Negative Player progression

I am f2p and as such upgrading a character is important and so is my crystal income. I was so close to being top 200 and I was running gear 10 wedge lead, zylo g11, lando g11, biggs g10, And sthz g11. I decided to upgrade wedge and biggs I upgraded them to gear 11 and instead of seeing a positive player progression from this investment that would be the right thing to do to most people. I saw a drastic negative reprocesson. Almost instantly once upgrading them I saw a HUGE increase of g11-12 meta teams including chaze, jrt, gk barris, zmaul and the best cls. I know that people just got him and are gearing him up which explains his increase but why does it feel like I broke some protective barrier that was put in place to help me and but upgrading wedge and biggs I went from a f2p to a p2p sweaty shard? As a consumer I want to feel rewarded for progressing in the game and not punished. This leaves a sour taste in my mouth and frankly has made me think about quiting but I like my guild mates to much to quit even if it feels like everyone else is tiaking 3 steps forward and I’m taking two forward and one back.

Replies

• Options
    You upgrading didn't change the top 200 opponents on your shard your just good enough to get up high enough to see em
  • Options
    I dropped 150 places in 3 days and am not slowing down either
  • Options
    You upgrading didn't change the top 200 opponents on your shard your just good enough to get up high enough to see em
    I’m talking about the 350-250s after I upgraded biggs and wedge
  • Options
    Still the fact remains your shard is your shard always has always will and nothing you do affects the other people on your shard
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Just while other people have been working on better meta teams, you've been working on an old out dated team. Seems your shard finally got it's big boy pants I suggest you follow their lead
  • Options
    Biggs and wedge are not outdated they are top ten arena leader. And they stay together so biggs is also still good. Sth is not as good as baze but I can’t farm him. They aren’t the best but they are my best f2p option rn whil I work on getting cls. Or should I go for reyj? Have 6-7* fo for bb8 but no resistance.
  • Options
    Back in the days of the original GW, this would have been a thing, but as the previous poster pointed out, your arena shard doesn't change based on any upgrades that you do.

There is now no reason not to progress as much as possible, because once you hit 85, the stronger you get, the easier your GW will become, instead of harder.

As for your Arena? If you're not carrying CLS or JTREY, or at the very least a strong GK, Chaze, or some kind of Thrawn led imperial team (with Shoretrooper, naturally), you're going to have a tough time climbing higher than you already are. If you insist on sticking with Wiggs, all I can tell you is to improve your mods and up your speed higher than anyone else's and you'll climb, as long as you aren't seeing objectively better squads in your ranks.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I went through the same thing on my shard. Droids used to be a top 10 leader, but Wedge made them irrelevant. (even though I still did quite well with them until CLS came out). Then the rogue one squad made Wedge irrelevant. Then Maul became the top. Then it was Rex and the triple cleanse. Then it was CLS with R2. Now it is Jedi training Rey.

Even though the game went through this progression some time ago, it takes time for younger shards to work their way through this progression, and longer the farther down the ranks you are.

To put it another way: Wedge is not a top 10 leader and hasn't been for some time. Your shard just wasn't mature enough to reflect that until now. Pretty much everyone has gone through this that's been playing a while, and we will all continue to go through it as new characters get released.

If you want to invest in a leader that is likely to stand the test of time, I recommend going with Rex. He's been around for a long time, and is still viable at the top even now (though not as prevalent as he was in the Zaul META).
  • Options
    Biggs and wedge are not outdated they are top ten arena leader.

Biggs(not counting his ship) and wedge are super outdated. They're practically launch characters.

Leaders better then wedge: CLS, RJT, Thrawn, Finn, Veers, Talzin, Ventress, Jyn, Hera, Ackbar, Vader, GK, Rex, KRU, HK-47, Tarkin, Phasma, QGJ, Krennic, ROLO, Nute, Saxon, Maul, Teebo, Chirpa and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

I don't think Wedge is even in the top 5 REBEL leaders.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs and wedge are not outdated they are top ten arena leader. And they stay together so biggs is also still good. Sth is not as good as baze but I can’t farm him. They aren’t the best but they are my best f2p option rn whil I work on getting cls. Or should I go for reyj? Have 6-7* fo for bb8 but no resistance.

Apparently some of your opponents have been able to farm Baze for some time now. How come you can't? Also others started working on CLS earlier than you. And others are in guilds that farmed heroic AAT for months. Long story short: While you progressed still your opponents progressed in fields where you didn't.

• Options
    When i was farming chaze i use to farm baze from shipments it was 150 crystals for 3 and as a f2p thats where all my crystals went. once unlocked i geared him decent and levelled him to 85 and a wedge lead with r2 stuck for a while :) helped get top 100 nicely so it can be done... Not sure if you can still farm him like that but if so i recomend it as itl defo help around that level in arena, until you get a cls which could take months depending when they release it..

the fun thing is strategically you have to decide whats best for you going forward, a good decision could get you high in rankings but a bad decision and you fall behind
  • Options
    Op, the good news is that Wiggs still carries a big punch, but you need CLS lead. Their ships are also good so do not consider your efforts as wasted.
    Resistance with zFinn lead is a solid offensive squad and excels in AAT raid, but is very bad on defense in arena. Still, if you want to catch up then you will need them, so go get them and prosper.
    Probably just skip R1 Laurel and Hardy for now, they are not necessary and you can counter with Thrawn (hope you have Phoenix!).
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    All you have to do is look at the meta report. Not a single Wedge lead.

JEDIT: Actually there's still one somehow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Before like a month ago I used to use cls/han/wiggs/r2 and I would swap in wedge lead to fight Nightsister teams but other than that I only used wedge lead in raids.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Yep that's what I do. CLS lead in arena Wedge lead in tank.

At some point I'm probably going to have to figure out a replacement for Wiggs in arena.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I’m going to run a Rex lead soon thanks all. I zeta r2 and swapped him in at6* for zylo and climbed so fast now the sith teams can’t keep thier debuffs on me anymore and the extra health keeps the rest of my rebs alive. I’m back in top 200. Now I’m out of zetas:( none for cls when I get him or zolo