Bit of advice on Squad Arena team

Hey,

Looking for a bit of advice on the squad arena team. Seem to be having a lot of problems at the moment.

Running with Lando L, Boba, STHan, Lumi and Luke or Kylo.

Any suggestions would be welcome, working towards 7* Lando, Boba, STHan and Lumi, don't really know which 5th to work on....

https://swgoh.gg/u/ximi/collection/

Thanks!

Replies

• ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Based on what you have I would suggest a rebel squad: AA (L) + Lando + Boba + STH + Leia

You should farm Biggs before Lumi because you would want to have Wedge + Biggs eventually.
  • Options
    Turn around. Start farming pheonix, you are low enough level that you can switch to them pretty easily. They are a great low level team, and get you thrawn and palp
  • Options
    I have much advise to give, based on what you have now i advise you to use this team: Ackbar (L), ST han (or royal guard), luminara, leia and boba (or lando). A good rounded beginner arena team, plenty of dps, utility and speed (speed for rebels only, but under ackbar lead whenever ST han or RG and luminara and leia use non-damage specials there will be assist attacks from rebels), don´t underestimate royal guard, he is one the very best dark side tanks in the game (my personal top 3), his unique makes him work kinda like general kenobi, taunting whenever anyone gets below 50 % health. RG has saved my arena team very often, i used him in arena all the way up to top 200 ranking.

Now then, i highly recommend that you start farming #1 a credit heist team, upgrading characters is very expensive, clearing credit heist event will help you to get much needed credits to upgrade your teams, my recommended team is: Boba (L), ST han, cad bane, IG-88 and lando, farm them to 5 stars and gear level 8, that way you can clear the the highest tier of credit heist event (and training droid event too), and you can also clear the crit chance mod challenge at the same time.

#2 Start farming the phoenix squad, they will help you to climb arena rankings much better than your current team, however they may not become useful anymore in arena when you get past level 70 or 80, but they will unlock thrawn, they can also easily get palpatine for you and to top it off they will make galactic war so much easier for you to clear... every day. Plus their ships are good too.

Eventually you will get to the point where you can farm wedge in cantina battles (he is in stage 6), farm him and biggs (biggs can be found in galactic war store), those 2 are monsters when on the same team, i still see them in high arena rankings, top 200 and even top 100.

And when you get to ships, in fleet store farm characters that you need for ships first before farming ships, the higher star count your character is, the better your ships will be (gear level too of course), but you decide your priority (ships or charcters), but no matter what, chirrut should be your first priority (he is great even without baze).

If you are wondering what other characters would be good to get, i refer you to this youtube link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_RzSMTgP4

P.S. If you are wondering if your team can work against high star count teams, don´t worry, just keep farming gear, so long as your team´s gear level is high enough it can compete with high star count teams. FX a 4 or 5 star gear level 10 character, is as strong as a 7 star gear level 8 character.

P.S. Again. Some galactic war advise, pick 3 teams to gear upgrade side by side, when the first team is the same gear level as each other focus on the next team to get to the same gear level as the first, do the same for the third team, after that go back to the first team and repeat the process, that way you should avoid getting sudden or impossible difficulty spikes in galactic war.
  • Options
    Urgh a bit disheartening to hear I've got to do a 360 and get Pheonix but I suppose it makes sense, won't this put me quite far behind in arena anyway with people that farmed pheonix from the beginning?
  • Options
    Ximi wrote: »
    Urgh a bit disheartening to hear I've got to do a 360 and get Pheonix but I suppose it makes sense, won't this put me quite far behind in arena anyway with people that farmed pheonix from the beginning?
    You're rank 600 anyway (if you were top 20 I'd argue otherwise). By farming Phoenix now you'll be increasing your rank to top 100 within a month. If you stay as you are you'll stay beyond 200.
  • Options
    OK thanks everyone!