Is Wiggs,Chaze, R2 still good in Arena?

Terpentin300
244 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hi everybody,

i'm running the above mentioned squad in Arena and my rank is about ~120 each day. Sometimes i can climb up to rank ~85 in my arena shard.

The Top 10 in Arena already have CLS and otherwise there are many Wiggs and NS Teams in my shard.

I want to boost them up and maybe gear them up to gear 10 or further.

https://swgoh.gg/u/terpentin300/

My question is, is it worthwhile to focus on these 5 toons further or to build another team?

I try to get R2D2 on 7* and Thrawn (already building up my Phoenix Team) in the future.

After that i want to farm CLS for sure.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    They are not bad at all. Keep farming Chaze disregarding wether you use them in the arena or not. They have their uses in LS TB and TW as well. However, when you start encountering CLS and JTR teams you might have more success with Rex, Chaze, R2 and Leia (Leia's tripple shot works well against enemies with foresight, and her stealth works well against counters.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    My question is, is it worthwhile to focus on these 5 toons further or to build another team?

They are still a good team but you are probably facing people with raid characters or legendary characters. Whatever you do raid Han and cls will out damage you and general Kenobi is a better tank than baze.

R2s zetas is crucial with your current squad. Especially number crunch. Combat analysis is vital if you want to replace Chirrut later.

Also while star doesn't really effect baze's tanking it does effect his other attributes and having a 3 star and a 5 star on your team paints a big target.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    If you make it to ranks below 100 with 450k GP you most likely wont encounter many JRT- or CLS-teams for a while. Focus on the toons that are required for R2 and CLS and keep farming your rebels. CLS will be back in a couple of months and the R2 event usually starts at the same time.

With CLS lead and R2 you can add Wiggs, Chaze, Leia ... just try and find out what suits your playing style best.
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks for your quick replies!

My plan is to Zeta R2D2's Number crunch first. And Chirrut is near 6* and Baze near 4*. It is so hard to farm Baze, when you haven't unlock 9-C Hard Light Side Battle. Even after that, it's still be hard to farm him :D

Before i used Chirrut and Baze, i run Lando and Boba. But as you know, they lack in utility in all areas after LVL 70..

Maybe i will try Rex and Leia.
  • Options
    yeah all worthwhile
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for your quick replies!

My plan is to Zeta R2D2's Number crunch first. And Chirrut is near 6* and Baze near 4*. It is so hard to farm Baze, when you haven't unlock 9-C Hard Light Side Battle. Even after that, it's still be hard to farm him :D

Before i used Chirrut and Baze, i run Lando and Boba. But as you know, they lack in utility in all areas after LVL 70..

Maybe i will try Rex and Leia.

Boba and Lando still are useful in TW and TB. And Boba is widely used as pilot in fleets.
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There's two metas isn't there...

A p2p meta, and a f2p meta.

Obviously they overlap to an extent and p2p meta will, in time, become f2p meta.

Right now- Wiggs, Chaze and R2 are definitely very high on the f2p list. And good fun too I bet!
  • Terpentin300
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    P2p meta is JTR i guess? But in my eyes CLS isn't p2p. I mean, it just needs time to get him. Farming a decent Empire Team for R2 and farming the other toons (Leia, STH, Old Ben, Luke Farmboy) isn't that hard.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    P2p meta is JTR i guess? But in my eyes CLS isn't p2p. I mean, it just needs time to get him. Farming a decent Empire Team for R2 and farming the other toons (Leia, STH, Old Ben, Luke Farmboy) isn't that hard.

Depends on your shard. The toons for cls aren't hard but depending on when you started it might have been p2p for you if you 2anted him last time but it's definitely f2p if you want him next time.
  • Options
    P2p meta is JTR i guess? But in my eyes CLS isn't p2p.

As I said - p2p meta eventually becomes f2p meta.

• Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JRT is not p2p either. Resistance has been around for a very long time and even if FO was needed for BB8 in order to unlock JRT one had enough time to farm FO. The Veterans were already obtainable via cantina for a while before the JRT event was announced. But many did not care for them.

I am not f2p and not a whale. But I spent a considerable amount during the 13 months I play this game. Many f2p players are still out of reach for me because they started one year before I even learned about this game. One can buy time or take the longer road which is what you call f2p.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Depends on your shard. The toons for cls aren't hard but depending on when you started it might have been p2p for you if you 2anted him last time but it's definitely f2p if you want him next time.

If you were playing already when CLS came out the first time, then you could have unlocked him this christmas totally FTP.
  • Options
    They are good, top 250 and even top 100 arena good. Just don't expect to stay top 50 for months on end.
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    811 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If your rank is up to 85 on some days with a 3* Baze and a 5* Chirrut then you may be able to get to the top 50 with that squad in your shard. In mine, not so much, but you only need to worry about yours. I would keep on keeping on if I were you and keep working on Phoenix for Thrawn (and if you have 7 *Thrawn getting R2 to 7* is a cake walk).

Leia is a great idea until you get raid Han Solo. It seems to me (and mine is only 5* so I haven't really started on Han yet) that raid Han Solo is pretty much Leia on steroids with the triple shot he has going on. I could be wrong on that, just seems like it to me.