Power Up bundles?

From datamine provided at reddit:
New power up bundles for daka, darth maul, koth, greedo, luminara, poggle

I don't like the sound of this. Seems like one more thing to keep tabs on? I guess we won't know for a couple more hours.

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    you don't like more options?? geez!
  • Options

I don't like the sound of this. Seems like one more thing to keep tabs on? I guess we won't know for a couple more hours.

I hate that it's one more thing to keep tabs on also. IMO they should get rid of this, grevious, rg changes, ig-100 changes, and new toon of the month. That way we can manage to keep tabs on all the other changes coming this update.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    you don't like more options?? geez!

Too early to judge, but I am of the thought that most things are better left classic.

Too many weird caveats could def ruin it for me. Mind you, I have money and spending is not an issue.

Again, just something to talk about. Might be great for all we know.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    We already had a power up bundle for Anakin a week ago.
  • Options

Care to explain?

Seems like me nor anyone else I have come across knows what power up bundle means.
  • Options
    It's likely just a purchasable shard / character pack. That's what I'm assuming at least until we have any indication otherwise.
  • Options
    I'm guessing this is a load of shards for popular toons...for maul cuz people want him due to episode 1. For the rest because many have them at or near 7☆. That way people can effectively buy gg.
  • Options
    I'll sell my soul for Darth Maul :D
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Darth maul would be hard to farm without cantina node or shipment.

Koth accessible thru arena.

Daka I would buy immediately!!

Shut up n take my money!.
    Cantina shipments takes forever!
  • Options
    I got a 4*maul, but he's kind of useless at 4 stars... Still hits Jedi's really hard though, just too slow.
  • Options
    I want to level up Darth Maul so bad! I really like his ability to get 100% turn upon killing some one
  • Options
    I'm guessing it's shards, purple gear, green/blue/purple mats, training droids, and credits for the character. So if you have them at 4* you can get them quickly to a 5* and skilled and geared fairly quickly..a "power up" for the impatient
  • ender_wiggins
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've got Maul almost at 6 stars from the handful of Chromium packs I've purchased. He's amazing against jedi, but the top 10 on my shard is nearly 75% droid teams and he'd just be murdered. I don't feel like waking up over rank 100...

But:
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
  • Options
    I have a 5* Maul with 25 shards remaining for 6. I could consider it once they reveal the details..
  • Options

I've got Maul almost at 6 stars from the handful of Chromium packs I've purchased. He's amazing against jedi, but the top 10 on my shard is nearly 75% droid teams and he'd just be murdered. I don't feel like waking up over rank 100...

But:
    SpeedWeed wrote: »

Maul still too squishy and slowish

Sid at least has evade against jedi attacks n health/turn meter

And sid is fast
  • Options

I didnt get that bundle. Where was it?
  • Options

It seems a bit early to get worked up about this when we don't know what it involves. My bet would be some shards for a specific character, money and maybe some ability mats.
  • Options
    Maul is awesome but uncompetitive
  • Options
    Maul needs a buff before anyone should invest in him. This is the whole Anakin thing again.
    I have maul and loved him pre-level 40
  • Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    Maul needs a buff before anyone should invest in him. This is the whole Anakin thing again.
    I have maul and loved him pre-level 40

He could use a speed or life boost, but his end-game damage is one of the best out of any toon. He can destroy teams and kill 2-5 jedi in a row without any 1 else getting a turn.

I agree though. He could use a little love.
  • Options
    So. Any word on when these power up bundles show up in the store?
  • Options
    No idea, but they should be no more than 10 bucks IMHO.
  • Options
    Sounds like maul is next up for f2p release.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Face2Face wrote: »
    I got a 4*maul, but he's kind of useless at 4 stars... Still hits Jedi's really hard though, just too slow.

he's also useless at 7*. yes IF he gets a turn he will turn any jedi in the enemy team into kibble and bits especially easier if he gets buffed. Sadly he is, just like many of the force users that can react with such blazing speed as to defelect blaster bolts is in fact slower then molasses. So good luck keeping him alive long enough to fire off his salvo.
  • Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    No idea, but they should be no more than 10 bucks IMHO.

Yeah right probably 20 to 30 bucks
  • Options
    When is this happening...
  • Options
    Old thread from last month, it never panned out