Forest Moon- Assault Battles

EtchaSketch
74 posts Member
edited January 2018
So i did the ewok event this morning, had no issues beating the various tiers, but when i beat the 3rd tier, bonus tier that is "very difficult", i got a grey mod as a reward. Figured it was just bad rng on my end and said something in guild chat and griped to a real life friend as well about getting a grey mod in the bonus tier. My friend replied back he got a grey mod too, and a few hours after i vented in guild chat, a guildie replied he got a grey mod as well.
Really? Grey mods as rewards on bonus tiers? The most difficult tier and we get the worst rewards?
Anyone else had this happen or is it just really bad luck?

Replies

• Options
    Well its random. Got a green one.
  • Options
    Bad luck. I got a green mod for the bonus tier and grey for the other two tiers.
  • Options
    Same here alot of guys in our guild got grey mods too. Pretty lame rewards. Plus alot of us thought it was slightly more difficult then usual
  • Options
    Rewards across all tiers of assault battles are the same by design. Your bonus for doing t3 is that you got triple the rewards of someone who is only able to do t1.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Auto play the tiers, easy as always, grey mod tier one, green mod tier two, blue mod tier three.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Auto play the tiers, easy as always

This always makes me laugh. Not everyone has a team that can do this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I knew you would like it, ;) besides it makes as much sense as saying the event has been increased in difficulty lol
  • Options
    I also got a gray mod for the final tier. But for 80 seconds total to get through all 8 waves on auto, I figured the rewards were commensurate with the effort to get them.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I knew you would like it, ;) besides it makes as much sense as saying the event has been increased in difficulty lol

Yes, they're both equally pointless to say.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Did they up the difficulty this event? Last time this event was up I got though all tiers with ease, this time I can't even get past the first tier, wth is going on?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Did they up the difficulty this event? Last time this event was up I got though all tiers with ease, this time I can't even get past the first tier, wth is going on?

Can't tell if this is sarcastic based on the two posts in front of it or serious...

If it's serious you should probably check your mods. The faster your mods are the more likely you will be able to beat the 1st tier as you'll go before the deadly ewoks. Also if you geared up some characters and took out Snowtrooper, that could easily be your problem. Snowtrooper's unique is amazing for this event in an empire team with AOEs. Just spam the AOEs.
  • Options
    Preface: Assault Battles have changed a bit conceptually since I started making them. So they aren't completely consistent right now.

The reason you're getting grey mods in the bonus tier is for two reasons:

1) Bonus tiers are a "bonus". They're there because you happen to have a team that can do it, so you get a bonus. I'm actually kind of surprised people don't mention that more often. Therefore the rewards for doing one aren't "better" but "more". EG: A bonus on top of what you already got. But if it was OMG AMAZING rewards above and beyond the normal tier, that would potentially be unbalancing in the long run since these are meant to run in perpetuity. Marquee event bonus tiers have different things because they only run once. This is why Tier 3 in a Mythic event isn't called a bonus tier, it's just Tier 3.

2) Until recently, it was incredibly tedious and difficult to make new mod tables for a variety of reasons. So the rewards in Forest Moon are identical to Mod Challenges (which give primarily Grey/Green mods) because that was some existing data I could re-purpose.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    Preface: Assault Battles have changed a bit conceptually since I started making them. So they aren't completely consistent right now.

The reason you're getting grey mods in the bonus tier is for two reasons:

1) Bonus tiers are a "bonus". They're there because you happen to have a team that can do it, so you get a bonus. I'm actually kind of surprised people don't mention that more often. Therefore the rewards for doing one aren't "better" but "more". EG: A bonus on top of what you already got. But if it was OMG AMAZING rewards above and beyond the normal tier, that would potentially be unbalancing in the long run since these are meant to run in perpetuity. Marquee event bonus tiers have different things because they only run once. This is why Tier 3 in a Mythic event isn't called a bonus tier, it's just Tier 3.

2) Until recently, it was incredibly tedious and difficult to make new mod tables for a variety of reasons. So the rewards in Forest Moon are identical to Mod Challenges (which give primarily Grey/Green mods) because that was some existing data I could re-purpose.

@CG_CapGaSP

Thanks for that honesty. Just curious if the mod tables that were made recently for newer events could potentially get re-purposed into the older assault battles? (For all three tiers so theres no imbalance) Getting at least a green or blue mod would be a lot nicer even if it's not the set we want/the best primary stat, having the guaranteed secondaries on a mod is nice when you had to work to make a team to beat the assault battles.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Good lord @CG_CapGaSP has some amazing responses. It’s like he brings me in as part of the team. Like, CG looks like a really cool place to work.