Zeta drop rate from challenges! :(

Just another person bemoaning about the ugly rng of me not getting any Zeta’s from the ship challenge for ages. It actually makes me feel nauseous when I go to push the sim button because my rng on those things is utterly contemptible from a fairness kinda view.

I get that rng is rng for a reason, but why is it always bad rng where Evil Are concerned?

Replies

• Options
    Don’t feel bad. I got 1, and only 1, so far. We should be allowed to combine the thousands of blues and greens we have into useful items we need like purple and gold and Zetas.
  • Options
    Or they should add entropy to the RNG to remove streakiness
  • Options
    I've gotten 11 in the last couple weeks. I'm pretty ok with the Zeta drop rate.
  • Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    I've gotten 11 in the last couple weeks. I'm pretty ok with the Zeta drop rate.

Well, wish I had your luck, but I usually go 1-2 weeks and get 1.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Thanks a bunch, moved to the place where less eyes will see it!!!!
  • Options
    I am having trouble getting any myself, used to be able to get a couple a week, seems now like they just never drop. Really annoying.
  • Options
    It's not real RNG, it's based on something like gauss distribution, where zeta is at 0, and your luck is anywhere between -100k and 100k (at the bottom). If you play lottery, you know what I mean.
    They do what it takes to not give you stuff they advertise, it's just their business model. I really hope some day it hits back at them, with full force.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Thanks a bunch, moved to the place where less eyes will see it!!!!

Just so you know... every1 still sees these threads. Most people use the "recent discussions" link instead of general category to see what's new.

As for the drop rate... it is terrible, but iirc CG said that the fleet store was always supposed to be the primary way to get consistant zeta mats. Eventually, you run out of anything to buy from fleet & only purchase zetas.
  • Options
    Why do people defend €A in this crap.