Sith team viable at mature shards?

Hi Guys,

I'm one of those guys who hate light side. I know CLS, GK, Zariss and others are the cool kids on the block, but I'd really enjoy if I could build a sith team and still have some sort of a chance to land a nice arena ranking at the end of the day, even if that requires many crystals and time..

These are the 2 teams I was thinking of:
Zaul (L), SiAssassin, SiTrooper, DN, +1 (either Dooku/Palp/Savage)
DN (L), SiAssassin, Dooku, Zavage, Maul

Please let me know if you see any chance of these working on advanced shards, or if you have your own dark side (preferably sith) teams that works, please post below.

Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    Anything wins on offense, few things hold well on defense. Sith definitely doesn't right now but you never onow what characters will get added or which factions will get reworked.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    It's not something that is viable but i have a bet ona future nearmeta team.

Palpatine is the only event only character with no zeta. I suspect that eventually he will get a rework to include a zeta. Depending on what the zeta is (if it's leadership) a Sith empire mix with Palpatine Thrawn and Darth Nihilus and two others may be viable outside the very top of shards.
  • Options
    Right now? No. Next month? Quite possibly.
  • Options
    I'm with ya. I am anti-light side. I can't tell you now that DN is not a viable option with RJT.
    With CLS, it depends on the squad makeup. If (like most) has CLS, Han, R2, GK and Zarriss, it can be done, but is not great.
    Since i was one of the few who did not do Zaul, I can't help you on that one.

But, if you want to scratch that annoying itch that is CLS and RJT mania and want to stick with mostly DS, here's a few combos that have worked really well for me.

RJT is easy. Nightsisters. I'm using MT, Asajj, Zombie, R2, and GK. If you don't have Nightsisters then you can do the Thrawn Empire squad (see below)

CLS. Multiple options available now. My new favorite is FO. KRU, Kylo, FOST, FOO, and FOX. GK drops pretty quickly and then it's simply mopping up.
    Thrawn is my other anti-CLS squad. The normal makeup is Thrawn (L), DT, Krennic, Shoretrooper, and a random 5th. If I'm facing a lot of DPS, then I use Stormtrooper. If I'm facing Zarriss, I use Nihilus. If neither, then I play around with different toons. Sometimes Tarkin, Veers, whoever.
  • Ikenstein86
    136 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I stubbornly ran only sith teams prior to the zaul meta, throughout it, and up until just a couple weeks ago. I was able to climb pretty high on offense, even hit #1 a couple of times well after the release of CLS, but it was not easy.

To preface this, all of my sith are g12, with most g12 gear that is worth getting like multi-tools or the 6250 health bonus, and have all zetas.

I would run DN (L), Savage, Kylo, SA, Maul on offense. Typically I would target mostly General Zarriss teams. I never saw a GZ comp that could put up much of a fight, outside of the occaisional worst case scenario RNG nightmare. I still use this squad frequently when I see a GZ team and want an easy jump.

I tried to find homes in this comp for EP, Dooku, and SiT, but found that EP is still too squishy, even with the g12 health boost and regen under DN lead, Dooku hits a lot, but at the top end it's for so little damage that it's meaningless, and SiT is an appropriate name, because if the opposition has CLS (everyone), he justs sits there with buff immunity while the rest of the team is slaughtered.

This team was (and is) pretty good on offense. On defense, it didn't stand a chance, so I would take the same comp and switch Maul lead, Zaul, Kylo, DN, SA, Savage. I found this held a lot better on defense. I don't necessarily think it was holding off attempts to beat it. I just think people still absolutely hate facing Maul teams because the computer gets so many dodges it's just annoying. Plus, I would stick around by gaining ground right back with the first team, so they could never get rid of me.

If there's something else that works, I'd love to hear about it. I recently had to switch to a FO hybrid team. It's a lot of fun, but forces me to use a couple of light side toons, and I hate that.
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Zaul is not a viable lead due to popularity of R2.

This is the key point - burn shredded Maul's leader skill.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Your best bet for DS is the Nightsisters with zMother Talzin lead or FO with zKRU lead.

There is an Empire team in my old shard that is good. ZThrawn lead, shoretrooper, storm trooper, death trooper, and imperial probe droid.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Any nightsister team that includes Zombie is viable.
    Would be super if it has Talzin, Asajj, and Daka.
    Best 5th could be either Spirit or Acolyte. Spirit for insane damage and stun. Acolyte for time out
  • Options
    About the only DS squad that is able to compete at high end in mature shards is NS. The sith are pretty much dead right now.
  • Options
    I held down the 230-180s with Darth Nihilus (Zeta'd lead), Dooku (key squad member), Palpatine, Savage (zeta'd), and Kylo (zeta'd). But now with the introduction of yet another super powered light side character, that squad holds the 300s. I'm a big fan of dark side characters, but when your crystals are in jeopardy you have to go with what ever helps give you the most. Even if that means using light sided characters like the rebel scum.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You know what When I started this game I was more attracted to DS. My goal was a Sith team. Sidious was one of my first arena teans & one of my 1st 6* toons, & I farmed Dooku day and night through hard nodes (when the cantina node was out of my reach), pulled chromium and got Nihilus, farmed Maul&Vader in fleet instead of Chirrut, & I was looking forward to getting sith generics. The only Sith I couldn't care much was palp cuz I need rebel for him unfortunately.

But after myriads of onesided loses against chirrut & baze, wedge& Biggs, R2 and those rebel cheaters, I found myself being a rebel lover myself. I was supposed to destroy them, but I ended up joining them. Just like the original owner of my name did, but exactly in the opposite way. Now my favorite faction is rebel and 2nd fav is resistance. This game has completely changed my identity.
  • Options
    The only g12 zMaul team in my shard top 50 dropped out of top 50 after JTR and CLS dropped into our shard.

I liked fighting his team even before our shard had CLS because it was unpredictable, but that team never really broke top 10, and his mods were decent.

Now, he is back in top 50 with CLS.
    I liked seeing his Maul team around, but alas.
  • Options
    EP(L) would be the way to go to take out the CLS in meta with Zavage, SiA, SiT, and DN being what I think are the most effective other sith to deal with legendary toons. I don't know how this would do against JTR teams, I haven't seen anything with sith against them yet. The key is to focus mods on tenacity to prevent CLS and Raid Han from applying stun or buff immunity.
  • Options
    @mrail
    High tenacity wont help much against rebels for sever reasons
    1) CLS special applies tenacity down without a potency/tenacity check. Then r2 or han stun ignores your tenacity
    2) Raid Han with a potency cross will margibalize your higher tenacity. R2 has high potency already and many use potency cross on him, taking your high tenacity down to a low chance of resisting
    3) Counters will destroy EP and DN
    4) even without stuns, rebel damage is incredible
  • Options
    I sit under 200 every day with my sith (Dec 2016 shard). DN(L), EP, DV, ST, CD. None of them have zetas and aside from mods they aren't all that strong. G11 for 3 of them, G10 the rest. Tenacity mods on DN, EP, ST, CD and Potency on Vader.

Planning to replace Vader when I get Sith Assassin to 7* and Gear 10 (at least). I would also drop a zeta on Nihilus so I don't require Vader's Force Crush to debuff everyone before I use drain force. They rarely fall outside of 200 and if they do, I can manage to climb back to low 150's every day.

WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    Started Feb 2016. Absolutely no way a Sith team is viable in my shard. You will be targeted. R2 effectively neutered zMaul teams.

I haven’t seen a Sith team in the top 50 for months.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My guild mate is in a Dec 2016 shard, he grab #1 everyday on payout: Maul, Savage, SA, Nihilus and Kylo. All g12 and with top gear.

Obviosly not that good on defense, but work well on offense he says. Strategy is Kylo getting hit all the time, then when he triggers outrage crits for 50k.
  • Options
    Most of what everyone above said is accurate. "...currently...an ALL SITH team isn't viable..."

I run between 30-50 in my shard (fairly older), but there are few teams with any DS toons. I would recommend a combination with a Sith base (assuming you want to stay completely away from light side).

I run a DN lead, Zooku, Thrawn, CLS, and Zylo. Sometimes I'll throw Sith Trooper, Raid Han, or R2 in there.

Happy to help.
  • Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Zaul is not a viable lead due to popularity of R2.

This is probably the simplest yet most accurate answer. Most meta teams out there - by they JTRey, CLS or GK/Zarris run R2. R2 is the bane of Zaul lead teams, so those are definitely out.

The second team (zDN lead) has issues as well. First off, R2's stealth will make Dooku's counter attack basically useless. Second, the ability for JTRey teams to keep hitting you, makes the lack of protection an issue. The TM control of CLS/Raid Han or even Thrawn can also create problems. As can the counters of a CLS lead team.

If Dark Side is a "must", Nightsisters or even Empire are better options right now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*