Lag, timeout, game crashes, reboots, and freezing is destroying my sense of pride and accomplishment

I've been playing SWGOH almost since the beginning. I believe the game was 2 months old when I started playing. I have easily spent more money on this game than any video game I've ever played in my entire life, and I've played literally thousands of games, starting all the way back in the 1980s.

Over the last 6 months, the game has gotten worse and worse, to the point of being almost unplayable. Not because of the content, which is fine and enjoyable, but because of the quality of the game interface, and how much nursing, handholding, and teeth-gritting the game requires simply to be able to move from screen to screen, which is the most basic and fundamental aspect of the gameplay.

In each play session, the game will regularly, and constantly, hang on loading screens for an infinite period of time. The only solution I have found is to either restart the game entirely - at which point it hangs infinitely on the "Checking for Updates" - or to turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back on again. Sometimes it is so bad I have to reboot my entire tablet to make it work again, which is literally insane, I have never in my entire life played a game that hung so bad I had to reboot the entire machine to make it work. That is completely outrageous and unacceptable, it's a fundamental failure of basic game design.

I regularly fail Arena, TW, and TB battles without ever loading into the battle or having a chance to fight because of this issue. I estimate around 20% of my battle losses never even get to the battle itself - the game hangs on loading, I have no choice but to disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi to get the game to respond, and then I have lost the battle. (Aside: If the game knows "(I) am already battling another player", why doesn't it allow me to enter that battle, and play it????)

I regularly receive no node rewards despite spending energy, because the game hangs when I auto-battle nodes, or I receive rewards but the game double-spends my energy on the auto-battles. In essence, this means I spend 2x the energy but get 1/2 the rewards. Neither of these are appreciated, I am very calculated in how I progress in this game and I don't enjoy losing rewards or energy because of UI problems that are outside my control.

In an average day, I have to disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi 10 or 15 times, and reboot the game 3 to 5 times, just to be able to play. This is ridiculous, outrageous, and continues getting worse.

These interface problems significantly affect my QOL, the amount of time it takes to complete daily tasks, and it has a major impact on my satisfaction and enjoyment of the game.

I'm not a whale, I'm probably not even a dolphin, but I do spend money on the game occasionally. I haven't spent anything in several months because I am at risk of losing my investment in the game because of these hangups, timeouts, battle losses that aren't my fault, and reboots. I am not willing to throw money away on rewards I don't receive and energy I didn't intend to spend. It's not just frustrating, it's fundamentally unfair and borders on fraudulent if I spend money for things I don't receive.

I am so close to the end-game, I only have like 25 toons I haven't unlocked yet, and I would like to continue playing, but I have been having significant and regular impulses to uninstall the game and find something else to spend my time with because of these ongoing and increasing problems with basic playability.

Please do not try to deflect this issue by blaming my tablet, my Wi-Fi, or my internet connection. I am absolutely certain the problem doesn't come from my equipment. My tablet works just fine, no other applications exhibit this behavior, my Wi-Fi is rock-solid with a strong signal, and I have Google Fiber internet which is super-fast and has a low latency. My tablet can be laying on top of the router itself, and the game will still hang up. I've been using, building, and administering computers for decades, I'm an electrical and computer engineer, I know what I'm doing and I am extremely competent in my field. The problems I am having are absolutely certainly coming from issues with the SWGOH application itself.

I know I am not the only one having this issue, many of my guild-mates have complained of the exact same problems.

Please advise me how we can resolve this problem with lagging, hanging, rebooting, lost rewards, and lost battles, so that I can again enjoy this game and justify spending more money on it. Without regaining a sense of pride and accomplishment for the investment I've made in unlocking and upgrading heroes, I find it very hard to justify continuing to spend time and money on playing SWGOH.

Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    In the last 3 hours, I have had to disconnect and reconnect Wi-Fi six times to get the game to respond. I lost one of my arena battles just now because the game froze on the loading screen. I only get five arena battles per day. The poor function of the UI is having a significant impact on my ability to play the game and is seriously harming my enjoyment of SWGOH.

Will a CG representative acknowledge this issue and provide a response? Or do you just not care that the poor function of the game and the constant freezing on loading screens is driving away committed, long-term, paying players?
  • Options
    Have you tried a clean reinstall?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>