, jtr, thrawn, ep, yoda... because there will always be requirements that others can't meet for whatever reasons as opposed to removing requirement and adopting a just participate with what you have approach.
  • Options
    This is quite possibly the worst idea I've seen all year, luckily we're only 11 days in so you have time to one up yourself.

If you have to do absolutely nothing and you get a bonus reward for 3 days plus bragging rights, how does this bother you? I fail to understand there im afraid, you dont have to do anything, no missions, no requirements, just join a guild, and if your guild loses its nothing you pay for anyway so whats the issue?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    wrekincruw wrote: »

If you have to do absolutely nothing and you get a bonus reward for 3 days plus bragging rights, how does this bother you? I fail to understand there im afraid, you dont have to do anything, no missions, no requirements, just join a guild, and if your guild loses its nothing you pay for anyway so whats the issue?

You're talking about actively punishing people for losing something they don't even get a chance to participate in, so, no, this is a terrible idea. Being "nothing I pay for" doesn't set it apart since I don't pay for anything in the game, yet I still expect to keep the things I've earned.
  • Options
    Why should the developers design, code, balance and debug an event that 4% of the player base would get to participate in? That strikes me as a terrible misuse of time, when there is other things that need their attention first....like literally anything.

What guild are you in that "members and leadership are under constant strain?" Why?

Large guilds, with exception of a very few super guilds, already "carry" a couple members through events they otherwise have no chance in. Not everyone can solo pit, knock out entire phases of AAT, fill out platoons and finish LS/DSTB. The stronger give donations, advice and a share of rewards to rest; which speeds up their progression and makes the guild as a whole better.
    wrekincruw wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

As it is now not all players in the community can participate in big events this game in general excludes people maybe not intentionally but it does, cls, jtr, thrawn, ep, yoda... because there will always be requirements that others can't meet for whatever reasons as opposed to removing requirement and adopting a just participate with what you have approach.

This is incoherent. Are you seriously trying to compare you being unable to unlock new Rey her first run as justification for an idea for an event that 95% of players will literally NEVER get to see?

Level/character requirements exist for a reason, it forces people to prioritize what events they want to go after(also it encourages panic spending, but that's besides the point) and work towards that goal. No one here has suggested removing all requirements, just that your event idea is incredibly naive.