Is phoenix worth getting mid game (50-65 odd)

Greetings all,

I am a F2P (atm) and have recently hit level 50 and with Mod battles opening up it seems like resource management is more important than ever.

Phoenix team I'm tempted to farm (from practically zero from this point) are;

Hera Syndulla
Ezra
Chopper
Kannan Jarrus
Zeb

My arena shard is full of either Mother Talzin and phoenix squads. I wouldn't mind a phoenix squad but I haven't farmed ANY of those characters yet and wander if its worth converting this late? Currently I'm only just making the 1000 rank cut with top 50 tier 4 levels above me on average.

My current team is Luminara (L) 5* gear 6, Kylo4*gear 5, JC 5*gear 6, RG 2*gear 5 and Luke (farmboy) 3 * gear 5

Farming wise spent on -
Arena tokens - IG-88 3* atm
Cantina tokens - Boba Fett 4*
Cantina energy - Lando 4* half way to 5*

I was going to leave Luminari at 5* and start focusing on Phasma from GW (normally get up to the last node then its RnG from there).

Scoundrels was what I was working on but I'm wondering at what strength do I need them at so that I can successfully do credit heist at higher level and start farming other characters

I have been thinking to 7 star JC early through energy tickets but still unsure.

Replies

• Options
    Yes. You want Thrawn, and Phoenix is required for him, his capital ship, and in several LSTB combat missions.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    They stop being arena viable mid to late 70s. They are an essential to farm though.

That said it's whether you want them now (you probably won't have time to max them then farm a new team for late 70s) or whether you want to pick them up at your convenience later on is upto you.
  • Options
    You're still a beginner at level 50. Of course you should farm them. Thrawn is essential
  • Options
    Ah awesome thanks all
  • Options
    Definitely.

They're probably going to be the quickest team you ever bring to seven stars, and they'll help you in every aspect of the game until mid-to-late 70's when they start to fade in the arena (though you can extend that a little bit with mods and/or heavy investment). If you farm them you'll be in a better position than your shardmates who didn't farm Phoenix and then won't get Thrawn or Palpatine when they return, and may not have the characters for the Ghost and the Phantom for when Chimera returns (though you should start prepping for that as soon as you have a fleet of 5 star DS ships for the Executrix event).

Beyond that, I'd recommend worrying more about teams for any of those Legendary/Journey characters you want than whatever is meta at the moment. Also keep investing in your scoundrels so that the credit heist is a breeze. Good luck!
  • Options
    Definitely.

They're probably going to be the quickest team you ever bring to seven stars, and they'll help you in every aspect of the game until mid-to-late 70's when they start to fade in the arena (though you can extend that a little bit with mods and/or heavy investment).

That's great just the response I was hoping for, thanks heaps!