Lvl 55: how to plan my way into fleet arena

Hi all,
I'm currently lvl 55 and at the rate this is going, I'll be lvl 65 in less than 15 days.

Thus far, all my focus is set on getting my Phoenix team to all 7* asap, and I've been very successful in arena thus far (Hovering around top 20) with it.

I also want to be successful in fleet arena, but I know that for this, I have to plan ahead.

First off, here's my current collection https://swgoh.gg/u/zorglub/ships/

Question 1: Will my fleet arena shard be comprised of the same people as my arena shard? If not, is there a way for me to engineer my way into a shard that is comprised of similar level people.
Question 2: Looking at my collection, do you have any advice as to which characters I should slowly start investing in?

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Won’t be same as arena shard. Can’t be engineered but, everyone enters the shard the moment they hit that specific level. So everyone starts at same level.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure how to gauge based on what you have, been t, you’ll definitely want Biggs, TFP, FOTP, Tie A., Reaper and Scimitar when you can get to it.

Otherwise, invest biggest on Biggs, Tie A, Boba, and 5’s. Great TL based Ships that keep your Center (Biggs) alive
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You are running phoenix so get phoenix ships. They arent great but the fact that their pilots are your best people means that they will be your best ships for now.

Also make sure you are in a guild doing tank raids regularly. You need the fleet currency.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    This won't exactly help you top your shard, but you'll want at least 5 darkside ships to 5 star to start getting zetas. Which means you've got to get 5 pilots and Tarkin as well. I'd recommend Vader, Boba, TFP, and any two of Maul/FOTFP/Geo Soldier/Geo Spy depending on what's easiest.

Looking at what you have, the 5 I'd work on would be- TFP, Geo Soldier, Vader, Boba and Maul/FOTFP, depending on who ends up easier for you or more in tuned with your needs (like FOTFP is needed for JTR)

Note that all this is for when you can farm zeta's and kinda off topic from staying on top.

Most people advise going Tarkin, Biggs, and as much target lock as possible. So Vader, Boba, and the rest of the TIE crew (not the silencer of special forces). Shore and Deathtrooper are long, hard, end game farms.

If I were in your shoes I shoot for something like- Biggs, Vader, Pheonix ships, TIE or Geo
  • Options
    Thanks for all those advices

however, how am I supposed to farm Vader an Phoenix ships? Vader ship doesn't drop from any node afaik, and phoenix ship is lvl 9 hard node, so nothing I can start farming / preparing for today.

Looks like biggs is a good goto choice, I'm considering starting to work on him right now, there's no rush to get Zeb 7*. This would let me get biggs at 6* by the time I turn 65.

What about JC, I read some guides recommend to farm him, but I don't like farming low level hard nodes, I rather use my energy for gear farming.
  • Options
    Biggs is definitely goTo. Your farm for Tie Advanced can’t happen until you start getting fleet tokens. That’s where I believe you should start spending those tokens first. In the mean time you could gear Vader to 8 in preparation for unlock.

But idk what all your focii add and whatnot so really you could know that best.

It’s really tough to say what I would have done at your level, so many variables these days. JC was great for me, but I ran a Mace lead. He might be really good early on in general, but late game he is only good for Mace