Life after Phoenix?

Docx
94 posts Member
Anyone willing to give some direction for my arena team after Phoenix? My AA has enough stars to upgrade to 6.

Would AA, Biggs, edge, Baze, and chi be a solid team even if they are low on the stars? Is Rex that much better than AA? The Baze farm will be rough considering I’m only lvl 55. But I’m just unsure what to do next. Focus is all 7 Star gear 8 for my 5 Phoenix Squad.... so what’s next once I accomplish that?

https://swgoh.gg/u/docx/collection/

Replies

• Options
    Taking Phoenix to 7* g8 is a good plan, then I'd focus on Empire to pick up R2 and so you have a decent DS squad. Tarkin TFP Vader Palps & Thrawn is a solid DS starting 5.

It won't solve the arena question, but will give you a solid pit team, DS team and pick up one of the better utility characters in the game.

I would not suggest farming a 2nd set of rebels strictly for arena while you're maintaining top 10 with a growing Phoenix squad. The next rebels you should be farming is Old Ben, Luke, Leia & Stormtrooper Han.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nightsisters man. Talzin is such a long farm, might as well start it early. Right after Phoenix.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Are nightsister useful for things like territory wars or dark side battles? I’d really like to maintain my top 10arena rank.

I’m assuming you’re recommeninding ben Luke Leia for the Luke’s journey - wouldn’t it be coming back way down the road or is it by the time it comes back I’ll finaly be ready for it?
  • Options
    The sisters rock in TW. Not great in DSTB, but I'm sure they can get it done given the gear/zetas. Ventress is part of a team that can post 30+ mil in ATAT, and with her leader zeta they can solo Pit. They aren't as utility as Phoenix, but they aren't just a one trick arena team either.

"Way down the road" is relative. Considering you'd want to spend another couple weeks on Phoenix, then need an full Empire team for r2, and finally 4 addition characters for CLS, I highly doubt you'd make the next Heroe's Journey.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    For arena, rex, wedge, buggs, baze, chirut could work very well. Wedge lead with ezra instead of rex could work even better. R2 would replace ezra when you get him. For baze, it's ok to have low stars for now, just get shards when you can and keep gearing him to g11.

Nightsisters are good for arena if you have zombie and mt (gear them to max...zombie is debatable), but for territory battles, you are limited by the stars for most phases so they wont work. MT leader zeta is the mimumum you need for arena and terrirory wars and territory battles.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    I’m honestly thinking of Rex, Biggs, wedge, sth, 6* Thrawn. Could do Baze over sth but want to work towards Luke. Could also replace Rex with Chirrut once I get him with a wedge lead but would Thrawn be viable at that point?
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thrawn would work instead of ezra, so:
    - wedge, biggs, thrawn, baze, chirut
    Thrawn should be your fastest to fracture the opposing tank or dps. I used to use a fast ezra to dispel enemy baze as my first move, and thrawn would work better.

Rex is great with Chaze, but you really need DN and r2 to make this entry level rex team work. Then, Rex with Raid Han, r2, thrawn and GK becomes the most difficult rex team. Other than these two composition, rex lease isnt nearly as effective.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Thrawn should be your fastest to fracture the opposing tank or dps. I used to use a fast ezra to dispel enemy baze as my first move, and thrawn would work better.

Rex is great with Chaze, but you really need DN and r2 to make this entry level rex team work. Then, Rex with Raid Han, r2, thrawn and GK becomes the most difficult rex team. Other than these two composition, rex lease isnt nearly as effective.

I run Rex, Han, Nihilus, Thrawn, and GK to great effect. Nihilus allows to get past troublesome JTR and Zarriss squads whereas r2 causes me to timeout or just flat out lose.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    I’ve got DN now, so what should my focus be? I think I have about 30 Chirrut and Rex shards.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

I run Rex, Han, Nihilus, Thrawn, and GK to great effect. Nihilus allows to get past troublesome JTR and Zarriss squads whereas r2 causes me to timeout or just flat out lose.

That's cool that DN can replace r2.

What i meant by other rex compositions not working is other than using some combination of DN, thrawn, chaze, gk, r2.

In my shard, everyone dropped DN when thry got GK, and I was hoping DN would be good somewhere against JTR teams.

@CleverWes do you have DN zeta, and if so, how well does it work against JTR?
  • Options
    @Docx
    I would say yes

Rex, dn, thrawn, chirut, baze

If i had started the game with that team, i would have reached the top much earlier.
  • Options

That's cool that DN can replace r2. But i dont think the OP has either of those characters.

What i meant by other rex compositions not working is other than using DN, thrawn, chaze, gk, r2.

In my shard, everyone dropped DN when thry got GK, and I was hoping DN would be good somewhere against JTR teams.

I follow you now! :)

I actually have him double zeta'd... not that the one helps much. He's definitely a key factor for me beating JTR teams. By the time GK dies, fracture has worn off and I'm ready to annihilate JTR.

The foresights from BB8 and an unfractured JTR will sap up his force drain limiting effectiveness, though, so you want to be smart.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

That's cool that DN can replace r2. But i dont think the OP has either of those characters.

What i meant by other rex compositions not working is other than using DN, thrawn, chaze, gk, r2.

I follow you now! :)

I actually have him double zeta'd... not that the one helps much. He's definitely a key factor for me beating JTR teams. By the time GK dies, fracture has worn off and I'm ready to annihilate JTR.

The foresights from BB8 and an unfractured JTR will sap up his force drain limiting effectiveness, though, so you want to be smart.

The zeta that applies a debuff at the start of enemy turn is the one I'm talking about. You may not see it in game, but it prevents the JTR teams reducing their cooldowns when using a special ability. That will greatly slow down ID. JTR teams stuggle more with Rex lead than they do with others, and i think your team is a great counter and could hold well on defense against them. It sucks about evasion preventing cooldown reduction though, lol.

JTR are definitely tricky
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    So I am currently working on a transition to Rex, Chaze, nihlius, and Thrawn... but with the Vader and emp reworks is it the best course of action?