Mk 5 Arakyd Droid caller for thrawn or old ben

I have the parts for 1 mk5 Droid caller. I can use it to take thrawn or old ben to gear X. I unlocked CLS during his last event and have been trying to find a team that works for me with him. No matter what I try I can't seem to crack the top 100 and often see myself kicked back to the 120s to 150s throughout the day.

Teams I have tried
CLS-zeta on it binds all things
R2-both zetas
Biggs- gear X
Wedge-gear X
Lando-gear XII

Cls-gear XII
R2-gear XII
Old ben
Leia-gear X
Raid Han- gear VIII, only recently got him to 7 stars

I've also tried mixing in thrawn, kylo and nihilus, results are all generally the same. I am mainly facing other teams with CLS, R2 and either raid Han, Leia, baze/chirrut, Biggs/wedge, old ben.

So would old ben or thrawn be better to take to 10. I feel like thrawn dies kind of quick when focused. And old ben can get blocked before he blocks and oddly also seems to die quick when focused.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd whack it on ben if I were you. You need a tank who's going to protect your team not die instantly. You can hide thrawn in stealth from R2.
    Aim to run
    Cls lead, raid han, thrawn, R2, OB. Replace OB with gk when you get him.
  • Options
    Since you are having more issues with climbing into a new bracket, rather then falling out of your current bracket, I'd go with Thrawn.

Try this CLS, r2, Leia, RHan, Thrawn. Mod Thrawn as fast as possible, and most of all make sure r2 is faster then Leia. It's amazing how much more damage she puts up when she doesn't have to waste a turn stealthing herself initially.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thrawn is also a pilot, and his command ship is great, thus if you plan to or already use his ship, you should max his gear first.

Thrawn is one of the best characters in this game, if not the best, and everyone should have him maxed.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Rey Thrawn. If there is ever a question in your mind, the answer is always Rey Thrawn.
  • Options
    Thrawn....his ship is great, he is great...old ben is good too, but not as good or as versatile.
  • Options
    Thrawn also is a huge benefit for tank raid ( or even rancor for an easy auto solo). Cls/zolo/thrawn/R2/leia is viable for arena, although it would fall a lot on defense I would expect. If you have good protection mods with decent speed secondaries, old Ben would still be an asset at g9. Mind tricks synergizes very well with CLS lead zeta, and the early TM removal and ability block can give you a huge boost early on. With R2's stealth/foresight and number crunch boosts, he will last longer than you would expect. Besides, he really only needs to last long enough to get mind trick off, absorb a few hits, and die so the other 4 get all his death buffs. Gearing thrawn up will ensure he lasts long enough to get the full benefit of fracture and his protection Regen TM swap special.
  • Options
    thrawn.. take him to at least G11 ASAP