KRU Pre-taunt Zeta -- Does he die too easily?

I have enough Zeta mats to get the pre-taunt zeta on KRU. I already have his protection/health zeta and he is 5* gear 11 with 3/6. Will the zeta cause his to eat a whole bunch of attacks and die quickly in arena?

I use his stun to clear Baze and GK taunts in almost every arena battle and I'd like to continue doing that, so if KRU is going to get killed in the first round I can move the zeta to someone else.

It doesn't seem like he'll get wiped out but once the zeta goes on him, it'll be too late.

Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    if you are using him for a purpose that is not tanking, getting him pre-taunt is not a good move. Does your team need more damage migitation? Do you have other zeta options? A lot of factors to consider
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta his unique when he'll be gr 12 only. He'll have good protection then. Also, the zeta on his unique is imo only good in a full FO squad since they gain a lot of buffs, allowing KRU to recover HP easily. In another line up, ie used as a simple tank, he will only gain health but not protection, except if you use Thrawn.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    You have to be careful. If, and only if your foos speed is high enough to guarantee he goes first (thus making sure your entire team goes first by using marching orders on Ren to have him lash out and give everyone tm) should you zeta his unique. I say this because if you don’t, and let’s say you’re going against an empire team that goes first what will happen is thrawn will fracture kru every time since he has pretaunt, and then you can’t stun/dispel the opponents pretaunter, like shoretrooper.

My shard is heavy, heavy empire with zEP, Vader, Thrawn, Shoretrooper, and Tarkin, so I did NOT zeta his unique in case I have to fight teams that have a Vader with higher speed. Like I said, if that happens he’s going to start with pretaunt, Vader goes first meaning entire empire team goes first, Thrawn fractures kru, and you’re stuck trying to get through shoretrooper and you lose. The one caveat to that is if you use FOE instead of fotp. If that’s the case you can dispel shoretrooper or baze or whatever with foe, but it’s still not ideal considering how powerful krus two turn unresistable stun is.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Also as far as dying too easily, I would say he has really good survivability for a few reasons. First he’s going to get protection and health back from buffs like when fost taunts and gives everyone defense. Second, he recovers 8% health every time he his hit. Third, he’s going to get health and protection back from all the debuffs being cast on him. Fourth, focused rage can be used to heal him. Not to mention every time he hits he has a chance to counterattack and put tenacity down on whoever attacks him, meaning rens stun is going to be more reliable if you use it instead of lash out on a turn and foos tm removal is going to have a better shot at landing. Having said all that, as I mentioned in my previous post, I haven’t zetaed his unique yet because of the aforementioned issues with high speed zEP teams and thrawn fracturing kru if you have pretaunt up and don’t go first, so I can’t say for sure.

What you probably need to do is try some arena teams in your shard and see what the turn order is like. As long as your foo is always going first, you also have the option of casting marching orders on fost, and then having fost taunt, which gives the same amount of tm as rens lash. Then, not only is your team going first, but you have two taunts up so not all the damage is going to go on kru, since the ui is dumb and will likely split some of the damage onto fost. Again, it just all depends on foos speed vs your opponents speed.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I see you already have a lot to read, so I'll try to be brief. I ran him in arena at 5* and it was too soon for his pre-taunt zeta. Now that he's 7* G12, the zeta makes him a good tank, especially alongside FOST to spread out the damage received.
  • Oneohm
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I posted this almost two months ago and didn't get any replies. I zeta'd him and he's now at 7* G12 so he's good. :)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Oneohm wrote: »
    I posted this almost two months ago and didn't get any replies. I zeta'd him and he's now at 7* G12 so he's good. :)

Maybe because 2 months ago, only whales could have him 7*, so less public to answer your question.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Oneohm wrote: »

Maybe because 2 months ago, only whales could have him 7*, so less public to answer your question.

Nah, I necro'd this thread while I was bored at work...