Ships Ships Ships! What's a noob to do ?

Prev13
Empiric1
346 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hit level 59!!! Playing since December 2017, I will hit lvl 60 today. I've already told my mates I'm cancelling all my weekend plans because I can RP as kitten awesome Governor Tarkin soon.

https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

Does anyone have any advice on what ships to focus on?

I've started farming Tarkin - Biggs - TFP, I have JC and I can farm Phantom (have phoenix squad)- last 2 I was thinking Bobba Fett and Vader. I need 6 ships right?

Also does any one know if EA will offer me ship bundles when I hit lvl 60 ? If they are not completely unreasonable I might get a couple as this is one of the areas of the game I've really been looking forward to.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Joost
    233 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Best ships for the time being will be: Tarkin, TFP, FOTFP (harder to farm), Vader, Biggs and Slave 1/Umbaran with first backup Scimitar

Over time replace Tarkin with Thrawn and Slave1 /Umbaran for Tie Reaper
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You will have opportunity to buy multiple bundles and packs. And your plan is good.

My fleet is Tarkin, Boba, TFP, FOTP, Vader, Biggs
    Reinforcement: Maul, JC, Wedge
    I take 1st everyday. My Fleet shard is rather easygoing.

Sidefarm for future arena fleet: Reaper
    Sidefarm for Chimaera: Cassian U Wing, Ghost, Phantom

Vader, TFP, Maul, FOTP, Biggs are crucial in my team. The others are just nice assistants.

I have thought about adding Fives, which will surely be a good addition, but my hands are tied now. So many characters to gear up atm. And besides I'm fine without him.
  • Options
    I don't think the ship bundles come until 62 or 63, or maybe a certain number of days after turning 60. I remember being upset for days on my alt account. And unless you buy the Boba bundle, don't plan on getting him or Vader any time soon, they are long hard farms. Ahsoka and clone trooper are good early pilots you didn't mention. Geonosians are easy farms, but not very useful endgame.
  • Options
    Tarkin Biggs Vader tfp boba sun fac then second wave of maul rex wedge and ghost

Fo tie is on farm and will drop in instead of sun fac

Works every day for 1-3 on payout on a busy shard
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • Options
    Guys I'm confused about reinforcements, some of you are suggesting 2-3 - how many ships do I get total per battle ? For example in squad arena I have 5 characters to build a team, how many is it with ships ? I don't understand what reinforcement is sorry!

In terms of farms - I would love to have FO Pilots because First Order is my favourite faction but it looks like most of the FO characters are impossible to farm ( I think Captain Phasma and Kylo are probably the easiest but all the others are hard node or chromium only?) - I don't think I can afford to spend 200 DS/LS energy a day on FO Pilot because I have a lot of gear to farm that I need for my Phoenix and Nightsister squads :(

Tarkin (good) Biggs (good) Vader ( I dont get how I can farm Vader but I assume once I hit lvl 60 there's a way to farm him as most of you are suggesting him?) - Boba Fett ( Great I need him for scoundrel heist too!). Everyone is suggesting Maul - I think I can get him with guild shipments and luckily I managed to join a good guild.

So Tarkin - Vader, Biggs, TFP, Bobba Fett, FOTP (if I figure out how to farm him lol), and use JC/Maul for reinforcement ? Start focusing on farming Wedge and Fives. I'm going to avoid sun fac because I don't like genosians.

Is Tie Silencer a good ship ? KRU is one of my favourite characters and he always reks my arena squad, I'm annoyed I didn't buy his bundle when I started I would buy it if I saw it again.

Sorry this is really confusing :D - hope it becomes clearly when I hit lvl 60 tonight and can see the shop.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Go to Guides and look for Objective Ship by Ship analysis.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Rejnforcement is just backup. You have 1 capital ship and 5 ships on your side at the biginning, and one ship for reinforcement. That ship is for when one of your first 5 ships die, you call in the reinforcement when your capital ship's turn comes. Calling reinforcement is one ability of capital ships. Or you can just use other ability and not call reinforcement on that turn.
    for 1~2 star capital ships you have 1 reinforcement slot available.
    for 3~4 star capital ship: 2 reinforcement
    for 5~6 star: 3
    for 7 star: 4

FOTP Vader Vader ship and a lot more can be farmed F2P through Fleet Arena Shop. You will love it.

Silencer looks good, never met one, but he doesn't have an ability to inflict target lock, so I think he is just a nice addition, rather than an insanely crucial, must-have ship
  • Options
    You can farm Vader shards on a rare occassion in Fleet Store, I think FOTP character shards are in there too...

Currently the FO ships are hard to tell how good they are since not many people have them 7*, apart from FOTP which is a great ship.

You start off with 5 ships in battle (usually) and when one is defeated and your capital ship takes a turn you can use it to call a reinforcement.
    You can have up to 4 reinforcements depending on your Capital ships star level.
    I believe you only start off with one reinforcement at 5*.

This will definitely be a lot clearer once you go through the tutorial.
  • Options
    Basically your goal is to feed target lock and protection to Biggs, so tfp, vader, boba, rex, fo tie all work in company with Biggs, feet him taunting and away you go, then have tfp out when Biggs dies, reinforce with maul and make everyone but tfp stealth, then every dodge from tfp makes tarkins death swarm button closer, which then pretty much makes you win
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Joost wrote: »
    FOTFP (harder to farm), Vader...Slave 1...Scimitar

These are all equally hard to farm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I personally barely touched ships out the gate and even now at level 83.

I took turns running Tarkin and Mace leads, both beefed up toons in their own right.

I currently have both Phoenix to 4* and the Falcon to 4* with those characters beefed up. Everyone else is 3* or less and brutally leveled/geared up as toons. Ships are near 83 only because they give me free ship money everyday to use.

So in a nutshell, my team, IMO is pretty crappy for being level 83 now with many in my shard at 85.

And with saying all of that I have never really dropped outside of the top 100, which always gets me 1250+ fleet tokens. Because of that, I have been able to focus farming on characters over ships and am only now or in the near future going to focus on farming ships and only dark side for Tarkin challenge (zetas).

Because of the generous top 100 tokens, I didnt see the point of going balls out because # 1 only gets you 1800. A ton of work for only 550 more per day.
  • Options
    the reason to get into top 20 is crystals. This makes it well worth the effort.

Also to get onboard asap on DS ships for ability challenge for zetas. Building up ships may not be a requirement but it's really helpful for all areas due to the character/ship shards. I remember reading a post on not taking ships for granted and I'm glad that I didn't. It's easier to rank higher as ppl in general don't like to focus on ships. This helps you close the gap in arena as well...it's all about getting resources and then managing them in a focused manner.

I like the ships outlines that have been discussed. You really need Biggs (Taunt), TFP (Dodge/TM gain/Damage), DV (Target Lock). Anyone that gives TL will grant more protection to Biggs. In late game, Tie Reaper is a must as it slows the other capital ship's TM.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    550 more a day gets you an extra zeta mat every four days and an extra zeta every 73 days. Not to mention all the crystals. Yes please.
  • Options
    @TVF , I like the way you put it. This is more deterministic on acquiring zetas than the ability challenge where it seems that you walk away from the weekly challenges ( 6 times) with 0 zetas...this does happen!
  • Options
    the reason to get into top 20 is crystals. This makes it well worth the effort.

Also to get onboard asap on DS ships for ability challenge for zetas. Building up ships may not be a requirement but it's really helpful for all areas due to the character/ship shards. I remember reading a post on not taking ships for granted and I'm glad that I didn't. It's easier to rank higher as ppl in general don't like to focus on ships. This helps you close the gap in arena as well...it's all about getting resources and then managing them in a focused manner.

I like the ships outlines that have been discussed. You really need Biggs (Taunt), TFP (Dodge/TM gain/Damage), DV (Target Lock). Anyone that gives TL will grant more protection to Biggs. In late game, Tie Reaper is a must as it slows the other capital ship's TM.

Thanks to you and everyone! I think I'll focus on Tarkin, Biggs, TFP, DV, Tie Reaper (death and shoretrooper are hard farms though ? I do have them unlocked but I think at 2 or 3 stars), and then Boba, Rex and FO Pilot. I am very competitive I want to get at least in the top 100, I'm top 10 in my shard for squad arena. Should I forget Phantom ? (I'm already starring up the phoenix squad)

Bit sad that I'm excited about this on a Friday night but there you go, cheers everyone.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Phantom is good if you have phoenix better than most other pilots.

At level 60 the best ships are the ones your arena team flies.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Remember that doing good in fleet is much easier than in squad.(Two main reason being fleet power is indifferent to pilot's mod speeds & Fleet shard is 10 times smaller than a squad shard.) Don't just ignore it
    Since update in Oct 2017, Fleet arena gives a ton of crystals too. 400 crystal a day will help your gaming progress a lot lol I assure you.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    ^Also more people hate ships and ignore it. :D

To be clear on the fleet currency, I never spent on zetas until recently. Up until then I used it exclusively for ship blueprints to build up my fleet so I could compete at the top. Once I got all my ships close to 7* I started buying zeta mats, only holding on to 1200 in reserve so I'd always have enough at each of the three store refreshes a day to buy whatever one ship I'm currently farming.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/ - my arena team is Nightsisters, I don't think they have a ship. Why doesn't Ventress have a ship ?

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    That's unfortunate, but he just meant *if* you can have pilots that are also in your Arena team it will cut down on your farming.

Only two of my arena team (Wiggs) have ships. The other three (CLS/rHan/R2) do not, but it is what it is.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/ - my arena team is Nightsisters, I don't think they have a ship. Why doesn't Ventress have a ship ?

Sorry. What I meant was if you have someone that's maxed 7 star and gear 6 at level 60 they are the best ships you can run because they are maxed. Sorry it's a little harder for you with a ns team.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Welp who knows lol
    Better focus hardcore on ships
    Especially on those ships that many ppl recommend
    +And leave your zombie at g8+only those gears that give +6speed! - 1 or 2 speed gears filled at g8 to be clear!
    You should make zombie FAST, and at the same time, insanely SQUISHY so enemy thrawn can't fractute her!

BTW admirable rank - bb (thumbs up)
  • Options
    Haha kinda funny that Luke, Han and R2 don't have ships. I mean those 3 combined could defeat a star destroyer single-handedly.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Haha kinda funny that Luke, Han and R2 don't have ships. I mean those 3 combined could defeat a star destroyer single-handedly.

You just made Chewie angry. Don't make Chewie angry. You wouldn't like Chewie when he's angry.
  • Options
    Sorry this is really confusing :disappointed:

Welcome to SWGOH! :smiley:

• darthjeary
    170 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    550 more a day gets you an extra zeta mat every four days and an extra zeta every 73 days. Not to mention all the crystals. Yes please.

That is assuming the #1 spot and that is assuming you dont spend your fleet tokens on ship shards and spend them on zetas instead. Obviously to stay in the #1 spot, you would have to focus everything on Ships and ship characters (Level, Stars, gear).

That is a lot of work if the end goal is zetas from the fleet store.

Also, huge difference between 1 (1800 FT, 200k, 400C) and 10-20 (1350 FT, 104K, 100C). Unless you get insanely lucky and are in a shard where no one tries, good luck keeping #1 often enough without the rest of your game suffering.

Seems like a tough ask. I am not recommending to ignore ships, but staying top 100 or top 50 with little effort seems like a better option than going hard while your roster suffers everywhere else.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Did you read my follow up post?
    TVF wrote: »
    To be clear on the fleet currency, I never spent on zetas until recently. Up until then I used it exclusively for ship blueprints to build up my fleet so I could compete at the top. Once I got all my ships close to 7* I started buying zeta mats, only holding on to 1200 in reserve so I'd always have enough at each of the three store refreshes a day to buy whatever one ship I'm currently farming.

• Options
    hey just wanted to say thanks for your help everyone.

I must've gotten really lucky with my shard because I managed to get Top 10 with my ships team as well.

My team atm is Tarkin, Poe (no one suggested him but I had him at 5 stars and his ship at 3), Biggs, TFP, FOTP and I use JC and GS as reinforcements for now.

Do I need Wedge ? I've spent the last 3 days farming him and his ship because I always read online that's he's really good but I don't understand for what ? My phoenix team will do palpa and thrawn, he's not a req for CLS and I use NS in arena.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge isn't great in ships. Any recommendation you see for wedge in ships in various guides assumes that he is a big part of your arena team and that because the pilot is well geared and at high stars the ship will be good.

If you are struggling with gw I would unlock him because he is a great rebel to use with Biggs in a team. Otherwise don't bother for now. Later you may revisit to have an extra team for lstb or tw or something like that.