Advise on Light Side Squad

Long story short I haven't been giving my Light Side any love and now I am paying for it in the Light Side battles. I have been told to work on my Rebel squad but wanted to see if anybody else out there had some different advise. Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/wildirish/collection/

I've been playing for a little over a month and yes I have spent some money getting my Dark Side ahead.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The standard early game advice is to farm Phoenix squadron (not just any rebels). If you are a dark side lover you are going to want to do that anyway because it's the only way to get Thrawn.

With respect to LS/DS/cantina battles, the easiest way to get through them is by borrowing really powerful allies, either from your guildmates if you are in a strong guild, or from people here who volunteer to ally with lower level folks to help them along.
  • wildirish
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Uggg..crap. Im just not a fan of Phoenix Squad. Anybody else have any suggestions?
  • Options
    Think about it like this: if you get even a 5 star phoenix team and their ships, it will help you in light side battles, TB, ships, Emperor Palp. event, Thrawn and Chimera events. So by investing in one team on the light side, the payout will also help your dark side team.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    wildirish wrote: »
    Uggg..****. Im just not a fan of Phoenix Squad. Anybody else have any suggestions?

To be clear phoenix is the only way to get Thrawn.

Another popular ftp ls squad is sth Wiggs lando random other rebel.

• Options
    If you want a strong and useful light side squad, keep farming them rebels, jedi suck, ewoks are only good when maxed out, clones need specific toons or all clones to be any good (except rex, he is great), resistance might be a good alternative (finn with zeta upgrade on his leadership makes them probably the best offensive team), but overall rebels rule supreme.

Having said that, if you don´t want phoenix, don´t get them, do what is fun for you, for arena thrawn is not must have anymore, plenty of ways to counter him. Based on what you have now i would use: Ackbar (L), ST han, leia, luminara and biggs, good rounded light side team with plenty of dps (through assist attacks via ackbar leadership). I know you don´t have leia, luke will do for now, leia is great if you don´t have han solo (tier 7 rancor raid reward), or lando. But eventually farm wedge, him and biggs together are monsters, i still se them in top 200 even top 100 in arena rankings.

Otherwise i refer you to this youtube link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_RzSMTgP4
  • Options
    Thank you GloriousFool! That is the advise I was looking for.
  • Options
    Thanks GloriusFool! This helped a lot. I have Jyn and K2SO. Do you think they would synergize with Akbar, Biggs, Lando (eventually Wedge)?
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    To be clear phoenix is the only way to get Thrawn.

This - bite the bullet.

This is the Arena team you should work towards - Wedge (Lead), Biggs, STHan, Boba, Leia.

Then farm Empire to get R2 and replace Boba with him.

Oh, and watch this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRZ016XV4k
  • Options
    Loving the FO squad, although from what other people told me the FO pilot is the best DPS in the team, you only have him at 5 stars.

Aside from that, I am not a fan of the phoenix squad either, but they are keeping me top 50 in arena now and gave me top 20 in fleet arenas. On the other hand, FO fleet ships also hold good spots but you need to spend some money to get them fast enough.
    if you are looking into light side JUST for the light side battles, I saw a few people in your guild that have a lvl 85 wedge which they will share to you if you ally them. I wont post any names but you can easily find them by just inspecting your guild (I saw them on your swgoh.gg profile). A lvl 85 wedge will easily carry you trough to stage 8, maybe even further I haven't gone that far.
  • Options
    That video is very helpful, but the thing I don't like about the Phoenix route in getting CLS (which seems to be his main end goal behind this entire strategy), is that it actually requires you to farm more characters to 7* than just going with a traditional rebel squad.

Phoenix is a pretty easy group to farm, with the one exception being that you need 2 from the cantina. They get you one additional empire character than traditional rebels, but it ignores the fact that you need Old Ben, Leia, STHan and FB Luke as well as R2D2 for CLS. If you go with Wiggs/STH/OB/Leiah to get you EP, then not only are you getting one "free" empire character to get you R2, but you'll have 3 of the 5 required to get CLS already farmed and geared.

To get CLS, you need the following:
    - FB Luke
    - Old Ben
    - Princess Leia
    - STHan
    - Empire Toon 1
    - Empire Toon 2
    - Empire Toon 3
    - Empire Toon 4
    - Empire Toon 5

So basically 5 Empire toons gets you R2, or 9 characters total to farm. If you farm a random empire toon or if you get another rebel to get EP, it's still 9 characters you need to actually go out and farm.

By farming and gearing a complete Phoenix squad, you're getting 5 additional characters just to get a "free" Empire toon for R2. You still have to farm FBL/OB/Leia/STHan and 3 more Empire to meet the Hero's Journey requirements. You'll end up having to farm 12 characters from 0*-7* instead of just 9 by farming the required rebels from the start. The only difference being at the end of the day, you won't have that additional legendary character (Thrawn).
  • Options

YKMisfit wrote: »
    That video is very helpful, but the thing I don't like about the Phoenix route in getting CLS (which seems to be his main end goal behind this entire strategy), is that it actually requires you to farm more characters to 7* than just going with a traditional rebel squad.

Phoenix is a pretty easy group to farm, with the one exception being that you need 2 from the cantina. They get you one additional empire character than traditional rebels, but it ignores the fact that you need Old Ben, Leia, STHan and FB Luke as well as R2D2 for CLS. If you go with Wiggs/STH/OB/Leiah to get you EP, then not only are you getting one "free" empire character to get you R2, but you'll have 3 of the 5 required to get CLS already farmed and geared.

To get CLS, you need the following:
    - FB Luke
    - Old Ben
    - Princess Leia
    - STHan
    - Empire Toon 1
    - Empire Toon 2
    - Empire Toon 3
    - Empire Toon 4
    - Empire Toon 5

So basically 5 Empire toons gets you R2, or 9 characters total to farm. If you farm a random empire toon or if you get another rebel to get EP, it's still 9 characters you need to actually go out and farm.

By farming and gearing a complete Phoenix squad, you're getting 5 additional characters just to get a "free" Empire toon for R2. You still have to farm FBL/OB/Leia/STHan and 3 more Empire to meet the Hero's Journey requirements. You'll end up having to farm 12 characters from 0*-7* instead of just 9 by farming the required rebels from the start. The only difference being at the end of the day, you won't have that additional legendary character (Thrawn).

You're no fool, clearly.

Anything anyone ever tells you here is their opinion. You seem very clear and driven with what you want to do. Most definitely do it!