Is it possible to complete GW without any restarts?

Prev1
Hey guys,

Is it possible to comp GW past lvl 60 without restarting a match due to losing a character? :)

i can only really get to node 7 max before being wiped out, see a lot of guys on YT playing GW but having to restart alot so was curious...

Heres my poor attempt :p

https://youtu.be/jJ9QcBq7ZHE

Replies

• Options
    I'm lvl 69 past twenty days I've completed GW with no death or retreats lol
  • Options
    Pre update I could. But now that I'm facing 5 7*'s can't get past the 5th one :p
  • Options
    It's possible. I actually went through with only my A team no losses no resets my last 2 GW, but a few days ago I finished with 1 character left on my entire roster and a bit before that I wiped entirely. The GW matchmaking is super wonky and actually confirmed to be currently broken by the devs.

GW has been giving me easier opponents as I level up. At lvl 55 I was facing all 70s and lots of 7/70 with full purple gear. Now at 63 now I face 66 tops with lots of blue gear. Like I said, it's wonky.
  • Options
    @VastDeath As soon as you hit level 70, you'll actually be challenged. The last day I completed GW on 69 I started with a level 48 team, after I hit 70 it was 64 and 70 teams from node 3 on. The cake walk is over at 70. I wonder if anyone else noticed this, seems like the match up algorithm is much more complicated then simply the sum power total of your arena team.
  • Options
    Schmohawk wrote: »
    @VastDeath As soon as you hit level 70, you'll actually be challenged. The last day I completed GW on 69 I started with a level 48 team, after I hit 70 it was 64 and 70 teams from node 3 on. The cake walk is over at 70. I wonder if anyone else noticed this, seems like the match up algorithm is much more complicated then simply the sum power total of your arena team.

I hope you are right, I'm tired of GW being so easy

• Options
    Pre update, easily with my A team. Now, 20+ retreats 5 out of the 7 days.

Facing 6 or 7 lvl 70, 7 star groups makes it extremely difficult! Especially since I only have 1 toon over 5 stars.

The other 2 days, I gave lvl 55 groups all the way through with 1 lvl 65 team... I can almost auto play those days
  • Options
    via dev INRAJ on the reddit:

Awesome Server Dude thinks he's found the reason why GW keeps selecting those OP level 70 purple 7-stars for you, and he's working on a solution. The problem is that our server engineers are buried under a small mountain of work, so WHEN that fix will be ready is anyone's guess right now.

As I stated, the system is not selecting your opponents correctly and we think we've identified the issue. It hasn't been fixed yet, so expect the system to not work exactly as stated for the time being.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/
  • Options
    That depends on how deep you're roster is. I complete it daily without restarts in order to make it more fun and challenging. ;)
  • Options
    i've lost maybe 1 GW since the update Ive completed more after the last update then ever before and im happy about it cause apparently its harder now & I havent noticed
  • Options
    I didnt use retreat b4 gw got much challenging when i hit lvl70 now i may face 7star maxed in battle 1-3 onward so i have to if i wanna win :/
  • Options
    I used to try and avoid levelling up my guys due to hearing that your top 5 sets the pace...

But i was taking hits in arena...

Leveled guys up to 67 and my first node is this... Not bad but compared to fighting mid 50s its a step up... Ill be recording my progress for that one...

iDfm9
  • Options
    i've lost maybe 1 GW since the update Ive completed more after the last update then ever before and im happy about it cause apparently its harder now & I havent noticed

It's not harder. It's actually not functioning correctly, so some players get easy / normal GW and some get squads 50% higher in power than theirs. You are getting either the correct opponents or easier than you should be, depending on the intended difficulty of matchmaking (don;t know what CG is targeting). I'm getting "easy" matches too at the moment, but a week ago I was at 17k arena power, lvl 55 and was facing 7/70 squads with 25k power.

• Options
    I didn't see Barriss in your roster. She could have saved you, and a few of your key players a few times in that sequence of fights. It is worth it to get her for GW alone. And she is relatively easy to get.

People have been putting Eeth Koth down for a long time as well. For my squad, he seems to stun Dooku about 80% of the time I use him, and then you don't have to suffer all those doubles and counters.
  • Options
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I didn't see Barriss in your roster. She could have saved you, and a few of your key players a few times in that sequence of fights. It is worth it to get her for GW alone. And she is relatively easy to get.

People have been putting Eeth Koth down for a long time as well. For my squad, he seems to stun Dooku about 80% of the time I use him, and then you don't have to suffer all those doubles and counters.

ah yeah shes farmable now so might do that after dooku. Thought she was pack exclusive.

Eethe is good. At 4 star though his health / defence is poor but hes easyyy to gear up like gs, fantastic guys to fill up the roster to rotate inand out for special occasions (droid teams)

Its hust awkward to farm for another char whilst building the team to conpete in pvp whilst being f2p imo
  • Options
    I'm 100% FTP. Have Barriss at 5*. My arena ranking is 200-500. Hard Launch server. Low rewards but consistent. And yeah, I made some farming errors in the beginning. Part of the reason my Eeth is so high. Glas I have him for those Dooku teams in GW.
  • Options
    /
    I'm 100% FTP. Have Barriss at 5*. My arena ranking is 200-500. Hard Launch server. Low rewards but consistent. And yeah, I made some farming errors in the beginning. Part of the reason my Eeth is so high. Glas I have him for those Dooku teams in GW.

She tricky to lvl/gear? Once i got dooku to 5* (5 more shards) i was going to focus onmy 4star gs whose in my squad arena gear 8.

I tend to bounce between 180-340....

XNNjr

• Options
    I have Barriss at Gear VIII. It wasn't too bad. But my roster isn't like most. I made mistakes, and then continued to follow those mistakes through to the end. My Dooku was a long time coming, just got him at 4*, farming LS/DS hard nodes. That took a long time. I haven't used him yet. Was hoping to get lucky and have him fall into GW rewards.

I only have GS at 1* 0/15. I keep telling myself to fix that, but been working on a different long term plan.
  • Options
    I have Barriss at Gear VIII. It wasn't too bad. But my roster isn't like most. I made mistakes, and then continued to follow those mistakes through to the end. My Dooku was a long time coming, just got him at 4*, farming LS/DS hard nodes. That took a long time. I haven't used him yet. Was hoping to get lucky and have him fall into GW rewards.

I only have GS at 1* 0/15. I keep telling myself to fix that, but been working on a different long term plan.

Ah yeah fair enough... I didnt come to know the importance of Shards until GW... where i went on to level up lumi... then phasma... then sidious in arena... eeths my next guy im leveling up in arena, who might come in handy for the yoda show down...

trying to get shards for JC is tricky...

Its worth getting dooku though cantina battles.... very handy and easy that way... unless you havent unlocked that part yet?

and get on GS, hes a good one to use, although to many people might have him and you might be able to find another guy whose better ?

care to share your long term plan ? :P

[

imgur.com/a/XNNjr

i cant seem to get any images to work :s

• Options
    Yeah with the exception of one day I haven't had trouble in three weeks. If I could make a suggestion, you need to swap out qui gon as your leader. As it is right now, your leader ability is wasted on 60% of your team. IMO, you should plan your team to where your leader ability falls on 80%. If you swap him out with Luminara, you get extra evade and a passive heal to everybody. It won't be as strong for the other three non Jedi but it's still there. Qui gon is great in the arena but in GW that heal is clutch.

Also, I would recommend swapping Sid out. Your current lineup is two healers and three attackers. That's great, but two of them are low health ones. I would recommend adding Jedi consular as a third healer. He's not very good at anything but he does everything well enough. His heal cooldown's a lot faster than the other two allowing you to save their heals for when serious damage happens. Im working on swapping him out in the squad arena but I consider him a must have to make it through GW.
  • Options
    I have never done it. I got close once, second to last battle
  • Blankenshipbro
    132 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've only started beating GW since I got to lvl 63 so yes. I've beat it all but once since I got to 63 and it's largely due to me focusing on starring up certain characters (Stormtrooper Han, GS and Lumi).

I go Phasma lead, lumi, gs, Stormtrooper Han and Jedi C. 2 healers plus Han is a great combo.
  • Options
    Yeah with the exception of one day I haven't had trouble in three weeks. If I could make a suggestion, you need to swap out qui gon as your leader. As it is right now, your leader ability is wasted on 60% of your team. IMO, you should plan your team to where your leader ability falls on 80%. If you swap him out with Luminara, you get extra evade and a passive heal to everybody. It won't be as strong for the other three non Jedi but it's still there. Qui gon is great in the arena but in GW that heal is clutch.

Also, I would recommend swapping Sid out. Your current lineup is two healers and three attackers. That's great, but two of them are low health ones. I would recommend adding Jedi consular as a third healer. He's not very good at anything but he does everything well enough. His heal cooldown's a lot faster than the other two allowing you to save their heals for when serious damage happens. Im working on swapping him out in the squad arena but I consider him a must have to make it through GW.

So two attackers three healers? Qui gon, lumi, consular, daka, gs?

Had a second attempt the other day. Got smashed... They tend to focus on healers which is annoying...

Out of my roster what would you use?

http://imgur.com/a/XNNjr

https://youtu.be/GQa7HagGxis
  • Options
    I've only started beating GW since I got to lvl 63 so yes. I've beat it all but once since I got to 63 and it's largely due to me focusing on starring up certain characters (Stormtrooper Han, GS and Lumi).

I go Phasma lead, lumi, gs, Stormtrooper Han and Jedi C. 2 healers plus Han is a great combo.

Han geared up ? Level / gear for han?

I find he goes down fast...
  • Options
    Last couple days have been rough. I think the first day out of several weeks of completions, I hit this team at node 7 or so: 7* Old Ben, 7* QGJ, 7* Poe, 7* Leia, 7* GS (all 70, max gear from what I could tell). Haven't beat it since. My current roster is at (7) 7*, 14 level 70's - I think it's cause I've been hitting rank 1 lately, but since no one knows for sure it's anyone's guess.
  • Options
    Tmjm wrote: »

I also use Han and Lumi/Daka for GW. I save Han's taunt for harder levels, since we destroy the enemy team so quickly with his taunt up, that it doesn't recharge in time for the next level.
    My Han is level 70, 7*, full gear 8 and all abilities at 6 (except his leader, I never use him for that). I have little to no trouble keeping him alive, especially if I bring Ben. Tarkin would probably also work, but I don't have him.
  • Options
    Ive never lost GW as I have Leia, Rey, FOTP, QGJ, Maul all max stars/gears/abilities.
  • Options
    I am level 70 with max gear heroes.
    My team for GW, Sid (lead), Thalia, Lumi, JC and Old Daka.
    I can finish it with autoplay. I guess the main point, you should use as more healers as you can.
  • Options

Ah yeah fair enough... I didnt come to know the importance of Shards until GW... where i went on to level up lumi... then phasma... then sidious in arena... eeths my next guy im leveling up in arena, who might come in handy for the yoda show down...

trying to get shards for JC is tricky...

Its worth getting dooku though cantina battles.... very handy and easy that way... unless you havent unlocked that part yet?

and get on GS, hes a good one to use, although to many people might have him and you might be able to find another guy whose better ?

care to share your long term plan ? :P

[

imgur.com/a/XNNjr

i cant seem to get any images to work :s

I'm level 70, so all the battles are available for now.

My plan is pretty simple.
    Create one Dark side team, and max them out, which has "some" sense of synergy.
    Do the same for a Light side team. If I'm working on farming Kylo (dark) in Cantina battles, I get a light side character from the Cantina shipments. Dark character in GW shipments, Light character with Arena tokens.

GW was always more important to me than arena, so I wanted 2 strong teams. Now that's in place, I'm winning almost every GW without losing more than 2-5 characters by the end of battle #12. I had a tough time when I was level 62-68. Couldn't beat it for about 3 weeks. When I hit 70, it has been manageable, usually about 20-25 minutes to complete. I don't care if I lose one here or there. That's when 10 strong come into play. Barriss made this possible for me.

I'll get Yoda next time, I have enough to 5*. Maybe 6* by then. Barriss is a tough farm though.
  • Options
    Szecsa wrote: »
    I am level 70 with max gear heroes.
    My team for GW, Sid (lead), Thalia, Lumi, JC and Old Daka.
    I can finish it with autoplay. I guess the main point, you should use as more healers as you can.

i guess that works! daka is so annoying to play against...
  • Options

I also use Han and Lumi/Daka for GW. I save Han's taunt for harder levels, since we destroy the enemy team so quickly with his taunt up, that it doesn't recharge in time for the next level.
    My Han is level 70, 7*, full gear 8 and all abilities at 6 (except his leader, I never use him for that). I have little to no trouble keeping him alive, especially if I bring Ben. Tarkin would probably also work, but I don't have him.

do you use han much out of gw or is he mainly a gw investment ?

i may have to dabble in him after i finish eeth...